DJO Global Employee Reviews

They have money but can't pay their bills
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2018
The manufacturing and operations is run by people who have never worked in this environment. They refuse to reinvest in their equipment. A large majority of equipment is over 20 years old and not maintained.
Pros
not much required overtime
Receiving and reviewing medical records from patients having spinal fusion sx
PCS REPRESENTATIVE - INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 11, 2018
I liked helping the patients, but the company was going through a lot of changes trying to become public. We had a capped bonus we could make each month and in almost 8 years we never received an increase on our base salary and the health benefits went up every year and we got less benefits from them. They closed the Empi part of the company and laid off more that 1000 employess.
Pros
companies brought lunches to buy to campus
Cons
lots of overtime expected
fun place to work
Reimbursement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 30, 2018
huge lunchroom to relax and eat your lunch
big company with lots of opportunity's to move around in the company
fast paced and always busy and had monthly town hall meetings
Doesnt care about life outside of work unless your management
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNMarch 30, 2018
No real training, manager never available, still using old billing practices,

Will only progress if management likes you.

The sales representatives that sell bone growth stimulators lie to customers and inturn the patients end up with large bills.

They only care about the sales reps and upper management.

Very CUT THROAT company.

No Compassion.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Manatory overtime during the holiday because they're money hungry.
Very Poor Company Culture
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST, NPI (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMarch 20, 2018
Extreme cut-throat environment with poor management. The discounts on products, onsite lunch and cross-fit were great, but not worth the poor company culture.
Pros
Onsite lunch & cross-fit, product discounts
Cons
No work-life balance
DJO Global is a nice place to work at.
Consultant / Project Management (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 19, 2018
The management team is great. They are moving with emerging technologies and open to change. I've learned much about the DME industry and how critical Claim reimbursement is without having effective systems that cannot process information quickly. The business teams are hard working and extremely knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job is getting data integration support for partnering systems, which delay business process improvements. The most enjoyable part of the job is the release of new systems that improve users ability to deliver results that increase revenue.
Pros
Open management team, open to new technology, team collaboration
Cons
Not enough resources to get the job done.
great products to sell and a well known company
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 1, 2018
I am a 1099 employee so I do not receive the same benefits as a direct employee so I cannot comment on that. As a 1099 it became difficult not having benefits. .
busy clean ro0m
Clean Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2018
busy work environment did not look forward to going to work most days, too much favoritism and drama. Did not feel like I had the management support when problems arose
Djo
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2018
If you like doing a lot of paperwork and not selling then this is the job for you. A lot of busy work. Pro's are building relationships with physicians and important decision makers.
Lack of training and feedback. No tolerance for mistakes.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJanuary 2, 2018
My main problem was in the warehouse of the consumer branch. The "training" I received was incomplete and I was told that I had made mistakes the moment I was fired. I'd heard about other employees being let go under abrupt and odd circumstances and it does not surprise me at all that that location has had a hard time staying fully staffed.
Pros
Over Time Pay
Cons
Lack of training and feedback. No tolerance for mistakes.

Want to know more about DJO Global?

Ask a question
Productive and fun work place.
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Vista, CADecember 10, 2017
Atypical day at work was unload the UPS and Fedex truck.
Sort out the packages and put them and different pallets. Receiving packages, process them and labeled the packages.
Pros
Good lunch time.
Cons
No cons.
Uncertain times
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 14, 2017
New management team has outsourced over 600 jobs to India in the last two months. Very uncertain times for DJO Global. The reason I stayed so long is because the people I worked with day to day gave their best and my immediate manager was great.
Awful!
International Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2017
Management was awful, everything was disorganized, my workload kept increasing but my pay wasn't. I was offered a pay increase and a promotion upon putting in my two-week notice and it wasn't worth it to me at all. I actually took an initial pay cut just to get out of there because the stress was overwhelming my life!
Good company and good work environment
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 31, 2017
I loved my time at djo. Great company to work for and the work atmosphere and fellow employees were awesome. Very unhappy to be outsourced and be forced to leave.
Call Center and Warehouse
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, IN 46168October 26, 2017
I found out my second day of training, that my temp to hire position was being outsourced. Throughout my term, numerous miscommunication between DJO and my agency(Energeo) took place. The people I work with are amazing and generally in good spirits, but management/supervisors is lackluster. There is a constant email, lync, or head popping up over the cube wall to check your status. Very rarely have I felt the "checking in" to be constructive. This job was NOT difficult, but some calls can be challenging.
Pros
Great hourly rate, fellow employees, completion bonus.
Cons
No sick or PTO time and micromanaged
It's productive working on the integration platform for web developer
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2017
It's productive working on the integration platform for web developer.
DJO Management is good. This place is best fit for the Inventory management domain. It's one of the best orthopedic equipment manufacture company this company does manufacture and sell the Orthopedic products, surgical products as well
a great place to work
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Vista, CASeptember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. the work environment was good and there was room for advancement. the downfall was that my department was outsourced and I had to move on. at the time there was nothing for me to transfer to.
Pros
great comrodery, lots of free lunches and bonuses
Cons
outsourced and no placement
Lack of Communication
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNAugust 17, 2017
I worked on a 3-month contract. Though reluctantly conversant in English, my immediate supervisor was very difficult to understand. She was barely audible.
Pros
Near bus lines.
Cons
Lack of communication
Miserable
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 9, 2017
Company is currently restructuring. Employees are daily worried if they will be laid off. Good Managers are let go to reduce costs. Communication is minimal and contradicting between leadership members. No clear objective = unfocused workers.
Pros
Never bored with lack of work
Fsr
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 13, 2017
I was an FSR at multiple locations management was ok. Obviously due to me not working there job security is not so great. I worked at ER's, OR's and Orthopedic clinics
Pros
Porduct are top of the line
Cons
job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DJO Global. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.5

1.5Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight