DJO Global Employee Reviews

I really liked this job.
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 4, 2018
This was probably the job I liked the most. Although it was demanding with lots of hours, I really enjoyed the environment. There were many different areas to work and train in.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Too much overtime
Company going thru a transformation
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Vista, CASeptember 27, 2018
Company going thru a transformation which is very exciting. Employees will learn a much about going from a private company to a public company. Currently the company is moving its headquarters to Dallas, TX.
Pros
Great HR team
Cons
Change is hard for some people
Awful place to work at
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 12, 2018
DJO started out as an interesting place to work. The longer I was there the worse it became. There was a lot of drama, pay did not really change. They outsourced our jobs to another location, then outsourced them again.
Pros
HR was nice and supportive. IT guys were great
Cons
Managerial drama, lied to about jobs, Never knew when anyone was going to get fired because they always used that as a scare tactic, No tolerance for individuals, wants a hive mind
Good Place to work
Warehouse Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 30, 2018
DJO Global has a productive atmosphere but a fun place to work, I have learned most every position in my company over the 12 years I have been here. The culture is every order is for a patient not just a box to ship.
Good experience
ASSEMBLER II / KITTING (Former Employee) –  Vista, CA 92081August 25, 2018
I acquired many skills such as how to leave orders for equipment and materials ready to be processed in the shipping area, How to test device for muscle stimulator and package it & added to Oracle system. how to cut material tailored for each manufacturing area .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Favoritism
fast paced
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 6, 2018
fast paced environment. worked inside, needed to be accurate with what i was doing, required lifting bending and a lot of walking. overall a good place to work
Right Management Makes the Difference
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 31, 2018
Your experience is very much dependent on the management. Small enough to make an impact but large enough to have opportunities to learn. The company is going through many changes which will hopefully impact employees and customers positively in the future.
Pros
Workout Program
Cons
Uncertainty in Job Security
An average place to work
QA/QC Inspector/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 29, 2018
Fast paced and hectic work environment. At times very unorganized causing many stressful situations. Work could have been more efficient and quality could have been better.
Pros
A lot of work
Cons
A lot of work
Good working environment and culture
Sourcing and SQA, AP (Former Employee) –  Vista CA, USAJuly 19, 2018
Multi-National Company
Good company culture
Well training program
Pros
Well training program
Great place but closing
Receiving/Inventory/Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 31, 2018
Closing before the end of the year. It is a decent place to work and i wouldnt be leaving if it wasnt for it closing. Decent Hours and pay. Benifits are expensive.
Quality & respected name in the ortho industry
Area Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2018
Typical day would be to maintain & grow business within my given geography. This would be coupled with managing direct reports and mentoring them to be successful. I learned that a large company tends to thin out on resources needed for a very profitable division of the company...the company is too spread into too many areas. New management came to DJO from another top player within the ortho space. The problem is these executives did not fully understand our business and may have set us back. As a result- the workplace culture is a bit of a tense environment right now. The hardest part of the job is having the necessary R&D that has been needed and still is needed to produce at the top level. The enjoyable part of the job would be working for a very recognized, credible company and having the autonomy to generate the daily business decisions necessary.
Pros
Strong name in ortho field
Cons
Poor decisions not to provide the necessary R&D with clinical evidence
They have money but can't pay their bills
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2018
The manufacturing and operations is run by people who have never worked in this environment. They refuse to reinvest in their equipment. A large majority of equipment is over 20 years old and not maintained.
Pros
not much required overtime
Receiving and reviewing medical records from patients having spinal fusion sx
PCS REPRESENTATIVE - INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 11, 2018
I liked helping the patients, but the company was going through a lot of changes trying to become public. We had a capped bonus we could make each month and in almost 8 years we never received an increase on our base salary and the health benefits went up every year and we got less benefits from them. They closed the Empi part of the company and laid off more that 1000 employess.
Pros
companies brought lunches to buy to campus
Cons
lots of overtime expected
fun place to work
Reimbursement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 30, 2018
huge lunchroom to relax and eat your lunch
big company with lots of opportunity's to move around in the company
fast paced and always busy and had monthly town hall meetings
Doesnt care about life outside of work unless your management
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNMarch 30, 2018
No real training, manager never available, still using old billing practices,

Will only progress if management likes you.

The sales representatives that sell bone growth stimulators lie to customers and inturn the patients end up with large bills.

They only care about the sales reps and upper management.

Very CUT THROAT company.

No Compassion.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Manatory overtime during the holiday because they're money hungry.
Very Poor Company Culture
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST, NPI (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMarch 20, 2018
Extreme cut-throat environment with poor management. The discounts on products, onsite lunch and cross-fit were great, but not worth the poor company culture.
Pros
Onsite lunch & cross-fit, product discounts
Cons
No work-life balance
DJO Global is a nice place to work at.
Consultant / Project Management (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 19, 2018
The management team is great. They are moving with emerging technologies and open to change. I've learned much about the DME industry and how critical Claim reimbursement is without having effective systems that cannot process information quickly. The business teams are hard working and extremely knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job is getting data integration support for partnering systems, which delay business process improvements. The most enjoyable part of the job is the release of new systems that improve users ability to deliver results that increase revenue.
Pros
Open management team, open to new technology, team collaboration
Cons
Not enough resources to get the job done.
great products to sell and a well known company
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 1, 2018
I am a 1099 employee so I do not receive the same benefits as a direct employee so I cannot comment on that. As a 1099 it became difficult not having benefits. .
busy clean ro0m
Clean Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2018
busy work environment did not look forward to going to work most days, too much favoritism and drama. Did not feel like I had the management support when problems arose
Djo
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2018
If you like doing a lot of paperwork and not selling then this is the job for you. A lot of busy work. Pro's are building relationships with physicians and important decision makers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DJO Global. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight