DK Security Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Terribly managed company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 5, 2019
This company was difficult to work for they need to move into the twenty-first century and stop mandating their officers to shave mustaches and beards
Great hours, Great people and great pay. Im happy at my job and I dont plan on leaving anytime soon.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 3, 2019
Job is amazing. The hours are great and flexible. No weekends or holidays at my work site. Always open shifts available for OT. Pay is great for min work. Locations all over so u can pick a location thats best for you. Co workers and management are amazing. Dk security is a team.
Since I been working with DK security I have been mistreated and but I still have a smile on my face I been discriminated against
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 24, 2019
Since I been working with DK I been treated unfairly in my pay went down not fair I been yelled at and discriminated against I've been bullied and my hours went down to I barley can pay my bills
Apply Now
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2019
DK is a great company to work for and the pay is great. I’ve been with the company for 2 years now and I don’t plan on leaving no time soon. The work is super easy and most of the time I have a easy day.
Toxic Work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MISeptember 18, 2019
I absolutely loved what I did and being out in nature. Should have been the most stress free job but the coworkers are horrible and petty. The bosses make their own rules and enforce only the ones they want. DK management is the worst employer ever. They only care about their own job. They lie to you and when called in by the contractors they lie to them as well. Run as far away from this job. RUN!!
Pros
Your around nature
Cons
Coworkers create a toxic work environment
I love it there.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 6, 2019
N/A. I enjoyed working for Dk security i will always want to work there no matter what i will also tell my family members nd my friends to go work there.
Very unprofessional
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 4, 2019
I have never worked for such a company. Very unprofessional and the managers only care about their own positions. After 2 years I’ve quit and have no intentions to ever return. Very stressful to work for this company. They have a horrible turn around and cannot keep employees to work for them.
Pros
The clients
Cons
The company and management
Terribly unorganized
Event Staff/Security (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 27, 2019
I would sign up for events and get calls from 2-3 different managers asking if I want to work events that I already signed up for. I was never properly trained about evacuation procedures if there is an emergency or mass shooting/ etc. The patrons and event goers treat you like dirt and the supervisors don't stick up for you. The pay is pathetic for the amount of risk involved.
Terrible management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, MIAugust 6, 2019
Fired me because of what someone else said. Had no proof barely asked me about it and terminated me with in 3 days because of what some one said which wasnt true. This job has no management system if they want you gone for any reason you will be gone even if its for nothing . I feel like like i was set up to be fired i worked there for about 5 months.
buisness. Terrible company. G4s more professional
I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 2, 2019
Please please look elsewhere when you are job hunting. I worked for DK nearly 2.5 years and got NOTHING in return but a headache. My supervisor was a joke, never listened or cared, brushed everything off then when the topic became an issue he acted as if he never knew. Management sucks and you get 0 benefits!! Nothing no vacation pto NOTHING! After 2.5 years!! Your treated like your disposable and raises are out of the question. I haven’t worked for this company for a few months yet continue to keep non stop emails about them and shift openings after I’ve requested it to stop numerous times!! Ide give this company 0 stars if I could.
This company treats their employees so bad and gives them nothing in return is sad. You don’t even get bonuses or a holiday party unless your in “corporate”. They expect the people that work at the sites to do everything and the higher ups reign in all the props and benefits.
Relaxed
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 30, 2019
I like to think that it is very relaxed but I take my job seriously. I am there to make sure Consumer Energy trucks are all secured and protected.....
workplace
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 13, 2019
I love DK security, they work with you around your schedule, their workplaces are nice, this is a great company to work for. its a hard job at times but after you get past the storm it's always sunshine behind it
DK Security from a PTOC Uniformed Officer
Part-Time On-Call Uniformed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 9, 2019
For example, a day could look like: Get up, look at emails from DK regarding upcoming shifts at various places. Check pay rate and overtime. Check responsibilities. Contact DK to put in for shift (Calling works better than responding to email). Wait for response and schedule shift.

This past week I picked up 54 hours @ $12.45/hr at site #1 and 16 hours @ $25/hr at site#2. Since I worked the hours at site#1 first, I get 14 hours of overtime and the site#2 is all overtime. Nice!

Above is an example, it is not typical, but jobs range mainly between $12 to $15 per hour for uniformed security.
Pros
Communicatative and responsive, scheduling, great 2nd job
Cons
Competition for high dollar sites, minimum hours requirement
Laid back and easy.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 7, 2019
I've been with DK over an year and still am, doing EIRP. I'm tempting to leave if I can't relocate.
Great starter job, more an hour would be great.
I get tired of it sometimes wanting to sleep in my car lol but I wouldn't do that. I wish there was a security shack at all EIRP sites so we can keep cool during this hot weather and keep warm doing the cold weather, I think every officer would love that! Also knowing how long the site will last? Just ask the consumer guys, but yes DK should give us an estimate of the site length BEFORE we take upon any shifts it would help us out greatly especially if you need that money to pay bills.
It's what it is. I could be leaving here soon.
Pros
Laid-back, relaxing, flexibility
Cons
Pay, sweating butt off in the summer, freezing butt off in the winter, the hours are limited.
Good or bad depending on location
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 8, 2019
My location is paid very low and management is questionable at best. Other locations may be better, but I can't be sure. It all depends on where you are sent to. You may get a good or bad location. I would not recommend my current location, but only that location

Hours are usually based on your availability, but depending on where you are, it can change with little or no notice.
Pros
Fairly flexible hours, many wonderful co-workers
Cons
low pay, no benefits, difficulty on getting workers to locations, some bad management
Not a lot to add
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Northwestern Michigan CollegeApril 1, 2019
With spring break and seasonal college class scheduling naturally those who have more seniority get longer hours, I went from 32 hours to 24 so I am looking for something more dependable
Pros
Status quo
Cons
Seasonal labor
dont bother
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 28, 2019
management favors employees who have worked there longer and will give you horrible days to work and less day than others also employees are out of shape for the job of protecting an area
Safe and secure work sites
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 25, 2019
Day to day grounds and building checks,along with authorized entry on to the site by State of Michigan Facilities Department. Sometimes dealing with the public can be challenging and rewarding at the same time.
Pros
comparable wages
Cons
healthcare insurance not so good
Flexible hours close knit teams
Uniform Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 23, 2019
My experience with my site is that you'll be given ample time to learn the ropes and get acclimated to work. My site manager was more than willing to work around my scheduled.
Relaxing job,ok pay but limited hours when supervision gets mad at you.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI cadillac placeMarch 18, 2019
This job is a job for young people who do not have any responsibilities bills or cbildren to take care because of the constant change in pay every paycheck. Different post pay different amounts an hour depends on where they put you and if your favored. This job is not for adults who wants to go further a career, pay bills and needs an income for his or her family to live. You may get 40 hours sometimes but you may be taken down to 16 to 32 because thats what is promised to you because they only hire for part time.
Pros
Can be good money if your favored, ability to make your own schedule and not a physical tiring job, nice uniforms, nice coworkers, HR office was always open for me to listen and fix issues.
Cons
Workers are punished by taking hours n payrate away, the rules only apply to certain people, At will job. No room for career growth, Site supervisors are stressful High turnover rate, payrate and hours decrease with personal dislikes, want you to train new workers without training pay.