Diversicare Health Care Employee Reviews

Love my residents
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boaz, ALJuly 11, 2018
This place feels like a family. I love my residents and genuinely care about their well being. I feel like the management cares about me and wants me to be the best RN I can be,
They say they will work with you, they’ll say that to get you in the door.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJuly 3, 2018
Poorly paid for experience, won’t work with scheduling needs. Understaffed was an understatement. Very surprised state hasn’t shut them down in all the states they have facilities in. Over priced health insurance, and don’t give time off. Why have earned vacation if you can’t use it???
Stay far away!!!!
Pros
Cons
Tons
Work In Progress
Administrative Secretary/HR/AP/Payroll (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 3, 2018
Great place to work, friendly staff. Benefits are decent. It is hard to find a good paying job in this area. There are a lot of Government facilities around here that make up most of the work force.
Cons
Stress, long hours, low raises.
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNJuly 2, 2018
Very rude to new employees. Management doesn't pay enough attention to them and let the old employees be rude and run people away from working there. The old employees are over worked and inappropriate for what they do. That's why they are rude. They need all new management that has never worked there and is not related to each other.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Management and old employees and pay
RUN far and fast away from this company
Nursing Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 23, 2018
Management is top heavy, poorly trained and does not care for staff. Any management that tries to change things is run off. They demand you do the work that requires 60+ hours per week but never actually clock more than 37.5 per week. Their demands of floor staff are as disrespectful as they are of supervisors and middle management, perhaps moreso. And complaints of poor practices are ignored to the very top of the company if you can even find a chain of command and figure out who to complain to.
Pros
There is health benefits. They are terribly but they exist
Cons
That they are not shut down by the state in every location they run
Diversicare
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2018
Working As A Dietary Aide I Loved My Job Loved Working With People And Elderly People If I Could Go Back I Would Never A Dull Moment At The Unit My manager Was GREAT!!!!
it's a funwork place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJune 19, 2018
It's a great place to work the people there loving and kind and appreciative once you go there you never want to go to another nursing home and you would love to put your your loved ones in there they take care of them they believe in teamwork the help there's great the employees there's great friendly people great place to be but never want to leave it food there's awesome as well the co-workers they are the long is finny atmosphere administrators there are friendly people respectful very understanding can relate to any and everything you're going through I just they just keep you wanted to come back stay there with them the company is good
Big work family
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 18, 2018
I love it here everyone is a big family. Some days we are understaffed and pay could be a little higher but overall great place to work. Don is very nice and firm with making sure everything is done nurses are great and I love my coworkers
Pros
Laid back and friendly
Cons
Sometimes understaffed could have better pay
fun but yet great place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, KYJune 8, 2018
the care that is given here is amazing the staff down to the kitchen staff is very friendly. I love working here and really don't want to leave. The nurses take each patient seriously and provide excellent care the best I have seen we are a 5 star facility for a reason. The CNA's are excellent and very gentle when it comes to giving care to patient. The hardest part of the job is when someone passes away that you have grown close to. Over all its just an excellent place to work for I would recommend any one to Diversicare of Greenville.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
N/a
productive and loving up pace work area
Student Clinicals (Former Employee) –  Greenville, KYJune 7, 2018
I had a great experience actually learning and performing my skills on a person rather than a fake doll. The staff where respectful and I think its a overall great place.
Is there a negative star??
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 5, 2018
Stressful. Mentally, emotionally, physically. Vacation and sick you can never take because you have no backup. Poor training for high responsibility positions. No accountability for staff not meeting expectations....

Reward to mediocrity.

Can you say PIPE DREAM
Stressful place to work.
REGIONAL VICE-PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Lockhart, TXJune 4, 2018
I was the Regional VP over 9 facilities, one of which I use to own. I worked with really good people but the company had a rather poor reputation. The facilities were very old and out dated.
Enjoying the people I worked with
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNMay 29, 2018
Overall, I loved going to work. I enjoyed the people and the residents were so loving and caring. I typically worked on the dementia unit which I loved!!!
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Basically no breaks for non-smokers
Provided exceptional care for residents.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Greenville, KYMay 21, 2018
Amazing environment to work in, teamwork was wonderful. Everyone there puts the residents needs first. I would recommend anyone, especially a new CNA to start there and learn the ropes. The workers have many years of experience and are very helpful.
Nurses are treated like dirt . Management nurses almost never come out of offices to help no matter how short staffed.
Charge RN (Former Employee) –  KYMay 7, 2018
There is no nursing management on call to cover the floor when short staffed. First facility I have ever worked in with no nursing call. Nurses treated like factory workers.
nice starter place to work,if you are wanting to further your career
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Claiborne County, TNMay 5, 2018
a typical day is short staffed most of the time, have learned a great deal about my profession and my future profession. The hardest part of the job is not being fully respected by higher up employees!
Not a positive experience
Patient Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 28, 2018
Not a positive experience. Bad management of personnel, patients and property, Over managed by outside corporate staff never seen or heard from until a decision is made that somehow affects everyone, A bad surprise every week.
This is an awful company to work for, RUN!!!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  MississippiApril 25, 2018
I worked here for a couple years. Everyday I walked in you never knew what type of mood people were in. I could go all day without anyone speaking to me. The upper management sucks and pours all their work off on others, and good luck getting in touch with corporate and them solving anything in a timely manner. The place smells horrible. you can smell it before you walk thru the doors. I will say the day CNAs are great but they are all underpaid for what they do. Therapy never gets a raise. Once you sign the contract on pay, that's what you get. The insurance and benefits are over priced and they don't pay well. All the patients are rugged Ultra even if they cant sit up. its all about those minutes. You have to get the minutes or you're in trouble. Also you work on production just like a factory. you Have to be with your patient 90 percent of your time, so that means not many bathroom breaks and constantly rushing to meet your production and believe me, you will be called in the office and questioned about the minutes you were not with a patient. Better keep a record of your time. You must punch out when you are done because a ticking clock means your production is lowering. No overtime ever. Barely work 20 hours some weeks. Its hard to live this way. Barely making ends meet. I would seriously reconsider this job and upper management will lie and make things sound so good. Just beware.
Pros
I liked some of the people there.
Cons
I felt so sorry for the patients
excellent workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Tazewell, TNApril 9, 2018
You are more than an employee you are part of a family here. The staff is exceptional and the workplace is clean and safe. The administration listens and takes opinions
Great place to work.
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arab, ALMarch 15, 2018
I really liked the people I worked with. Also you get to socialize with the elderly which can be a great thing especially when they tell you stories of long ago forgotten

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversicare Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8