Diversified Maintenance Employee Reviews

Don't work here
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport msOctober 25, 2018
They don't train you. You are a number not a person. I would not suggest working here. They expect a perfect job for minimum wage for cleaners. This place sucks.
Pros
Flexible
Excellent 2nd Job or Part-time Employment
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Jonesborough/Johnson City, TNOctober 25, 2018
Autonomous- you are allowed freedom to work the after-hour cleaning jobs on your own time. Flexible with schedule changes. Love my manager's attitude and willingness to help when needed. My favorite part about this job is the ability to work alone and when it fits into my schedule. I work a full-time job with customers and co-workers all day and it's so nice to be able to supplement my income through working with DM alone and on my own schedule. I go clean by myself, when I feel like it (between the closing hours and before midnight) and do what needs to be done, then I leave. I throw in some headphones, listen to podcasts, think about my day, de-stress and get the job done. I love it! This is the best part-time job I've ever had!
Pros
Autonomous work environment, working alone, flexibility of hours
Cons
Drive time is unpaid, helping co-workers who have jobs located a distance away
Fun and tiredsome
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 19, 2018
Its an easy job and not as stressful. But the only stressful thing about this job was when your co workers before u worked that day. It was all kinds of things not done and they had 8 hours to complete their work we only had 4 to cram in their work they didnt finish or attempt to do and finish our daily task as well.
Pros
Easy laid back job
Cons
U had to work monday thru sunday
The company is unfair to its workers will never recommended as a job to live off of to anybody
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Norcross Honeywell AerospaceOctober 17, 2018
If you're in high school is cool for high school or maybe a college kid but if you trying to live don't work for Diversified Maintenance. I had to go find a better job that paid more money so I can live I quit the supervisor big boss called me want me to come back I go back they promised me a raise their 6 months never got it I mean I'd rather starve than to be messed over it wasn't the people I work with it's the company that I didn't like.
job is good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2018
35 employee, working 2 shift, good culture, good manager. salary is good, work every holiday, no lunch , no break, sometime work night. pay the employee, fixe the hours, call everyday safe meeting
Great for part time, temporary work
Lead Cleaner (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 3, 2018
If you're a normal custodian, not a lead, you never know what your day might look like. Your schedule changes frequently, and depending on the area, you might clean multiple stores a day. Very fast-paced, and you must be responsible enough to manage your tasks and time well without a lot of direct supervision. Typical hours are very early morning or late evening, so it does give you balance if you have other things going on in life. Most employees are flaky and call off frequently, so if you're good, you'll be called upon relentlessly to cover shifts. Even reliable people are sometimes bad at doing the job properly. I was a solid cleaner starting out that grew into a lead cleaner at a permanent store. I love the store so much--the store employees are super great and friendly--that it makes my job a lot easier. Other stores might have rude managers or unrealistic expectations. It really depends on your location. Between the unpredictability of your schedule, the unsavory coworkers, low pay, and non-existent benefits, I would only recommend this for people who want a side/part-time job. It's very difficult to become a manager, and that role is even more challenging, although area managers do get better benefits. You become eligible for health benefits as cleaner after working full-time hours for 1 year. No vision, dental, 401K, PTO. And the healthcare option is extremely expensive--you could probably pay the same amount or less with private insurance. Thousands of dollars for your deductible, plus they take a percentage out of each check. It's only worth it for emergencies. Great  more... overtime hours around the holidays, but no other real perks. As a job it's okay; as a career, you're better off elsewhere.  less
Pros
Flexible schedule, manage your own time, paid breaks, reasonable hours
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, poor employees, no set schedule, hard to advance
Fun to work
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 30, 2018
Is a very relaxive and good job. You work at your own pace, there is no pressure on the job. My manager was very friendly and good. Diversified Maintenance is a great company to work with.
productive
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 26, 2018
easy job and no complaints
peaceful workplace
management nice people easy to get along with
working alone at your own pace was a get experience
lots of responsibility
Very good job to work for
Cleaning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 20, 2018
I would definitely recommend my friends for this job it's a lot of fun the bosses are very humble people it makes you want to go to work for them that's the kind of job I like when you boss just laid back but still knowing how to treat us and being a good manager at the same time. There not laid back as letting us do what we what but very stern in there business but fun and kind. I love working for this company you can also grow with them
Pros
No lunch
Cons
No breaks
September 24, 2018

We appreciate your kind words. We truly believe in the value each of us brings to the company. If not for you and all the other hand-working, dedicated people who get the job done every day, the company would not be successful. We are all in this together. We succeed together or we fail together.

