DJO Global Employee Reviews

Right Management Makes the Difference
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 31, 2018
Your experience is very much dependent on the management. Small enough to make an impact but large enough to have opportunities to learn. The company is going through many changes which will hopefully impact employees and customers positively in the future.
Pros
Workout Program
Cons
Uncertainty in Job Security
An average place to work
QA/QC Inspector/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 29, 2018
Fast paced and hectic work environment. At times very unorganized causing many stressful situations. Work could have been more efficient and quality could have been better.
Pros
A lot of work
Cons
A lot of work
Good working environment and culture
Sourcing and SQA, AP (Former Employee) –  Vista CA, USAJuly 19, 2018
Multi-National Company
Good company culture
Well training program
Pros
Well training program
Great place but closing
Receiving/Inventory/Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 31, 2018
Closing before the end of the year. It is a decent place to work and i wouldnt be leaving if it wasnt for it closing. Decent Hours and pay. Benifits are expensive.
Quality & respected name in the ortho industry
Area Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2018
Typical day would be to maintain & grow business within my given geography. This would be coupled with managing direct reports and mentoring them to be successful. I learned that a large company tends to thin out on resources needed for a very profitable division of the company...the company is too spread into too many areas. New management came to DJO from another top player within the ortho space. The problem is these executives did not fully understand our business and may have set us back. As a result- the workplace culture is a bit of a tense environment right now. The hardest part of the job is having the necessary R&D that has been needed and still is needed to produce at the top level. The enjoyable part of the job would be working for a very recognized, credible company and having the autonomy to generate the daily business decisions necessary.
Pros
Strong name in ortho field
Cons
Poor decisions not to provide the necessary R&D with clinical evidence
They have money but can't pay their bills
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2018
The manufacturing and operations is run by people who have never worked in this environment. They refuse to reinvest in their equipment. A large majority of equipment is over 20 years old and not maintained.
Pros
not much required overtime
Receiving and reviewing medical records from patients having spinal fusion sx
PCS REPRESENTATIVE - INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 11, 2018
I liked helping the patients, but the company was going through a lot of changes trying to become public. We had a capped bonus we could make each month and in almost 8 years we never received an increase on our base salary and the health benefits went up every year and we got less benefits from them. They closed the Empi part of the company and laid off more that 1000 employess.
Pros
companies brought lunches to buy to campus
Cons
lots of overtime expected
fun place to work
Reimbursement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 30, 2018
huge lunchroom to relax and eat your lunch
big company with lots of opportunity's to move around in the company
fast paced and always busy and had monthly town hall meetings
Doesnt care about life outside of work unless your management
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNMarch 30, 2018
No real training, manager never available, still using old billing practices,

Will only progress if management likes you.

The sales representatives that sell bone growth stimulators lie to customers and inturn the patients end up with large bills.

They only care about the sales reps and upper management.

Very CUT THROAT company.

No Compassion.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Manatory overtime during the holiday because they're money hungry.
Very Poor Company Culture
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST, NPI (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMarch 20, 2018
Extreme cut-throat environment with poor management. The discounts on products, onsite lunch and cross-fit were great, but not worth the poor company culture.
Pros
Onsite lunch & cross-fit, product discounts
Cons
No work-life balance
DJO Global is a nice place to work at.
Consultant / Project Management (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 19, 2018
The management team is great. They are moving with emerging technologies and open to change. I've learned much about the DME industry and how critical Claim reimbursement is without having effective systems that cannot process information quickly. The business teams are hard working and extremely knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job is getting data integration support for partnering systems, which delay business process improvements. The most enjoyable part of the job is the release of new systems that improve users ability to deliver results that increase revenue.
Pros
Open management team, open to new technology, team collaboration
Cons
Not enough resources to get the job done.
great products to sell and a well known company
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 1, 2018
I am a 1099 employee so I do not receive the same benefits as a direct employee so I cannot comment on that. As a 1099 it became difficult not having benefits. .
busy clean ro0m
Clean Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2018
busy work environment did not look forward to going to work most days, too much favoritism and drama. Did not feel like I had the management support when problems arose
Djo
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2018
If you like doing a lot of paperwork and not selling then this is the job for you. A lot of busy work. Pro's are building relationships with physicians and important decision makers.
Lack of training and feedback. No tolerance for mistakes.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJanuary 2, 2018
My main problem was in the warehouse of the consumer branch. The "training" I received was incomplete and I was told that I had made mistakes the moment I was fired. I'd heard about other employees being let go under abrupt and odd circumstances and it does not surprise me at all that that location has had a hard time staying fully staffed.
Pros
Over Time Pay
Cons
Lack of training and feedback. No tolerance for mistakes.
Productive and fun work place.
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Vista, CADecember 10, 2017
Atypical day at work was unload the UPS and Fedex truck.
Sort out the packages and put them and different pallets. Receiving packages, process them and labeled the packages.
Pros
Good lunch time.
Cons
No cons.
Uncertain times
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 14, 2017
New management team has outsourced over 600 jobs to India in the last two months. Very uncertain times for DJO Global. The reason I stayed so long is because the people I worked with day to day gave their best and my immediate manager was great.
Awful!
International Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2017
Management was awful, everything was disorganized, my workload kept increasing but my pay wasn't. I was offered a pay increase and a promotion upon putting in my two-week notice and it wasn't worth it to me at all. I actually took an initial pay cut just to get out of there because the stress was overwhelming my life!
Good company and good work environment
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 31, 2017
I loved my time at djo. Great company to work for and the work atmosphere and fellow employees were awesome. Very unhappy to be outsourced and be forced to leave.
Call Center and Warehouse
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, IN 46168October 26, 2017
I found out my second day of training, that my temp to hire position was being outsourced. Throughout my term, numerous miscommunication between DJO and my agency(Energeo) took place. The people I work with are amazing and generally in good spirits, but management/supervisors is lackluster. There is a constant email, lync, or head popping up over the cube wall to check your status. Very rarely have I felt the "checking in" to be constructive. This job was NOT difficult, but some calls can be challenging.
Pros
Great hourly rate, fellow employees, completion bonus.
Cons
No sick or PTO time and micromanaged

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DJO Global. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight