DK Security

DK Security Employee Reviews in Detroit, MI

Safe and secure work sites
Day to day grounds and building checks,along with authorized entry on to the site by State of Michigan Facilities Department. Sometimes dealing with the public can be challenging and rewarding at the same time.
Pros
comparable wages
Cons
healthcare insurance not so good
Apply Now
DK is a great company to work for and the pay is great. I’ve been with the company for 2 years now and I don’t plan on leaving no time soon. The work is super easy and most of the time I have a easy day.
Great
Great place to work pay good would recommend others pay is every two weeks get to meet some really important ppl good benefits provide uniforms and badges safe environment to work
Pros
Great
Horrible management !!!
I was a guard at there Livonia DHS office and worked under the most unprofessional, lying, and manipulative, homophobic lead gaurd ever! And her equally evil and self hating, ironically homophobic, stud sister. They operate like mean girls in 6th grade. Very cliquey and if you don't kiss up to them they wilcreacghfaire need
Too boring, just sitting and sometimes driving (mobile) at times
Please, do NOT work for DK! I don't know why operations managers don't listen to us security officers that work for their site! If not for us, mngrs would be in uniform!
Pros
Ok pay, (need raises)
Cons
Health care too expensive, no 401k plan, no advancement
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Relaxing job,ok pay but limited hours when supervision gets mad at you.
This job is a job for young people who do not have any responsibilities bills or cbildren to take care because of the constant change in pay every paycheck. Different post pay different amounts an hour depends on where they put you and if your favored. This job is not for adults who wants to go further a career, pay bills and needs an income for his or her family to live. You may get 40 hours sometimes but you may be taken down to 16 to 32 because thats what is promised to you because they only hire for part time.
Pros
Can be good money if your favored, ability to make your own schedule and not a physical tiring job, nice uniforms, nice coworkers, HR office was always open for me to listen and fix issues.
Cons
Workers are punished by taking hours n payrate away, the rules only apply to certain people, At will job. No room for career growth, Site supervisors are stressful High turnover rate, payrate and hours decrease with personal dislikes, want you to train new workers without training pay.
Great
This place is a good place to work if you need lots of hours at a good rate. The work itself is not really taxing. Although you would get tired if you work a lot of hours.
It was a ok job
DK security was very organized to just had got the security contract for the cadillac place the provided there uniforms and always offered overtime if you wanted it
Fun experience
Great work place, relaxed, awesome employees, easy job, pay was good for the job. I would recommend the job to anyone. I wish I still had the job but im looking for a better pay rate to provide for my family.
It was a great place to work,straight forward
I only wish that management was more present, and that they did bi annual evaluations on those they hired,or were more adamant about looking into employee conflicts. Compensation could be better,too,as well as flexibility in hours
Pros
job dutues, room to grow professionally
Cons
flexibility, hours
they're an okay company to work for
-you cant move up in the company
-fire you for the littlest things

-they have people watch your every move

-they do favoritism

-they talk to you any kind of way

-they do work with your schedule

-they give u overtime

-short breaks

-cant leave building for lunch

-no benefits

-some employees are nice
Poor management, poor compensation
I worked for the company for about 2 years. My hours were very flexible considering I put myself through school and finished while working here. Management was terrible. They had some twisted agenda against people who actually came to work and did their expected job. They fired people left and right so employees felt there was no job security. Employees did not want to stay with the company because of managements instablility. There was always a hostile work environment. Employees telling on each other and overall cadiness. Worse company I have ever worked for.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks, poor management, no job security
state building
i work at the cadillac nice people i been knowing for years beside that im a security guard they do no allow us to sit lunch break not long enough
Do not work for this company
Working for this company was terrible. Their Detroit location is completely unorganized! The supervisors were unprofessional and my check was short of $500.00 and I was not compensated for it. I advise anyone to stay away from this company.
Pros
Cons
Unorganized, unprofessional
Great job for extra income
This review is kind of long, so I hope you have time to read it.This is a great job if you need supplemental income. They tell you there is an option to work full time or part time, but it is all part time, unless you are in a certain position (and a favorite). The hours are not bad. You generally work 3 days a week anywhere from 8-11 hours. You can work additional hours if they call you to fill in for someone.

Some of the supervisors are stuck up and others are okay.

The breaks are ridiculously short! For 8-11 hours, you'd think you'd get a full 30 minutes or so for lunch, but you don't. They give you a 10 minute break and then a 20 minute break later - very seldom stopping by again to see if you need to use the restroom. And don't be late from those breaks! Some of your relievers will write that down and if you're late too many times, you get written up. The worst part is, depending on which reliever you have, their time they have when they relieve you is not usually the correct time, so they mark you as late even if you got back from break a couple minutes early!

You cannot leave the building to get lunch or you cannot have a cigarette on your breaks. The only restaurant they have in the entire building is Subway and a convenience store, but seeing as how you have short breaks, by the time you want to eat, your break is over. You are not the only ones there, so you may have to wait in line, and these people don't know you're on a strict schedule. I once spent my whole ten minute break ordering Subway, and I made the order as simple as possible.

- more...
Pros
Pay, helping patrons, stepping stone for something great
Cons
Short breaks, management, favoritism, no smoking (even during break), standing, no job security