Diversicare Health Care Employee Reviews

Fast pace
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Greenville, KYNovember 12, 2018
fast pace little pay not many hours stressful at times but otherwise good work place I only worked 4 hrs a day 4-5 days a week I barley made 200 for 2 weeks
Poor place to work poor for the residents
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 10, 2018
Poor managment always new managment and rules change with each one . They don’t give you your time off and at your yearly employment they take the time from you denying your vacation. Will not give any raises and when and if they did it was .12. The care is very poor building is in poor shape. Not a good place to work and never put your loved ones in the the facilities in saint Joseph mo
Wasn't the best nursing home
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, ALOctober 31, 2018
I loved the residents and this job broke my heart to see what they had to deal with. It was filthy,very poor houskeeping practices.i cleaned the rooms better myselfthan house keeping did. The laundry was aweful. The food was poorly prepared. The staff was rude and they were way understaffed. No team work.
Pros
Kept Certification active
Cons
Bad working atmosphere
demeaning, unfair, unethical work place
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 17, 2018
This is place NEVER has enough staff to take care of the patients. Administrator doesn't care about how low staff is in that building. It needs to be SHUT DOWN!!! THERE IS NO COMMUNICATION WITHIN THE WORKPLACE. The CNA to patient ratio is off the charts--1 CNA to 30 patients at once. The nurses wont help. Its every man for himself like a democracy!!! Its sad that they have patients living there in those conditions!!

DO NOT APPLY TO THIS JOB!!!
poor/good
CNA (Current Employee) –  Claiborne County, TNOctober 14, 2018
I can't say that residents are ever the problem its lack of management rather poor quality. A DON should not always say I'll take care of that an the show no progress of handling it. Insurance benefits are the biggest problem throughout the whole company under paid but over priced insurance that covers nothing hardly without a hefty fee before hand. I have never expected to be rich in the medical field but expected I could provide for a family an make ends meet but barely making even the nursing staff struggles an they work long hours as well. This companies CEOs must not know how to live in a poor county or society maybe they should try it out. I lets not forget favoritism an hiring family members to work together or making up positions so your friend can work with you an making money on company time without the work. I'm sorry this all company complaints not residents they are a pleasure.
Pros
Residents
Cons
over corporation poor management
Would not recommend
CLPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 10, 2018
If you’re thinking of going to work there, go jump in front of a train instead! The people in management are not management material. They make rules up as they go along. It was so much better when it was GLC.
Worst Place to work ever
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 28, 2018
Do not work here the work load is awful I was there a week had 18-22 patients a night because I am a male they put me on the hardest floor in the building. The care the patients get here is a joke pay is awful tried to work out a notice but they were soundes like witches about me leaving so I never went back. But I pity the patients here and the ones who stay trust me you can do better than here. Management is a joke as well.
Poor everything
CNA (Former Employee) –  Mobile ALSeptember 26, 2018
Awful place to work. Staff doesn't help each other if you're not in their clique, the nurses do not accept a report of abuse and are abusive to patients. The care for residents is the poorest I've ever see and I've been doing this work for well over a decade. The pay is a joke, period! The equipment is broken, the residents rooms are filthy, people don't answer call lights making it horrible for a REAL CNA that came to take care of people. There is nothing to do your job with i.e, briefs, soap, shampoo, most of the bathrooms I'm the rooms have broken soap dispensers, no hand sanitizer for staff, no sinks avaible for staff to wash esxept in residents bathrooms, which are disgusting. No one cares. Period. Not the D. O. N, not the nurses, not the management staff, CNAs no one.
Housekeeping/laundry
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lanett, ALSeptember 25, 2018
I started off in housekeeping and I was trained properly. I like housekeeping but it got really messy some days. I was moved to 1st shift laundry and that is where I was for years. I enjoyed that job!! Sometimes clothes got missed places but where found eventually. It was stressful when the family got upset about their mother or father belonging missing but was soon resolved. Later down the line the hours were cut and it was kinda difficult to get everything done like you wanted.