Regarding breaks and lunch, since many of our employees are part time, formal break and lunch times are not necessary. While not addressed by federal law, there are a few States that regulate meal and break times. Employees who believe they may not have been appropriately offered meal and break opportunities should contact their Human Resources hotline.

Good luck wherever your career takes you!

Over all it's not a bad place to work but it's a dead end job
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Courtland town centerSeptember 20, 2018
It's not the type of job with endless possibilities . There is no room for growth . If one wanted to wanted to move forward in life and plan for his future it wouldn't be there . For one there's s no Heath coverage, and you can't get Medicaid because you they say you make too much . And that is something that is needed for American people in this day and time. That's just something that can't be over looked. Two, you have to use ther banking system that charges you every time you use their card there's a fee , and who needs a banking system like that . Over all if you just need a job just to get a started somewhere. It's a place to start but still look for a better job in the process
Pros
They do give free lunch, well Homedept does because that who contracts them
Cons
You can take as much brakes as you want as long as the work gets done
Company is unorganized and do not care about employees
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PASeptember 19, 2018
My direct supervisor was a great person and tried his best to pick up the mess the prior supervisor left. He always tried to make sure I was happy, but the Diversified Maintenance company is a joke. They don't respond to any problems on the job. I dealt with harassment from the first supervisor and the other employee at my store. I reported it and reported it. It took them over a year to replace him and give me some peace of mind. They make you wait for the supplies you need and expect you to go above and beyond. The company is an unorganized mess.
Pros
Location, pay rate, hours
Cons
Everything else
good working job
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 15, 2018
good job to have for part time fun to learn the environment is a good place to work not far away from home the coworkers are easy to get along with!!!
Easy
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYSeptember 9, 2018
You were given a job every day you do your job go home easiest thing to do all you do is clean bathrooms mop floors vacuum floors clean some windows whenever needed
September 24, 2018

Thanks for your comments. We try to make the job as simple as we can. We ask our associates to arrive on time and in proper uniform, to do their work to the best of their ability, and to be respectful to everyone around them. Knowing that you have made the environment clean and safe for our customers and their children is a great reward. You should be proud of the work you do, even if it is easy.

Be safe and be good to others!

Decent work place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Decent work place, but no benefits. Associates are polite and will help you when needed. Work days go by fast when super busy with stocking shelves. Working for this company is good but I want better pay.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
no benefits
Very productive
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 7, 2018
I learn to get alone with co-workers and do my job. And the most enjoyable part of the job is it part time and that I enjoy working with older and younger people.
Es un trabajo estable y existe la posibilidad de seguir ascendiendo que es lo que estoy esperando
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Buena compañía estable provee todo lo necesario para trabajar y te hacen sentir bien como su equipo de trabajo la supervisora directa siempre trata de ayudarte lo más posible
Pros
Estable
Cons
Poco dinero
Awesome company.. just needs better management.
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 4, 2018
I loved the job but it was the people who after awhile made it hard for me to work with... Better management would make the company or the job alot better and easier.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Health Care is too expensive
September 24, 2018

We are always striving to improve the performance of managers in the field. In fact, just last week we announced a new online training initiative called TEAMS that is designed to help managers perform their jobs better. It supplements a classroom style training program called LEAPS that was instituted about 18 months ago. We also recently launched a mentoring program for newly-hired field managers to provide help and support during their first few weeks on the job.

Thanks for the points you make on paid lunches and healthcare. Since the majority of employees are part time, lunch breaks are typically not necessary. However, associates are encouraged to contact their Human Resources department is they believe they should be receiving paid lunch breaks.

There's not much to say about healthcare costs. All of us are impacted by the out-of-control escalation in medical expense. You should contact your local elected representative to voice your concerns in this area.

Good luck to you in the future.

It,s ok
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 30, 2018
Work alone fast pace for 5 hrs a day no benefits work 7 days a week sometimes frustrating can't always reach manager when problems arrive
September 2, 2018

Your comments are appreciated. Please contact us directly in confidence so we can get details.

Great place to work for students
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILAugust 29, 2018
Different managers will make our break your experience. There is a lack of cohesiveness within the company. Other than that; the work is easy once you find your own rhythm.
September 2, 2018

Thank you for your comments. Diversified is great for students because our hours match nicely with their school schedules. Your point about cohesiveness is unfortunately more true than we would like, but we are trying hard to improve our connection with our associates in the field. Good luck to you!

Enjoyed working there
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 21, 2018
I was a supervisor with Diversified Maintenance for well over 10 years. I enjoyed my co workers and supervisors. If an opportunity to work for them again arose I wouldn't hesitate to take it.
August 27, 2018

Thank you for your service. We are always looking for committed supervisors who know the business. The opportunity is available now!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversified Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.