Diversicare Health Care Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arab, ALMarch 15, 2018
I really liked the people I worked with. Also you get to socialize with the elderly which can be a great thing especially when they tell you stories of long ago forgotten
love my job
cna/medical records (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXMarch 7, 2018
I like to work there. I love the ppl I work for they are truly a blessing. they are caring helpful and willing to jump on the floor and help out when needed
no where to go
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMarch 5, 2018
not the Best environment for advancement, lack of communication. older buildings that are hard to sale and upper management thinks that you should be able to without making any changes or an new appeals to the consumer.
Work
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 21, 2018
The building is an old building but everyone there is like a family. Everyone works together as a team to better the stay for the residents. At the end of the day its all about the residents.
Diversicare is like a family and good work pace for new nurse!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Dover, TNFebruary 21, 2018
It’s a major company to work for, which means you still get the benefits like a hospital. I’m not sure about tuition reimbursement however. Medications and breathing treatments, Foley care and incontinent care, instructing and teaching assistants and new employees, calling physicians in case of acute condition, computer charting each shift, controlled substances, and mental health treatment are the job functions at location in Dover, TN.
Pros
Catered employee meals, great compensation, flexible management, professional and friendly staff
Cons
Had to relocate, 6p-6a shift only, Inappropriate management
Was a good job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ALJanuary 13, 2018
They promised advancement to full-time
I was an excellent employee and was never late
After the holidays they laid me off.
No hope in advancement as a prn at this company.
Not a good place to work, very poor and petty management, hrs decrease if you are not liked
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ripley, MSJanuary 9, 2018
Poor and petty management, decrease work hours if you are not liked, taunting and ridicule from administration and supervisors, poor staffing of cna's
Horrible management
Nurse (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 8, 2018
Always short staffed. Lack of supplies terrible meals poor patient care always conflict with staff. When reported to management nothing is done. Staff feels they don’t matter
Pros
Cons
Many
Great Team members, Corporate support
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 5, 2018
I loved my job at Diversicare. My corporate support person was/is phenomenal. Every facility has its weak points. But every single team member was dedicated to the residents and their needs. I’m going to miss my Diversicare family.
Pros
Corporate/Management support
Cons
Lower than average pay rate
Terrible place to work.
Cook dishwasher (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOJanuary 2, 2018
Arguably one of the worst jobs I've ever had. The staff was rude, no room for advancement, and I worked there for a year and didn't receive a raise. The only decent part of the job was paid time off,up to date shots, good health care.
Pros
Good benefits
A good place to work
Receptiontist/Payroll/A.P/Central Supply (Current Employee) –  Boaz, ALJanuary 1, 2018
very fast pace work force, love it. fun and a happy place. family, home life. Very nice and hard working employees. We love are residents and they love us.
Fun and well taken care of
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Council Grove, KSDecember 30, 2017
Good with the residents and kept everything clean. Always name it fun to go to work every day. I was good to get to talk to all the people who worked their and getting to know the residents.
Terrible
No comment (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNDecember 28, 2017
Short staffed always. CNAs and nurses all underpaid and way overworked. 1% pay raise yearly is a joke. Never appreciated. Management changes way to much only care about themselves. Corporate is a joke. They would rather continue to pay terrible employees than give hard working ones a raise. Every where around pays more. Rules changing all the time. Nothing consistent. Some staff get by with whatever and others are reprimanded for same thing others do. Basically if you kiss butt you will get what you want. CNAs get no help from other CNAs or nurses minus a few that will help. Turnover is insane.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything from management to pay to staff
productive a learning experience
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 21, 2017
The residents is what I enjoyed about this job, it was a good learning experience for me, and staff easy to talk to about your concerns. The work load is demanding at times just learned to multitask and what was important put first for the day.
Run Away from this place !
LPN (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 19, 2017
The staff are unprofessional at Diversicare, you never have the supplies you need to get your job done. People talk about each other, they have bugs,(roaches) the kitchen staff steal food leaving none for the residents and they pay good money to stay there at that facility. None of the nurses help the CNA’s with the exception of two Nurses. Overall bad place to work especially with some of the nurses stealing medication. That’s what happens when there are no cameras in the entire building!
Pros
Free life insurance
Cons
They care about money, not residents or staff
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MODecember 15, 2017
For the Holidays this multi-billion dollar company gives us $12.00.
They have high deductible insurance, it is the worst insurance benefit I have had.
They focus on the wrong issues, causing extra work for staff, instead of looking at true issues, ie: staff/Resident ratio, supplies, changing the computer system, resident rights.
They have the worst computer system voted in the US.
They feel if it looks good on paper then it is good. They do not show interest in hands on resident care.
They are not consistent toward all employees.
CNA staff is over worked, under payed, and expected to work miracles!
It is by far...the worst company I have worked for as a Nurse in 17 years.
I have NEVER met anyone from the actual Diversicare corporate and have worked in my facility for 9 years, 3 of which has been owned by Diversicare.
Pros
Charge Nurse
Cons
See above
Friendly and energetic atmosphere.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ripley, MSDecember 13, 2017
Working with the staff was manageable and working along side of staff was inspiring. Being able to see the difference we made as a team everyday was satisfaction itself.
It's okay until you can be thrown under the bus
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Liberty, KYDecember 6, 2017
Great company to work for until they need to throw you under the bus. Management will yell at workers in front of patients and patient families. Force to work 16 hours a day if someone called off.
Pros
Set schedule
Poor management
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXNovember 29, 2017
Very poor management and turn over rate is very high. There is constantly new staff and new office people. There has also been many allegations of discrimation. If you don’t have to go to work here I wouldn’t.
Cons
Dishonest, not trust worthy, nurse patient ratio
AD (Current Employee) –  Heartland Region, MoNovember 23, 2017
Really good Team Members that work very hard. Team Leaders work well as team. If I could ask for change, I would recommend better pay scale (flipping hamburgers pays more). Would have and have recommend family and friends to this Center.
Pros
Good team work, everyone wears a smile
Cons
Pay scale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversicare Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7