Pros
Layed back once you got your own way to work
Cons
Not enough pay or hours
Poor state review, a lot of theifts
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haysville, KSSeptember 25, 2018
Not organized, money and items missing from residents, lack of skills on management side. Not a good place to work. Dishonesty through out facility, no accountability.
Pros
Cons
Terrible place to work
Enjoyable and friendly staff.
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boaz, ALSeptember 23, 2018
I work in the ACU and I enjoy working with the elderly, I would highly recommend DVCR of Boaz Alzheimer’s Unit to anyone, I love the residents and staff here.
it was ok
Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 22, 2018
I was just an assistant so i didn't just paid a lot but i also feel that I could have been paid more than 9 bucks an hour. Over all it was a pretty meh kind of place to work at
Wouldn’t recommend
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSSeptember 20, 2018
I worked at this facility for over 6 months. You have to fight for your money with the payroll lady and then you still won’t get all of it. I loved this job when I first started but there is so much responsibility laid on the 3-11 shift and everything is your fault no matter what you did to try to take control of a situation we had several people pass away and we were blamed for it saying we killed them. The residents are amazing I loved them but the politics and the coworkers are what makes this job difficult.
Cons
forced to take lunch breaks, reprimanded for unavoidable overtime, not enough hours in a day to complete all tasks
Very good pay for this area but still not enough to maintain a living
Dietary Cook (Current Employee) –  Grayson, KYSeptember 18, 2018
Good working environment but there is not wiggle room for scheduling the pay is decent but There is no understanding of a single parent trying. Hectic and seems like they don’t care about workers
Must be STRONG, Dedicated, and crazy to work there.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Haysville, KSSeptember 17, 2018
The work load for all employees in the facility is unattainable, but the corporate bigwigs continue to demand more. They want the best care with the least amount of employees and compare this large facility to the much smaller facilities across the south.
The department heads are just as much overworked as the floor staff, trying to get as much work as they can in between multiple daily phone and group meetings that are required by, who else, corporate. The teamwork is subpar and there are no real "perks" to working there. The kitchen would rather throw food away than give it to staff, and charge as much as going out to eat just for employee meals. Insurance is costly, and there is no such thing as holiday bonuses. If you're lucky, you'll get a 12 dollar check from Butterball during the holidays. Overall, the staff is exhausted, but the residents keep the spirits up.
Great pay but the benefits stop there
Director of Nursing Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 7, 2018
Zero work/life balance. The company will take everything you have to give and then expect more. There is no support or encouragement from upper management. Major decisions are made by non-clinical entities solely based on money without thought to the outcome for the patients.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Worst facility and horrible upper management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 7, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE!! This has been the worst job I have ever had. Upper management only cares about money and themselves. They will lie and lie about anything and everything. The patient to tech load is way to heavy. They can never keep staff. The building is nasty and falling appart. Very few employees actually care about their job and the residents. Overall it is a terrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Pay, management, staff, cleanliness
This company was fair as an employer.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALAugust 31, 2018
I enjoyed working with the elderly when I was with this company. After over 20 years of working there, I learned at lot. Like any other job there can be challenging days but the overall experience was fair.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sandy Hook, KYAugust 29, 2018
These people really love their work, and it shows, all the way from the bottom to the top.. love makes long term care work. Great support in working here, easy going people and you feel supported.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Need more staff, too much of a work load for staff.
Need a lot of changes!!!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amory, MsAugust 28, 2018
Diversicare will be a great place to work, if there were some major changes. I've been an employee there for over a decade. I've seen numerous changes over the years, but none those changes was for the better. Even now there need to be some changes to have a better place to work. Recognition is the key word for this facility and communication is another one also. These are areas that need to be worked on and addressed. I just pray one day that it will get better for all of us ( employees) and our residents as well.
Pros
No comments
Cons
Underpaid and overworked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversicare Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6