DistributionNOW Employee Reviews

Great Organization and People
Paralegal (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I filled in for the Corporate Secretary/Senior Paralegal before and during her maternity leave. This was a wonderful opportunity with a great legal group.
Pros
Employees
Cons
My commute
Too much politics
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  NDDecember 30, 2018
The first couple months I loved my job. That soon ended with the puppet games the area manager liked to play. Dnow is a great company as long as you work out of the main office in Texas. Everywhere else? If you have a good branch manager you’re golden. If you don’t you’re screwed. My own experience: The company will overlook serious ethical issues at the direction of management. The good old boys network is solidly entrenched here. Doesn’t matter how hard you work or how well you do your job you are expendable. I was told repeatedly by others within the company how good I was at my job. That didn’t diminish the bull’s-eye on my back from our branches favored “pet”. If you are a favorite you can do no wrong no matter how inept you are at your job and your lies against others will be believed as gospel truth.
If you get a job here don’t plan on staying long. Corporate training/trainers are great. A lot can be learned. Political manipulation is rampant. No longevity. A few carry the workload.
Pros
Training.
Cons
Too much to list.
Great group of people, caring, hard working.
Implementation Lead - Supply Chain Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2018
Felt very welcome there, part of a large family. Comfortable environment. The market quickly affects the company. Senior management seemed detached and inflexible.
Lots of Promises with No Follow Through
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMOctober 18, 2018
Lots of promises made for advancement with none being fulfilled. Good Buddy System alive and well. Lots of hiring/promoting of friend's kids or drinking buddies. If you work hard at a position, frequently held back because they can depend on you.
Great company for entry-level positions in the oil industry
BILLING SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  7402 NORTH ELDRIDGE PKWYSeptember 28, 2018
Great company if you want to enter the oil industry. If this company provided more opportunities for advancement & better management overall, this company would be a match made in heaven. The people at this company are amazing! I love how diverse the company is. There is always someone willing to teach you what they know.
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities
DNOW does not acknowledge Employees for great job performance which is very disappointing.
Inside Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prairieville, LASeptember 28, 2018
My day begins at 8:00 A.M. and each day is very routine. I have learned a lot during my employment with DNOW. I went from being a Receptionist to a Inside Sales Specialist so that says a lot for the company and myself.
I am disappointed in Management. They show up, go straight to the conference room and close the door. They don't speak to any of the employees. I believe when you are in a higher position you lead by example. Every employee plays a very important role within the company and should be treated with respect and made feel that what they do is appreciated.
DNOW has a good Team that works well together. The hardest part of the job is working your hardest and it goes unnoticed. What I enjoy the most is communicating with my customers on a daily basis and the people I work with.
benefits
Cons
advancement
Productive and very motivating
Sr. Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDSeptember 20, 2018
The company had great training programs and a awesome compensation package. The only issue I found was that regardless of the scheduled time off there are entirely to many days when the designated day would extend maybe 3 to 4 hours past regular working hours.
Pros
Great work place very family oriented
Cons
Can be organized a little bit better
Excellent Employer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Distribution Now is an outstanding employer with a clear mission and competent leadership. They offer a work/life balance and pay their employees fairly.
Good job but very far from home since my job relocated. Forced move not optional.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  LaPorte TXSeptember 7, 2018
Company overall could be a good company. Lots of changes in the past making your more a employee number. Not as personable as it was prior to be bought out. Needs more communication from upper management.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Salary staff not compensated for all the time put in. Neither by money or appreciative of your work.
Poor Management/Cut throat/Baptism by fire/Sink or Swim-deep end
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, OHAugust 27, 2018
Inside sales. Take customer orders via land line, email, personal cell and txt. Build quote using SAP. Checking internal stock, company wide stock and outside vendors for product, price and lead times. Place order/transfer materials. Print pick lists for warehouse. After order is picked, print material data sheets for every item lot code (heat code) sometimes resembling a phone book. Now what actually happened. NO training from manager on SAP, vendors lists, operations or SOP... NONE. NO training from co salesmen (They had this misconception their job might be at risk somehow if I knew anything) After a few months, I survived a round of lay offs by going to the warehouse/delivery driver role. Warehouse lead wouldn't teach me anything for first few days I was there. I literally just swept the floors to stay busy. I finally gained some trust and was "allowed" to learn a little, mostly that I was going to do the hard labor and hard jobs. The warehouse lead assigned deliveries based on who he liked, his buddy got the short trips (30 to 45 min), while I got the longer trips (3 hrs one way). Examples of mgr ineptness, asked on a friday at 2pm to deliver an order 3hrs away... Was told "it had to be there today". I just barely made it to the customer as they were leaving for the weekend, thankfully the customer mgr stayed to unload my truck. When he was finished he asked me why I brought the materials, I told him and he laughed saying "We wont start this job for another 4 to 5 weeks!!" Rotational evening/night and weekend on call. I was called out on a sat to deliver materials, customer  more... "needed them yesterday". I went back to same site the next week, the materials I brought on sat still on the ground were I put them.... The 3rd mgr I had also ran the next closest branch, he stole our sales for his branch and ran us into the ground... We all lost the next round of layoffs.  less
Pros
As a delivery driver you can see some of the beautiful state you live in.
Cons
Demanding customers, NO training, No teamwork, Cut throat-back stab, Mgt inept, Equipt in poor condition filthy.
Great place to advance and learn more about the oil and gas industry..
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cuero, TXAugust 21, 2018
Working for DistributionNOW I was able to take large steps into the oil and gas industry and was able to learn more about production and exploration of gas and oil.
Facilities/Mailroom department nightmare
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2018
All I have to say about the company is that they have a great office in the Eldridge/FM529 area. I worked in the Facilities/Mailroom dept. It was only me and the mailroom manager and the facilities manager that had been there for about 30 years each. It's was so stressful working there because of all the micro managing by both supervisors.
Pros
hours 7-4
Cons
Old school managers think they own the place
Good job
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 4, 2018
Pretty relaxed job, good company, good hours. Only there a couple of months and I relocated with my wife to another state. but it was good while I was there
Opportunities to meet different people from all service accounts
AutoCrib Specialist/Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2018
Arrive to customer accounta, assess inventory and determine reorders and requisitions. Place special orders on priority.

