DLA Piper Employee Reviews

only worked tempoary
Temporary Office Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2018
have no clue only worked as a temp to see the meger go thru. don't know enough about the company to say anything. was p only there for 4 months as a temp employee
Complete Garbage of a Law Firm
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2018
Do NOT work here! This was a complete garbage of a law firm. The management was abysmally inadequate, the associate attorneys were complete untrained, especially working with staff, and the partners at the top could have cared less about anyone but themselves! I temped here for almost a year, without any offers of permanent employment or even raises for my hard work! Then they merged with another big firm and soon everyone, including some senior partners down to our manager, as well as other staffers including me, left for greener pastures elsewhere. FYI, you've been warned fair and square!
Pros
Cons
Bad management, bad incentives, lousy pay, etc.
Great company to work for
Client Account S (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2018
DLA is pretty much a paperless workplace, that always looks for new ways to make accounting processes more efficient. People are friendly and they always try to work with you to balance work/life.
Best Job I Ever Had
Executive Assistant & Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 3, 2018
Worked for 5 attorneys. There was never a typical day - always busy. Of course had day-to-day routine assignments, but usually something new (clients) and different (their needs) came up. I thoroughly enjoyed the diversity of my work assignments. Bottom line: I loved my job, the people and management.
Pros
Very pro-employee environment
Nice work environment
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2018
Enjoyed working with team and leaders; strong work ethic appreciated; great salary and benefits; great workplace culture; was able to advance my skills and experience
Staff is not valued
CLIENT ACCOUNT TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2018
The finance department is being converted into a call center and too many hard working people loose their jobs on the spot. They don't care about staff.
Good Talented People, Lawyer led firm
Principal Economist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2018
DLA Piper is a wonderful dynamic firm with very smart dedicated professionals. I enjoyed working there for a short time. However, the firm is in the end lawyer - led and the compensation and recognition of non lawyers , like economists, reflects that. There are rigidities in the firm to protect the lawyers... and that is the firm's choice.

Overall good working environment with the legal team.
Pros
interesting people
Cons
rigid employment structure adn limited promotion ability for non lawyers
Average
Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 26, 2018
While DLA Piiper allowed you to excel in many areas, they limited your growth if you did not take on difficult individuals; they did not take proactive initiative to work our negative situations
Pros
Wonderful salary and benefits
Cons
Did not work with the "little" people
Challenging work place
Case Manager- Tax Controversy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
Learn a lot, but very challenging. High pressure work environment, long hours and expected to accomplish a lot. Attention to detail is imperative.
Work life balance was difficult. Worked 2200 yours my first year.
Dla piper
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 10, 2018
it was great place to learn front desk skills and i'd definitely go back at anytime. I loved my supervisors and the individuals that helped me and guided me through the process.
Amazing Firm
Real Estate Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2018
While it all depends on your attorney, I was lucky to work for a great one. Days were busy, but the overall firm support and excellent personalities made everything much more enjoyable.
Productive work place, collaborative approach to fast paced high stress work
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJMarch 26, 2018
A decent place to work. They were collaborative in their approach and generally supportive in a high stress fast paced legal environment. Management showed creativity in balancing costs while meeting the needs of their employees both on and off the job.
DLA Piper
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2018
I was a student intern, didn't actually get paid, I just got school credit for it, but I loved the work that I did. I loved the cases I had to work on and the research I had to do to.
Great Firm
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2018
The Century City office has a healthy relaxed, but competitive atmosphere.The attorneys were on the top of their game and were motivating to work with.
Great benefits
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2018
I had many different roles at DLA. I was a team coordinator over 8 secretaries. I helped to interview secretaries. I worked in many different areas of law at DLA including franchise, corporate, regulatory, litigation, etc.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Good Job
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2018
This is a satisfying job and can lead to better things. The overall mood of the office is very respectful. There is an expectation of professionalism that is rewarding in its' own right.
Not a fun place to work, no promises kept
Pitch and Proposal Writer and Designer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Management is unskilled in all areas of pitch team scheduling, software used, technical work needed for requests, and method of rating work performed is not consistent across different shifts.
Pros
benefits and pay, nice office
Cons
inept, unskilled, management
Great coworkers with relatively manageable workload
Case Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAFebruary 5, 2018
DLA is a fine place to work. There are times when they'd rather have present staff cover responsibilities of employees who have been let go, but what company doesn't try to make that happen? For the most part, DLA is a reputable firm that at least tries to make it seem like they value their employees.
Work/life balance
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Work culture can be dull depending on the office. Yearly bonuses and raises were a joke for staff, even if the performance reviews were stellar each year.
Great
Associate (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 3, 2018
wonderful good people good work, building, office, location, close to home, excellent benefits, excellent compensation and other benefits. fun place to work