DK Security Employee Reviews

Apply Now
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2019
DK is a great company to work for and the pay is great. I’ve been with the company for 2 years now and I don’t plan on leaving no time soon. The work is super easy and most of the time I have a easy day.
A laid back and busy workplace to keep you on your toes, kind of job.
Security Guard - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 15, 2019
Working for DK Security has been both a busy/laid back experience depending on the shift/workplace assigned to work. If you don't mind travel there are temporary positions available for extra hours all the time in the surrounding areas with shuttle service for employees. I would recommend it to anyone who is seeking employment.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 14, 2019
DK is not a bad business to work for. Unfortunately you will work full time hours but still considered part time. After you are with the company for a certain amount of time and you work more than 25 hours a week you are eligible for vision and dental. After I was there for a year I got medical insurance but it is not the greatest. But it is more than what I did have.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 18, 2019
Great place to work pay good would recommend others pay is every two weeks get to meet some really important ppl good benefits provide uniforms and badges safe environment to work
Pros
Great
Toxic Work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MISeptember 18, 2019
I absolutely loved what I did and being out in nature. Should have been the most stress free job but the coworkers are horrible and petty. The bosses make their own rules and enforce only the ones they want. DK management is the worst employer ever. They only care about their own job. They lie to you and when called in by the contractors they lie to them as well. Run as far away from this job. RUN!!
Pros
Your around nature
Cons
Coworkers create a toxic work environment
Travel
Loss Prevention Detective (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 12, 2019
The job i had required a lot of travel and walking which was great for me since I didn't mind doing any of that and loved meeting new people. You have to be prepared for any situation at any time.
I love it there.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 6, 2019
N/A. I enjoyed working for Dk security i will always want to work there no matter what i will also tell my family members nd my friends to go work there.
Very unprofessional
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 4, 2019
I have never worked for such a company. Very unprofessional and the managers only care about their own positions. After 2 years I’ve quit and have no intentions to ever return. Very stressful to work for this company. They have a horrible turn around and cannot keep employees to work for them.
Pros
The clients
Cons
The company and management
Terribly unorganized
Event Staff/Security (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 27, 2019
I would sign up for events and get calls from 2-3 different managers asking if I want to work events that I already signed up for. I was never properly trained about evacuation procedures if there is an emergency or mass shooting/ etc. The patrons and event goers treat you like dirt and the supervisors don't stick up for you. The pay is pathetic for the amount of risk involved.
Terrible management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, MIAugust 6, 2019
Fired me because of what someone else said. Had no proof barely asked me about it and terminated me with in 3 days because of what some one said which wasnt true. This job has no management system if they want you gone for any reason you will be gone even if its for nothing . I feel like like i was set up to be fired i worked there for about 5 months.
buisness. Terrible company. G4s more professional
I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 2, 2019
Please please look elsewhere when you are job hunting. I worked for DK nearly 2.5 years and got NOTHING in return but a headache. My supervisor was a joke, never listened or cared, brushed everything off then when the topic became an issue he acted as if he never knew. Management sucks and you get 0 benefits!! Nothing no vacation pto NOTHING! After 2.5 years!! Your treated like your disposable and raises are out of the question. I haven’t worked for this company for a few months yet continue to keep non stop emails about them and shift openings after I’ve requested it to stop numerous times!! Ide give this company 0 stars if I could.
This company treats their employees so bad and gives them nothing in return is sad. You don’t even get bonuses or a holiday party unless your in “corporate”. They expect the people that work at the sites to do everything and the higher ups reign in all the props and benefits.
Relaxed
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 30, 2019
I like to think that it is very relaxed but I take my job seriously. I am there to make sure Consumer Energy trucks are all secured and protected.....
I feel the job didn't pay enough for what I had to do so I moved on. I did enjoy meeting people and gaining work experience.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 26, 2019
Depending on where you were assigned, it could be very interesting (Lugnuts games, concerts, MSU games) or kind of dull (Bus station, Capitol). I liked the manager and felt he was a fair person. I didn't like the pay after awhile. I never got a raise as I gained experience. I had a co-worker who gave me a very hard time and HR didn't help me with this much at all. I did work with many people that I liked too. I was grateful to gain employment experience but I don't think I would go back to this kind of work again.
Horrible management !!!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 6, 2019
I was a guard at there Livonia DHS office and worked under the most unprofessional, lying, and manipulative, homophobic lead gaurd ever! And her equally evil and self hating, ironically homophobic, stud sister. They operate like mean girls in 6th grade. Very cliquey and if you don't kiss up to them they wilcreacghfaire need
Management are caring
Access control supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 2, 2019
When I was going on maternity leave I hadn’t been with the company long enough for FMLA they allowed me to take 12 weeks off and keep my job as supervisor.
workplace
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 13, 2019
I love DK security, they work with you around your schedule, their workplaces are nice, this is a great company to work for. its a hard job at times but after you get past the storm it's always sunshine behind it
DK Security from a PTOC Uniformed Officer
Part-Time On-Call Uniformed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 9, 2019
For example, a day could look like: Get up, look at emails from DK regarding upcoming shifts at various places. Check pay rate and overtime. Check responsibilities. Contact DK to put in for shift (Calling works better than responding to email). Wait for response and schedule shift.

This past week I picked up 54 hours @ $12.45/hr at site #1 and 16 hours @ $25/hr at site#2. Since I worked the hours at site#1 first, I get 14 hours of overtime and the site#2 is all overtime. Nice!

Above is an example, it is not typical, but jobs range mainly between $12 to $15 per hour for uniformed security.
Pros
Communicatative and responsive, scheduling, great 2nd job
Cons
Competition for high dollar sites, minimum hours requirement
Laid back and easy.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 7, 2019
I've been with DK over an year and still am, doing EIRP. I'm tempting to leave if I can't relocate.
Great starter job, more an hour would be great.
I get tired of it sometimes wanting to sleep in my car lol but I wouldn't do that. I wish there was a security shack at all EIRP sites so we can keep cool during this hot weather and keep warm doing the cold weather, I think every officer would love that! Also knowing how long the site will last? Just ask the consumer guys, but yes DK should give us an estimate of the site length BEFORE we take upon any shifts it would help us out greatly especially if you need that money to pay bills.
It's what it is. I could be leaving here soon.
Pros
Laid-back, relaxing, flexibility
Cons
Pay, sweating butt off in the summer, freezing butt off in the winter, the hours are limited.
Too boring, just sitting and sometimes driving (mobile) at times
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 2, 2019
Please, do NOT work for DK! I don't know why operations managers don't listen to us security officers that work for their site! If not for us, mngrs would be in uniform!
Pros
Ok pay, (need raises)
Cons
Health care too expensive, no 401k plan, no advancement
Enjoyable with great pay and flexible hours.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 11, 2019
This company has many job opportunities, for all ages, all over Michigan, which I did not know when hired. I was fortunate enough to apply for a "site" close to home that would allow me to have a flexible schedule. A typical day is calling one hour prior to arriving, taking inventory, checking badges, updating journals .The hardest part of the job is not knowing when the site will close and then having to look for openings, which is like finding a new job with-in itself with how the scheduling was. However, the most enjoyable part was being able to conform to my schedule and organize my tasks the way I want.
Pros
Flexible hours, mileage reimbursement, great pay
Cons
Scheduling was difficult