Diversified Maintenance Employee Reviews for Janitor

Worst place
Lead/Janitor (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 7, 2019
Worst place to work for i been with the company for almost 2 years i havent got any raises or vaccation i recommend 2 people to work for them i didnt get my bonus like they said the company was offering , i work 29 hours weekly is a rough job for a woman as to passing alot of different heavy machines.
Fun work place
Janitoral Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 24, 2018
A typical day on this job was traveling to each of my accounts to do inspections,going on emergency calls. meeting with facility managers

I learned a lot from this company, pay roll, handling work orders,
interviewing, training, ordering supplys, correcting time, and much much more.

Was a great atmosphere at this job.

the hardest part of this job was the long hours of traveling

I liked everything about this job.
Not
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 26, 2018
No es buen trabajo cundo yo estaba ai nos trataban mui mal a todos no pagan y sinpre a vía un problema cundo no nos mandaban mui lejos a otras tiendas
Excellent 2nd Job or Part-time Employment
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Jonesborough/Johnson City, TNOctober 25, 2018
Autonomous- you are allowed freedom to work the after-hour cleaning jobs on your own time. Flexible with schedule changes. Love my manager's attitude and willingness to help when needed. My favorite part about this job is the ability to work alone and when it fits into my schedule. I work a full-time job with customers and co-workers all day and it's so nice to be able to supplement my income through working with DM alone and on my own schedule. I go clean by myself, when I feel like it (between the closing hours and before midnight) and do what needs to be done, then I leave. I throw in some headphones, listen to podcasts, think about my day, de-stress and get the job done. I love it! This is the best part-time job I've ever had!
Pros
Autonomous work environment, working alone, flexibility of hours
Cons
Drive time is unpaid, helping co-workers who have jobs located a distance away
good working job
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 15, 2018
good job to have for part time fun to learn the environment is a good place to work not far away from home the coworkers are easy to get along with!!!
Awesome company.. just needs better management.
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 4, 2018
I loved the job but it was the people who after awhile made it hard for me to work with... Better management would make the company or the job alot better and easier.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Health Care is too expensive
September 24, 2018

We are always striving to improve the performance of managers in the field. In fact, just last week we announced a new online training initiative called TEAMS that is designed to help managers perform their jobs better. It supplements a classroom style training program called LEAPS that was instituted about 18 months ago. We also recently launched a mentoring program for newly-hired field managers to provide help and support during their first few weeks on the job.

Thanks for the points you make on paid lunches and healthcare. Since the majority of employees are part time, lunch breaks are typically not necessary. However, associates are encouraged to contact their Human Resources department is they believe they should be receiving paid lunch breaks.

There's not much to say about healthcare costs. All of us are impacted by the out-of-control escalation in medical expense. You should contact your local elected representative to voice your concerns in this area.

Good luck to you in the future.

fast paced
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 19, 2018
Fast paced janitorial service that duties include: Sweeping,Moping rest room sanitation,dusting,stripping and waxing floors,garbage disposal,window cleaning and keeping necessary areas stocked with essential for the location
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
15 minute breaks every few hours
August 27, 2018

We appreciate your comment. Providing janitorial services is more complicated and involved than most people think. Some of it, such as floor maintenance, is highly technical.

The most important element, however, is our associates, such as you, who actually do the work that makes us a success. Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

nice work place good people
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 18, 2018
I enjoy the cleaning business it easy as long as you understand what is expected for you. It is a easy worm at your own pace type of job. I enjoyed working with them just wish the pay was better.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
pay hours
August 20, 2018

We appreciate your comments. There must be a great deal of satisfaction in knowing that your efforts help make the places where our clients' employees work and their guests visit more pleasurable and productive. Thank you.

Pay and hours are driven by the economics of the labor market, the type of work we do and the stiff competition within in our industry.

I work hard
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 27, 2018
I work hard and. I get in trouble for things I don’t even know what I did wrong we get cursed at and. They think there better then us and our boss don’t care how we feel. Or. What we think. It’s to stressful when. U work hard and no one cares
July 31, 2018

It's unfortunate your experience has not lived up to your expectations. The behaviors you mention are unacceptable to violate company policy. You are encouraged to voice your concerns to your supervisor's manager, or directly to Human Resources without fear of retaliation.

Lack of pay
Housekeeper/ Janitor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2018
The work is not bad . The only problem is you only to paid $8 an hours and it’s part time. It’s bad when you have responsiblitites and you have to basically live pay check to pay check
Pros
Time
Cons
No benefits, short checks
July 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We understand how difficult it can be living paycheck-to-paycheck. The reality of our industry is that it is mostly part-time; most of our employees have full-time jobs elsewhere and work part-time for extra spending money. The wages we pay are based on the work and the labor market. We constantly evaluate pay rates and adjust where we can.

We appreciate all the hard work you do for our customers. You really make a difference.

Nice manager
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALJuly 18, 2018
Its hard to have a life at times. People didn't want to work so you have ot pitch in at other stores and other areas. It may be an hour away. Over night work was fine you get to do your job and go home. No one standing around making you feel uneasy about your job
July 31, 2018

Your comments are so true. Life is what you make it. We want our employees to work diligently and to be satisfied with the clean and healthy environments they help to create. Thank you for the service you brought to Diversified, and if the opportunity arises for you to come back to the team, please don't hesitate.

Part time work with no benefits and low pay
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 8, 2018
Quick paced environment, manager is not very good, keeps people around that do not do work properly, and do not even show up half the time. Slow to get new stock in
August 7, 2018

We are constantly working to upgrade the capabilities of our managers. New managers are mentored by one of our Employee Relations Managers, they participate in a 30-day orientation program, and are enrolled in an ongoing online training program throughout their first year of employment. Unfortunately, sometimes our efforts don't have the impact on our managers we would like.

All of our employees are invited to contact us using one of our confidential hotline numbers if they have concerns. Thanks.

Very productive and very fun to work at.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJuly 5, 2018
The people were caring & very helpful. I was taught how do do a lot of different things over time. The pay was the best that I've ever had. I would recommend this company to anyone.
August 7, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We try to provide the best employment experience we can for all of our colleagues in the field.

The job was fast paced but slowed down towards the end of the day.
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PAMay 19, 2018
The work at Diversified Maintenance was fairly enjoyable. It was fast paced but easy work. The hardest part was that I felt extremely unaccepted by the employees of the company that contracted Diversified Maintenance. I would say, "Good Morning" and I was ridiculed for it. I felt greatly hated for some reason.
Pros
The job was easy.
Cons
Dealing with Employees.
Marion
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHApril 10, 2018
place really sucks they caint keep help at all as you can see they have poor reviews as it is management dont know a thing nor wants to proper train no safety rules at all no job descrption just do as they say and cover your butt so to speak . i wouldnt send a border crosser to this place for a $ @ hour thats how bad it sucks
Pros
get lunch break
Cons
you work til done then you take lunch
Great company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 9, 2018
diversified maintenance is a good company with great ethics. The janitor position is good for someone who like to manage their time and work. A cleaning schedule is posted and how you go about doing the cleaning is your choice as long as it is done in the time indicated. the co workers all have good communication. i didn't receive any benefits in my time with the company.
Pros
Self paced, you manage your time and work
Cons
i didnt receive benefits
A nice and fun workplace.
Housekeeper---Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 6, 2018
My day began at 5:30 am. Home Depot is a large building so at first I walk around and observe the building to see what I want to accomplish first. I basically liked to pick up debris, and trash before using the scrubber machine to clean the floors. Each day I used a schedule to clean each department floors. The next job was cleaning the bathrooms, dining and training rooms. I liked the job being that it was a fast paced, comfortable, and working with a very nice crew there.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Very cold Outside in Wintermonths
very chill job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMarch 13, 2018
This job is very chill and you work at your own pace as long as you get your tasks done in the hours you are supposed to work that day. There are no supervisors standing over you they come by check up on you bring supplies that you may need and if there are additional tasks they need they will let you know or leave a list.One of the best jobs I have had. Now, of course, its custodial work so cleaning floors and restrooms are part of the job but for me, it was a great job.
Pros
little supervision, casual atmosphere
Cons
Good
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2018
I love working with this company they no how to make you feel like family that always understand and try to help you get all the hours you want and the place they send you to work you will just love it not to hard but just right
The hardest part of the job
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 12, 2018
The hardest part of the job is making sure that you get all the work finished in the time frame. Which is really easy, some of the work is extremely basic fundamentals of cleaning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversified Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversified Maintenance Reviews by Location