Diversified Maintenance Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working there
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 21, 2018
I was a supervisor with Diversified Maintenance for well over 10 years. I enjoyed my co workers and supervisors. If an opportunity to work for them again arose I wouldn't hesitate to take it.
August 27, 2018

Thank you for your service. We are always looking for committed supervisors who know the business. The opportunity is available now!

fast paced
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 19, 2018
Fast paced janitorial service that duties include: Sweeping,Moping rest room sanitation,dusting,stripping and waxing floors,garbage disposal,window cleaning and keeping necessary areas stocked with essential for the location
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
15 minute breaks every few hours
August 27, 2018

We appreciate your comment. Providing janitorial services is more complicated and involved than most people think. Some of it, such as floor maintenance, is highly technical.

The most important element, however, is our associates, such as you, who actually do the work that makes us a success. Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

nice work place good people
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 18, 2018
I enjoy the cleaning business it easy as long as you understand what is expected for you. It is a easy worm at your own pace type of job. I enjoyed working with them just wish the pay was better.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
pay hours
August 20, 2018

We appreciate your comments. There must be a great deal of satisfaction in knowing that your efforts help make the places where our clients' employees work and their guests visit more pleasurable and productive. Thank you.

Pay and hours are driven by the economics of the labor market, the type of work we do and the stiff competition within in our industry.

Lack of management, communication,supplies and equipment maintainence
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIAugust 9, 2018
The store and it's employees that we cleaned for were great to be around everyday, it was Diversified Maintenance that lacked any communication regarding supplies and equipment to perform the job. I was the one remaining employee after the others quit and was expected to work both shifts 7 days a week.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
no benifits no communication
August 20, 2018

Thank for for your comments. Communication with field employees is difficult due to the number of employees we have, the hours they work and geographic spread. However, despite these barriers, we are exploring ways to improve how we interact with our employees.

Diversified offers medical benefits and paid vacation to all of our full-time employees.

Employees are encouraged to contact us via telephone or email anytime to voice their concerns or to ask questions.

Alot of favoritism
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 2, 2018
I started getting 3 hour weeks because the supervisors friend needed a job and basically replaced me. He started training and the next week I was never called for more hours or to come back in.
August 3, 2018

We apologize that your experience with Diversified wasn't what you expected. We do not condone favoritism such as you describe, and will vigorously investigate any complaints that our employees bring to our attention.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Productive challenging environment
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2018
There is no such thing as a typical day at DMS, it is a great place to work that challenges you to be your best. It has an amazing work place culture with lots of team building.
Pros
On-site functions, team-building
Cons
Healthcare
July 31, 2018

Thank you for your input, and please feel free to submit any ideas that might make Diversified a better, more satisfying place to work.

I work hard
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 27, 2018
I work hard and. I get in trouble for things I don’t even know what I did wrong we get cursed at and. They think there better then us and our boss don’t care how we feel. Or. What we think. It’s to stressful when. U work hard and no one cares
July 31, 2018

It's unfortunate your experience has not lived up to your expectations. The behaviors you mention are unacceptable to violate company policy. You are encouraged to voice your concerns to your supervisor's manager, or directly to Human Resources without fear of retaliation.

Cleaning stores
Cleaning Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 26, 2018
not hard work, management isn't ever around. work alone. no raises, not paid how you work. unfair management. not many hours. management doesn't communicate with associates
July 31, 2018

We apologize that your experience with Diversified isn't what you expected. We are always trying our best to ensure all of our employees are treated with dignity and respect. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Enjoy staying busy and being happy with the final result
Custodial (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 25, 2018
Being able to take pride when the work is finished. Enjoy staying busy and knowing when the tasks are completed people will be pleased with the end result.
July 31, 2018

Thank you for your comments. It's very satisfying when you realize how the work you do helps create an environment for our customers that promotes safety, wellness and productivity. Your contributions are greatly appreciated!

