Diversicare Health Care Employee Reviews

Poor management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSDecember 28, 2018
If you are looking for a workplace that treats its employees fairly, this is not the place to work. The management is poorly prepared to run the place, rules are made up as you go.. You will never be sure of job security as you never know when your license are at stake. Poor communication between staff, a lot of nurses leaving because of magagement not the job itself. The hard workers are expected to do more while the slackers keep slacking. Overall this place needs new management to get itself together before state comes in and shuts it down, which it’s surprising they haven’t already.
Pros
Residents and co-workers
Cons
Management, expensive benefits, LPNs work 12hours while everyone else works 8
This company has high turnover due to micromanagement
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sedgwick, KSDecember 1, 2018
This is a typical Skilled Nursing Facility with rehab services and many facilities in the region. The management is productivity and money focused (not patient centered as proclaimed), micromanaging every detail. The work environment is stressful with little collaboration between the disciplines. Employees are treated as disposable, not as valued members of a team.
Workplace is challeging on one end then joyous on the other end
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 21, 2018
A typical work day is making sure the residence are provide with the proper care possible. This includes feeding breakfast and lunch, changing the residence when needed, activities provided for entertainment, and etc.
Pros
Taking care of the residence brings me joy
Cons
Short staffed at times which causes improper care of the residence
Poor place to work poor for the residents
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 10, 2018
Poor managment always new managment and rules change with each one . They don’t give you your time off and at your yearly employment they take the time from you denying your vacation. Will not give any raises and when and if they did it was .12. The care is very poor building is in poor shape. Not a good place to work and never put your loved ones in the the facilities in saint Joseph mo
demeaning, unfair, unethical work place
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 17, 2018
This is place NEVER has enough staff to take care of the patients. Administrator doesn't care about how low staff is in that building. It needs to be SHUT DOWN!!! THERE IS NO COMMUNICATION WITHIN THE WORKPLACE. The CNA to patient ratio is off the charts--1 CNA to 30 patients at once. The nurses wont help. Its every man for himself like a democracy!!! Its sad that they have patients living there in those conditions!!

DO NOT APPLY TO THIS JOB!!!
Wasn't the best nursing home
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, ALOctober 31, 2018
I loved the residents and this job broke my heart to see what they had to deal with. It was filthy,very poor houskeeping practices.i cleaned the rooms better myselfthan house keeping did. The laundry was aweful. The food was poorly prepared. The staff was rude and they were way understaffed. No team work.
Pros
Kept Certification active
Cons
Bad working atmosphere
the hardest part of the job
Certified Nurse Aid (Current Employee) –  Greenville, KYNovember 19, 2018
the hardest part of the job is when you work by yourself taking care of any where from 30 patients to 80 patients due to call ins and your left by your self. There are times the nurse can help and does but she has a lot to do as well depending on the shift. Its the residents that I am there for and its hard when you are challenged by being understaffed.
Worst Place to work ever
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 28, 2018
Do not work here the work load is awful I was there a week had 18-22 patients a night because I am a male they put me on the hardest floor in the building. The care the patients get here is a joke pay is awful tried to work out a notice but they were soundes like witches about me leaving so I never went back. But I pity the patients here and the ones who stay trust me you can do better than here. Management is a joke as well.
Housekeeping/laundry
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lanett, ALSeptember 25, 2018
I started off in housekeeping and I was trained properly. I like housekeeping but it got really messy some days. I was moved to 1st shift laundry and that is where I was for years. I enjoyed that job!! Sometimes clothes got missed places but where found eventually. It was stressful when the family got upset about their mother or father belonging missing but was soon resolved. Later down the line the hours were cut and it was kinda difficult to get everything done like you wanted.
Pros
Layed back once you got your own way to work
Cons
Not enough pay or hours
Poor everything
CNA (Former Employee) –  Mobile ALSeptember 26, 2018
Awful place to work. Staff doesn't help each other if you're not in their clique, the nurses do not accept a report of abuse and are abusive to patients. The care for residents is the poorest I've ever see and I've been doing this work for well over a decade. The pay is a joke, period! The equipment is broken, the residents rooms are filthy, people don't answer call lights making it horrible for a REAL CNA that came to take care of people. There is nothing to do your job with i.e, briefs, soap, shampoo, most of the bathrooms I'm the rooms have broken soap dispensers, no hand sanitizer for staff, no sinks avaible for staff to wash esxept in residents bathrooms, which are disgusting. No one cares. Period. Not the D. O. N, not the nurses, not the management staff, CNAs no one.
Wouldn’t recommend
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSSeptember 20, 2018
I worked at this facility for over 6 months. You have to fight for your money with the payroll lady and then you still won’t get all of it. I loved this job when I first started but there is so much responsibility laid on the 3-11 shift and everything is your fault no matter what you did to try to take control of a situation we had several people pass away and we were blamed for it saying we killed them. The residents are amazing I loved them but the politics and the coworkers are what makes this job difficult.
