Diversey, Inc. Employee Reviews

Disappointing Management
CSR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 15, 2018
The work itself is not bad but the management is terrible--No help at all, CSRs do not feel appreciated, Managers micro-manage but do not even know the role or how to do the job so it is really just bugging you to do the work so they do not look bad to their superiors. You work and give your all--sometimes with unpaid overtime because you have to get it approved in advance (which is crazy because most of the time is it due to an emergency with an order) then come in 10 seconds late the next day and get written up as tardy. Something needs to change with the talent that is brought in to do the job. People know they can get away with doing the bare minimum, not care or pretty much just show up and get paid. They are lazy and selfish and it is only going to be a matter of time before customers start realizing how terrible the service is and leave to work with people who WANT TO help them.
Pros
A decent paying, regular hours job
Cons
See above--Management is awful, no room to grow, toxic environment
Productive and Well-Paced Workplace
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 25, 2018
A typical day at work started at 8 and we worked hard and got a lot done. I learned chemistry and stuff. Management could be better but was okay. The culture was good.
Never bored!!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2018
There is always something new to learn and someone new to collaborate with!
Very collaborative atmosphere and lots of opportunity to grow in your role.
Pros
Team work
The company has changed
Company Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 18, 2018
Diversey Inc. has ownership multiple times. When I worked for Diversey, it was owned by Unilever. It was sold to Johnson Wax in the early 2000's. It was then sold to Sealed Air in the past 10 years. It is now owned by a Hedge Fund that is planning to spin it off as it's own company. Great products but badly executed by management.
Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 15, 2018
The QA position with Johnson Diversey allowed me to utilize and fully develop excellent observational skills while ensuring products in their "Industrial" line adhered to strict "Good Manufacturing Practices" (GMPs). The position with Johnson Diversey also allowed me to schedule and maintain a full time position while also pursuing a Biochemistry degree full time.
Excellent place to work
Technical Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 7, 2018
Family oriented company. Excellent company culture, compensation and benefits.

My position in the Product Technical Support Call Center was very fast paced and stressful, with expectations of knowing about all our products, machines, dispensers in very minute detail in order to answer our customers, sales representatives, and internal customers inquiries.

I learned a tremendous amount of information that I can use for future employment. Excellent training opportunities.

The most enjoyable part of this position is working with all departments in the company, and how most other employees were a joy to work with.
Pros
Benefits, exercise room, cafe, family-oriented culture
Cons
Company relocation to another state, causing lay-off
Customer Service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 26, 2018
The job is easy but there is a lot of work to do each day. If you are not busy, it means that you are missing something. Nothing is standard so you get to work with a lot of different departments and people day to day which makes it interesting and allows you to learn a lot.
Pros
Bonuses, work from home days, a great CS team, Ar, a new office.
Cons
The benefits are expensive and the health care deductible is high.. Paid time off is not competitive, only two weeks to start and five sick days make it difficult to have a work life balance.
If you miss a min they will deduct your pay with no issues.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 24, 2018
I don't mind some rules but bathrooms breaks and all time away from your desk are not reasons to deduct my pay. I just want to go to work and do my job and I do it well. I do not need to be micro managed and this placed does this. Stay away most people don't last long.
Pros
Commute
Cons
low pay
Great Place to Work if You Like a Fast Paced Environment
Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2018
When I started my job search, I was looking for a faster paced environment than my previous employer.

At my interview, I highlighted that as a requirement, and I must say Diversey has definitely delivered.

The environment is fast paced, but highly collaborative. The organization is going through a significant amount of growth and change and everyone seems to be coming together to make things happen.

I've only been with the organization for a few months, but it seems like much longer. From day one, my opinion and decisions have been valued. Decisions are made in days and weeks and not months and years. A welcomed change of pace.
Pros
Fast paced and collaborative environment
Cons
Not for individuals who expect routine and predicatable
Very good place to work and investing to make it even better
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2018
- Highly committed employees and leadership.
- Investing in systems for the longterm.
- Global and diverse workforce.
- Noble mission: to protect and care for people everyday.
Pros
Collaborative work environment.
Very happy with my move to Diversey
Project Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 10, 2018
I've been with Diversey for 6 months and I am very happy I made the decision to join this team. The workload can be very high at times, but that's a good fit for me since I like to stay busy. The work we are doing now is going to help build our business for the years to come. I know that my manager cares about my development and I appreciate that we can be open and honest about my performance and where I'm heading. I get to work with professionals in over 60 countries around the world which is helping me become a better leader. Work isn't all rainbows and roses every day, but I see where we are heading and I feel the group commitment to get there.
Pros
Great people, global experience, 401k match with 100% vesting on day 1
Cons
Priorities can change quickly
stock room
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJune 11, 2018
work fast pace in stockroom putting material away cycle count
relocate material pick order for the main floor and set it up for them in a safety way for coworker.
Pros
special lunch at the of the quorter
I have not been there for a number of years now.
Executive VP/Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJune 4, 2018
When I worked at Diversey/SC Johnson, it was a terrific place to work and have a career. My teammates in all my positions were terrific, along with management. A wonderful experience.
Pros
A great experience both professionally and personally.
Cons
travel.
Poor Middle Managent
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2018
Middle Managers are not managed. My manager was disorganized, scattered and had no understanding how the systems worked. Worst manager I ever had in 30 years.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 4, 2018
Great place to work, good management, had a blast working here, ended up down sizing, would love to work back at this location and with the management that was there
verry large territory- State wide
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTApril 24, 2018
Territory was too large for one person to manage and grow business.
Emergency calls were enough to keep two people busy. it was hard to sell new business. Travel was excessive.
Good Employer but hectic work environment
Sr. Procurement Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2018
There are a lot of demands from outside consultants (on top of day to day responsibilities) as a result of the Spinoff from Sealed Air. Im not exactly sure if the direction of the company is something that I would like to be apart of.
Not a bad place if you don't mind dealing with chemicals
Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  Watertown, WIApril 8, 2018
If you work hard they will pay you well for your work. They also will be willing to advance you to better positions. There are a few negatives to working there. Breathing in chemicals cannot be good for you and the Watertown facility is located in an old building that is very dusty.
Cons
Working with chemicals
Was good company. Now Diversey Care
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMarch 17, 2018
This company has been purchased multiple times and is now Diversey Care and under new ownership so not much can be said.........................................
Fun work place
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2018
It was a good working environment.I had a chance to get experience driving a forklift and got a certificate for operating a forklift..Learned to wire a robot.
Pros
Free doughnuts
Cons
Bad pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversey, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about