The people I met and worked with were awesome and very helpful.

The most challenging part to the job was determining whether material was a buyout of specialty manufactured in house.
Pros
Company expense card, laptop and company truck
Cons
No availability for advancement
Minimal Advancement Opportunity
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, OKJuly 23, 2018
Once you make it to Branch Manager level the chances to advance are few and far between. The jobs that are considered a promotion do not come available very often and the return you get for that promotion is generally not worth it from a pay standpoint.
Productive company to grow with
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 12, 2018
Really great company to work for minus the inside office people. I enjoy working with DNOW’s customers and getting new customers. The company has great perks they offer from day one.
Pros
Work truck, benefits, vacation
Cons
Traveling daily, late nights
Company with a wide array of products and technologies in the energy sector.
Regional Sales Manager, District Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 6, 2018
Faced paced daily demands.

Learn how to collaborate with large businesses.

Management comprised of people that understand building financial success for stakeholders and how to help their client meet financial demands.

Workplace culture has a strong work ethic.

The 24 hour, 7 day work week cycle can be challenging to manage.

The company exposes their employees to fascinating technology needed to help supply citizens with the energy needed to power our lives and our economy.
Pros
Education tuition.
Cons
The industry volatility doesn’t facilitate job security.
pump Technicion
PUMP TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 28, 2018
long days go to work and pick up parts and go into the field and work on salt water pumps lots of traveling to get to the work site from north south ,east, west around 200 miles a day
Pros
company truck and tools
Cons
long days 12 to 15 hrs a day
Fun, and laid back, easy job
Warehouse/Driver (Current Employee) –  New MexocJune 24, 2018
Easy but not very good pay considering the field of work and other competitors rates. There are many higher paying jobs doing the same work other places.
Great starter place
Inside Sales, Warehouse Lead, Driver (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 22, 2018
OK place to work, don't expect much towards pay. Decent benefits but they cost a good bit. People depending on what location you are at some nice people to be around. Pretty relaxed environment but really fast paced jobs.
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
Pay never will be on par with other places

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DistributionNOW. Our community is ready to answer.