Lack of pay
Housekeeper/ Janitor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2018
The work is not bad . The only problem is you only to paid $8 an hours and it’s part time. It’s bad when you have responsiblitites and you have to basically live pay check to pay check
Pros
Time
Cons
No benefits, short checks
July 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We understand how difficult it can be living paycheck-to-paycheck. The reality of our industry is that it is mostly part-time; most of our employees have full-time jobs elsewhere and work part-time for extra spending money. The wages we pay are based on the work and the labor market. We constantly evaluate pay rates and adjust where we can.

We appreciate all the hard work you do for our customers. You really make a difference.

Nice manager
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALJuly 18, 2018
Its hard to have a life at times. People didn't want to work so you have ot pitch in at other stores and other areas. It may be an hour away. Over night work was fine you get to do your job and go home. No one standing around making you feel uneasy about your job
July 31, 2018

Your comments are so true. Life is what you make it. We want our employees to work diligently and to be satisfied with the clean and healthy environments they help to create. Thank you for the service you brought to Diversified, and if the opportunity arises for you to come back to the team, please don't hesitate.

It's a job
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 16, 2018
The job is easy. Cleaning banks at night. They have their own supplies. The manager spends the first night with you to make sure that you know what to do.
Pros
Management always returns your calls
Cons
Working graveyard alone
August 7, 2018

Thanks to you and all of our dedicated associates who work late hours. We truly appreciate how you make us successful.

Part time work with no benefits and low pay
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 8, 2018
Quick paced environment, manager is not very good, keeps people around that do not do work properly, and do not even show up half the time. Slow to get new stock in
August 7, 2018

We are constantly working to upgrade the capabilities of our managers. New managers are mentored by one of our Employee Relations Managers, they participate in a 30-day orientation program, and are enrolled in an ongoing online training program throughout their first year of employment. Unfortunately, sometimes our efforts don't have the impact on our managers we would like.

All of our employees are invited to contact us using one of our confidential hotline numbers if they have concerns. Thanks.

Very productive and very fun to work at.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJuly 5, 2018
The people were caring & very helpful. I was taught how do do a lot of different things over time. The pay was the best that I've ever had. I would recommend this company to anyone.
August 7, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We try to provide the best employment experience we can for all of our colleagues in the field.

Fast paste environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 2, 2018
Fun and productive all in one people worked as a team and made sure customers that visited where welcomed to a well taimed area. Employees also were to be happy with their work environment.
Pros
Had the mall to ourselves at times
Cons
No breaks
August 7, 2018

One of the great things about work is that it provides an opportunity to work together as a team and to see the results of your combined efforts.

Breaks are required after you work a given number of hours. Anyone with questions may contact us at one of our toll-free employee hotlines.

Very fast paced and have to work around employees of the store
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 27, 2018
Arrived at 4 am get equipment out make sure everything was stocked the night before, fill up floor scrubber,and hit sales floor to dust mop floor before scrubbing floor.
Pros
leave early in the day
Cons
no benefits
hard work physical
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Manuta NJJune 17, 2018
often u had to work fast to get all chores done. Night shift followed the day shift and if the person before u didnt do a good job u had to do their work and yours too
Pros
work independently at own pace
Cons
irregular schedule switching days to nights and back again
Very nice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 15, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. They where very helpful the staff. They work with you. They are a very professional company. Great vibes and a attitudes.
Mulnipulative...
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2018
Management is horrible. They hire area managers that don't have a clue as to what to do. They know just as much as their employees if not less. Expectations are way too high for low pay. Robots is what employees seem to be to them. If you need a job just to get on your feet then by all means go for it. This is nothing to make a career out of. No benefits. Nothing to look forward to but complaints on a daily basis from not only Diversified but management from the store you're workimg.
Pros
Paycheck/Good Morning shift hours
Cons
No healthcare.. No nothing...just work
It is a good to supplement your income
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Norcross GeorgiaJune 1, 2018
It is good to see a job where there is a group of young black males striving to succeed. I am grateful for the opportunity to work.I enjoy working with my co-workers because they act like adults.
Pros
Independence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversified Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.