Cons
forced to take lunch breaks, reprimanded for unavoidable overtime, not enough hours in a day to complete all tasks
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) Hoover, Al.
LPN Charge Nurse (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALNovember 5, 2018
Diversicare Healthcare would have been a good place to work if management had not been so prejudice, unfair, lazy and truly dumb. If you were a good nurse and showed concern for the residents, then you were their enemy. They allowed the CNA staff to do what they wanted to, which was not to provide care to the residents. Golden Living Healthcare may have been a better company but Diversicare's concern is only to make a dollar, not to care for the elderly. I hope they have cleaned house and have hired some people that truly care about the elderly and want to make there last days as happy and comfortable as possible. People don't forget if we continue to live, it is possible that we may be in that position some day. Do you want to be mistreated?
Pros
Providing professional care to the residents, pay scale
Cons
Poor management, some lazy CNA's and Nurses
Worst facility and horrible upper management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 7, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE!! This has been the worst job I have ever had. Upper management only cares about money and themselves. They will lie and lie about anything and everything. The patient to tech load is way to heavy. They can never keep staff. The building is nasty and falling appart. Very few employees actually care about their job and the residents. Overall it is a terrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Pay, management, staff, cleanliness
Overworked and underpaid
STNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHDecember 15, 2018
I've been working here at Diversicare for over a month and the experience is horrible. The aides and nurses who show up to work are underpaid and overworked. Too many call offs, no call no shows, late arrivals too count which makes it hard for the ones who actually come to work. There is no team work, it's pretty much everyone is out for themselves. Too much drama, gossiping and backstabbing going on this place that patient care is overlooked. Since the past month, two nurses and three aides have walked off the job, so that says a lot about the place. The administrator seems to be clueless to the problems and instead focuses on the computer system. The training is poor and non existent and just trying to get someone to help you is impossible. It seems like all nursing home staff is immature and off balance.
Pros
Bonus pay for picking up the weekend, the residents
Cons
Call offs, no call no shows, non existent teamwork
Need a lot of changes!!!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amory, MsAugust 28, 2018
Diversicare will be a great place to work, if there were some major changes. I've been an employee there for over a decade. I've seen numerous changes over the years, but none those changes was for the better. Even now there need to be some changes to have a better place to work. Recognition is the key word for this facility and communication is another one also. These are areas that need to be worked on and addressed. I just pray one day that it will get better for all of us ( employees) and our residents as well.
Pros
No comments
Cons
Underpaid and overworked.
Business office (Current Employee) –  Diversicare of St JosephNovember 16, 2018
I work in management we do team building. We strive to always put our residents first.
We live by our motto “ to improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations “.
Come work with us at Diversicare of St Joseph.
Pros
Flexible hours, good team
Cons
7 days a week 24 hours a day care.
Great pay but the benefits stop there
Director of Nursing Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 7, 2018
Zero work/life balance. The company will take everything you have to give and then expect more. There is no support or encouragement from upper management. Major decisions are made by non-clinical entities solely based on money without thought to the outcome for the patients.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
One of the worst places
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2018
Diversicare at lake highlands is the worst, it's dirty and nasty. The roaches are bigger than the patients. Spiders crawling in the beds with the patients. They continue to have scabies and lice,cuz they don't know how to treat accurately. The wound care nurse has no clue what she is doing, everything she does get worse or amputated off. The nurses are lazy and won't help out and barely do their jobs. Management is a straight up joke. There is no follow up when it comes to regulations and rules. They are always understaffed. I wouldn't recommend anyone work there. And I surely wouldn't recommend anyone to take a patient there, I wouldn't even take my dog there.
Pros
The pay is pretty good
Cons
Everything else
poor/good
CNA (Current Employee) –  Claiborne County, TNOctober 14, 2018
I can't say that residents are ever the problem its lack of management rather poor quality. A DON should not always say I'll take care of that an the show no progress of handling it. Insurance benefits are the biggest problem throughout the whole company under paid but over priced insurance that covers nothing hardly without a hefty fee before hand. I have never expected to be rich in the medical field but expected I could provide for a family an make ends meet but barely making even the nursing staff struggles an they work long hours as well. This companies CEOs must not know how to live in a poor county or society maybe they should try it out. I lets not forget favoritism an hiring family members to work together or making up positions so your friend can work with you an making money on company time without the work. I'm sorry this all company complaints not residents they are a pleasure.
Pros
Residents
Cons
over corporation poor management
Diversicare could be a better place to work.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJuly 25, 2018
I really enjoyed my first year and a half with Diversicare. What I did not like about Diversicare is the big turn over in upper management. When ever we got a new DON or Administrator all the rules and regulations changed. I think a company should stand on their mission statement regardless of the turn over rate. Upper management are no being held accountable for their actions.
Pros
I learned a lot.
Cons
No accountability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversicare Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7