Diversified Maintenance Employee Reviews for Custodian

Company sucks!
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ct killinglyMay 10, 2019
BEWARE! The company. Screwed me out of my vacation rime the least they would've done was pay me that for my 6 yrs of service. Would nevwr recommended aynyone. Thank you
The experience was very educational
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 19, 2019
I learned a lot about cleaning and maintaining offices bathrooms and running scrubbers I also learned the ins and outs of stripping and waxing floors in different buildings.
No hours , sucky pay
Custodial Porter (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILApril 4, 2019
I only work 3 hours a day 16 hours a week , so many communication issues , management are rude . I may enough money to make it to work and back until my next pay .
Gas fare paycheck
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 28, 2019
Given that Alabama lawmakers and other political figures always preach about montgomery breaking grounds on bringing in more money to the city and this and that why hasnt mininum wage gone up at all it is greatly needed EVERYBODY ELSE GOT A RAISE BUT NOT THE REGULAR WORKING CITIZEN
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Pay not equal to work
Great place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMarch 21, 2019
This company was great to work for. Management was great, the work was extremely easy and you could work as many hours as you’d like. Pay was fairly decent.
Not enough hours or pay
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 16, 2019
You start work at 5:30 am to 10 or 10:30 am
best part of the job was i could shop before i left to get home.
management only talks to you when they see you face to face,
you ask for equipment and you dont receive what you need for months.
Boss lies on daily basis. Never does.what he says he is going to do.
Custodian Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 26, 2019
I did get a 2 dollar raise within two months and promotion to supervisor. Also like working.extra hours as I please. Good people to work with. Enjoyed job. Better starting wage for custodian of anywhere in town.
Pros
Quick advancemsnt. Good wages
Cons
Unreliable boss. Lots of drama
Relexing and very stress free
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEDecember 23, 2018
I was a great job but since i was new i got laid off the job was great i did not have to rush to get things done in time i had a max hours i could work a day and a list of things that had to be done
Very busy .
Supervisor Custodian (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 19, 2018
Is a lot of work just for one employee for those little of hours pay base but if you are experience at the job. this place would be good for training and get familiar with equipment, tolls and anything related to commercial cleaning great place if they pay more per hour and include benefits .
Cons
they don't pay enough per hour. for all that work the you do there .
Productive and focused on cleanliness. Fast paced and simple work. Mostly working alone
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIDecember 2, 2018
The work is simple and not very time consuming. It's just basic janitorial work that's fast paced, but it doesn't pay very well with the low amount of hours and biweekly pay. The manager is great and I've already been through two porters. Not a good job if you have anxiety and OCD and any back or knee problems.
Pros
Break anytime you need
Cons
Poor pay, work alone
They dont care about their employees
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXNovember 18, 2018
Been with them almost 2 years. Ive had 5 different managers. I have to find new employees like im a manager and also train them. Worked 3 months both shifts alone no raise or anything. They expect you to go above and beyond for the low pay work every holiday with no holiday pay. E-mailed Hr numerous times no response. I currently clean Kohls in sherman tx im literally treated like the help. Injured myself they wanted to know how late i would be to work smh
Pros
Non
Cons
The company is unfair to its workers will never recommended as a job to live off of to anybody
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Norcross Honeywell AerospaceOctober 17, 2018
If you're in high school is cool for high school or maybe a college kid but if you trying to live don't work for Diversified Maintenance. I had to go find a better job that paid more money so I can live I quit the supervisor big boss called me want me to come back I go back they promised me a raise their 6 months never got it I mean I'd rather starve than to be messed over it wasn't the people I work with it's the company that I didn't like.
Fun to work
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 30, 2018
Is a very relaxive and good job. You work at your own pace, there is no pressure on the job. My manager was very friendly and good. Diversified Maintenance is a great company to work with.
Company is unorganized and do not care about employees
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PASeptember 19, 2018
My direct supervisor was a great person and tried his best to pick up the mess the prior supervisor left. He always tried to make sure I was happy, but the Diversified Maintenance company is a joke. They don't respond to any problems on the job. I dealt with harassment from the first supervisor and the other employee at my store. I reported it and reported it. It took them over a year to replace him and give me some peace of mind. They make you wait for the supplies you need and expect you to go above and beyond. The company is an unorganized mess.
Pros
Location, pay rate, hours
Cons
Everything else
It,s ok
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 30, 2018
Work alone fast pace for 5 hrs a day no benefits work 7 days a week sometimes frustrating can't always reach manager when problems arrive
September 2, 2018

Your comments are appreciated. Please contact us directly in confidence so we can get details.

Lack of management, communication,supplies and equipment maintainence
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIAugust 9, 2018
The store and it's employees that we cleaned for were great to be around everyday, it was Diversified Maintenance that lacked any communication regarding supplies and equipment to perform the job. I was the one remaining employee after the others quit and was expected to work both shifts 7 days a week.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
no benifits no communication
August 20, 2018

Thank for for your comments. Communication with field employees is difficult due to the number of employees we have, the hours they work and geographic spread. However, despite these barriers, we are exploring ways to improve how we interact with our employees.

Diversified offers medical benefits and paid vacation to all of our full-time employees.

Employees are encouraged to contact us via telephone or email anytime to voice their concerns or to ask questions.

Alot of favoritism
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 2, 2018
I started getting 3 hour weeks because the supervisors friend needed a job and basically replaced me. He started training and the next week I was never called for more hours or to come back in.
August 3, 2018

We apologize that your experience with Diversified wasn't what you expected. We do not condone favoritism such as you describe, and will vigorously investigate any complaints that our employees bring to our attention.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Enjoy staying busy and being happy with the final result
Custodial (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 25, 2018
Being able to take pride when the work is finished. Enjoy staying busy and knowing when the tasks are completed people will be pleased with the end result.
July 31, 2018

Thank you for your comments. It's very satisfying when you realize how the work you do helps create an environment for our customers that promotes safety, wellness and productivity. Your contributions are greatly appreciated!

hard work physical
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Manuta NJJune 17, 2018
often u had to work fast to get all chores done. Night shift followed the day shift and if the person before u didnt do a good job u had to do their work and yours too
Pros
work independently at own pace
Cons
irregular schedule switching days to nights and back again
Extremely unprofessional
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2018
Ive been at Diversified for about a month and it has been horrible from the start. Ive only met a member of management one time. When he came to my work site to give me one work shirt. Which was a size smaller than i asked. I literally talked to the manager over the phone and was given a job in 2 days. Which i knew was a bad sign. I hear they have high turnover and is likely because this company does little to no vetting of its potential employees. My manager literally calls me several times a day to complain about (something) also to randomly and at last minute tell me to wrk at a certain location. I've been off 1 day in a month. I work two seperate stores per day to make close to full-time hours which takes a huge toll on my car gas. Coworkers are horrible and will lie on you if there is a compliant. Was promised id train on floor equipment, but i guess my white co-workers who were there before me feels that the only thing im good for is cleaning bathrooms, moping floors, dust moping and cleaning windows. Since ive been there i guess they all have colluded to ensure that i take on the burden of the much harder task. I could seriously go on and on about this companies inability to display professionalism. This has been a bad experience for me and honestly intent to leave this company and try to erase this awful experience from my memory bank. Actually might be a cool first time job for high schooler looking for summer work. And that's about it.
Pros
Work independently at some locations
Cons
Management, scheduling, some co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversified Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversified Maintenance Reviews by Location