DJO Global Employee Reviews

Employee driven workplace
Design Quality Engineer 2 (Current Employee) –  Vista, CA 92081November 30, 2018
The workplace is very fast but employee driven. Casual professional atmosphere. However, many recent hires are contract roles, as the world headquaters will move shortly
Pros
Task-based schedule, employee-driven culture
Cons
Site headquarters moving shortly
Was a good place to work
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 29, 2018
When I started at DJO I was very excited and my first year was amazing. I moved to the corporate office and everything went down from there. Environment was toxic, management encouraged an almost juvenile atmosphere. Then the lay-offs started and continued till after 5 years my job became eliminated and I was not able to move-up through the company.
not willing to give positive review
Reimbursement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 23, 2018
following mass lay-off, company did provide excellent services for dislocated workers thru State of MN. However, this did not offset suddenness of division lay-off and management mishandling
positive place
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNOctober 22, 2018
when I was at work I did billing information like sent out 1500 claim forms and sent them out to doctors and nurses when needed to and did the billing part of the equipment they sold
I really liked this job.
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 4, 2018
This was probably the job I liked the most. Although it was demanding with lots of hours, I really enjoyed the environment. There were many different areas to work and train in.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Too much overtime
Great Place to Work
Infrastructure Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vista, CASeptember 29, 2018
Excellent work enviornment. Was great place to work, great team, resources, excellent environment. Would recommend others to apply for openings. DJO had great benefits also.
Company going thru a transformation
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Vista, CASeptember 27, 2018
Company going thru a transformation which is very exciting. Employees will learn a much about going from a private company to a public company. Currently the company is moving its headquarters to Dallas, TX.
Pros
Great HR team
Cons
Change is hard for some people
Awful place to work at
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 12, 2018
DJO started out as an interesting place to work. The longer I was there the worse it became. There was a lot of drama, pay did not really change. They outsourced our jobs to another location, then outsourced them again.
Pros
HR was nice and supportive. IT guys were great
Cons
Managerial drama, lied to about jobs, Never knew when anyone was going to get fired because they always used that as a scare tactic, No tolerance for individuals, wants a hive mind
Business Practice
Team Lead - Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNSeptember 7, 2018
There was lack of communication between upper management/leadership team with the lower management/leads. The company was having hardship financially however it was not communicated till we were informed that the company was being dissolved.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Lack of Communication
Good Place to work
Warehouse Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 30, 2018
DJO Global has a productive atmosphere but a fun place to work, I have learned most every position in my company over the 12 years I have been here. The culture is every order is for a patient not just a box to ship.

Want to know more about DJO Global?

Ask a question
Good experience
ASSEMBLER II / KITTING (Former Employee) –  Vista, CA 92081August 25, 2018
I acquired many skills such as how to leave orders for equipment and materials ready to be processed in the shipping area, How to test device for muscle stimulator and package it & added to Oracle system. how to cut material tailored for each manufacturing area .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Favoritism
fast paced
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 6, 2018
fast paced environment. worked inside, needed to be accurate with what i was doing, required lifting bending and a lot of walking. overall a good place to work
Right Management Makes the Difference
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 31, 2018
Your experience is very much dependent on the management. Small enough to make an impact but large enough to have opportunities to learn. The company is going through many changes which will hopefully impact employees and customers positively in the future.
Pros
Workout Program
Cons
Uncertainty in Job Security
An average place to work
QA/QC Inspector/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 29, 2018
Fast paced and hectic work environment. At times very unorganized causing many stressful situations. Work could have been more efficient and quality could have been better.
Pros
A lot of work
Cons
A lot of work
Good working environment and culture
Sourcing and SQA, AP (Former Employee) –  Vista CA, USAJuly 19, 2018
Multi-National Company
Good company culture
Well training program
Pros
Well training program
Great place but closing
Receiving/Inventory/Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 31, 2018
Closing before the end of the year. It is a decent place to work and i wouldnt be leaving if it wasnt for it closing. Decent Hours and pay. Benifits are expensive.
Quality & respected name in the ortho industry
Area Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2018
Typical day would be to maintain & grow business within my given geography. This would be coupled with managing direct reports and mentoring them to be successful. I learned that a large company tends to thin out on resources needed for a very profitable division of the company...the company is too spread into too many areas. New management came to DJO from another top player within the ortho space. The problem is these executives did not fully understand our business and may have set us back. As a result- the workplace culture is a bit of a tense environment right now. The hardest part of the job is having the necessary R&D that has been needed and still is needed to produce at the top level. The enjoyable part of the job would be working for a very recognized, credible company and having the autonomy to generate the daily business decisions necessary.
Pros
Strong name in ortho field
Cons
Poor decisions not to provide the necessary R&D with clinical evidence
They have money but can't pay their bills
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2018
The manufacturing and operations is run by people who have never worked in this environment. They refuse to reinvest in their equipment. A large majority of equipment is over 20 years old and not maintained.
Pros
not much required overtime
Receiving and reviewing medical records from patients having spinal fusion sx
PCS REPRESENTATIVE - INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 11, 2018
I liked helping the patients, but the company was going through a lot of changes trying to become public. We had a capped bonus we could make each month and in almost 8 years we never received an increase on our base salary and the health benefits went up every year and we got less benefits from them. They closed the Empi part of the company and laid off more that 1000 employess.
Pros
companies brought lunches to buy to campus
Cons
lots of overtime expected
fun place to work
Reimbursement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 30, 2018
huge lunchroom to relax and eat your lunch
big company with lots of opportunity's to move around in the company
fast paced and always busy and had monthly town hall meetings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DJO Global. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DJO Global.

Powered by Comparably