DLA Piper Employee Reviews

Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Good place to work; very much enjoyed it. Willing to work with you on your job requirements and expectations. Sad to leave. Good office manager. Never worked overtime which I liked.
Great lawfirm and great people
Partner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 19, 2018
DLA Piper in Austin is a great place to work and the people are very dedicated to serving their clients. DLA has 90+ offices around the world and takes care of its people.
Great people terrible job
Level 1 Help Desk Tech (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 30, 2018
No advancement at all and the moral is pretty bad. But the pay is above average. The customers or users are all entitled lawyers that think they own you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Being talked to like dirt for no reason and no defined way to do most tasks
Dla Piper is a good company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 6, 2018
It has helped improve my knowledge on certain things and tasks such as computers and other assignments given. Also it has also brought out the skills I will need for upcoming jobs I may have.
IP Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at the firm. The people were great. Management was great. Unfortunately, I had to leave. Given the opportunity, I would go back to work there because it was such a great place.
thank you.
nice lawfirm
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2018
The firm is globally recognized and was very impressive. The attorneys were extremely nice in our practice group Lovely place to work. Did not have enough work to do.
Pros
impressive law firm
Cons
not busy enough
Great Co-workers, but mediocre management
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 7, 2018
The team of coworkers I had were amazing, the problem was the actual office administration and "higher ups". No advancement opportunities at all. They like to pigeon hold employees.
Pros
Pto, Events, Company Discounts, Benefits
Cons
Management, No advancement opportunities, they don't care about non-attorney staff
only worked tempoary
Temporary Office Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2018
have no clue only worked as a temp to see the meger go thru. don't know enough about the company to say anything. was p only there for 4 months as a temp employee
Complete Garbage of a Law Firm
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2018
Do NOT work here! This was a complete garbage of a law firm. The management was abysmally inadequate, the associate attorneys were complete untrained, especially working with staff, and the partners at the top could have cared less about anyone but themselves! I temped here for almost a year, without any offers of permanent employment or even raises for my hard work! Then they merged with another big firm and soon everyone, including some senior partners down to our manager, as well as other staffers including me, left for greener pastures elsewhere. FYI, you've been warned fair and square!
Pros
Cons
Bad management, bad incentives, lousy pay, etc.
For a large firm, a great place
Senior Corporate Paralegal (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAAugust 29, 2018
For the most part, I felt comfortable working here. There was autonomy and ownership. They wanted to take advantage of my skills. They didn't micromanage!
Pros
Ownership of your work, Independence to craft documents.
Cons
There may be an overbearing attorney, but, with advance knowledge you can manage this.
Great company to work for
Client Account S (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2018
DLA is pretty much a paperless workplace, that always looks for new ways to make accounting processes more efficient. People are friendly and they always try to work with you to balance work/life.
Best Job I Ever Had
Executive Assistant & Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 3, 2018
Worked for 5 attorneys. There was never a typical day - always busy. Of course had day-to-day routine assignments, but usually something new (clients) and different (their needs) came up. I thoroughly enjoyed the diversity of my work assignments. Bottom line: I loved my job, the people and management.
Pros
Very pro-employee environment
Nice work environment
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2018
Enjoyed working with team and leaders; strong work ethic appreciated; great salary and benefits; great workplace culture; was able to advance my skills and experience
Staff is not valued
CLIENT ACCOUNT TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2018
The finance department is being converted into a call center and too many hard working people loose their jobs on the spot. They don't care about staff.
Good Talented People, Lawyer led firm
Principal Economist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2018
DLA Piper is a wonderful dynamic firm with very smart dedicated professionals. I enjoyed working there for a short time. However, the firm is in the end lawyer - led and the compensation and recognition of non lawyers , like economists, reflects that. There are rigidities in the firm to protect the lawyers... and that is the firm's choice.

Overall good working environment with the legal team.
Pros
interesting people
Cons
rigid employment structure adn limited promotion ability for non lawyers
Average
Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 26, 2018
While DLA Piiper allowed you to excel in many areas, they limited your growth if you did not take on difficult individuals; they did not take proactive initiative to work our negative situations
Pros
Wonderful salary and benefits
Cons
Did not work with the "little" people
Challenging work place
Case Manager- Tax Controversy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
Learn a lot, but very challenging. High pressure work environment, long hours and expected to accomplish a lot. Attention to detail is imperative.
Work life balance was difficult. Worked 2200 yours my first year.
Dla piper
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 10, 2018
it was great place to learn front desk skills and i'd definitely go back at anytime. I loved my supervisors and the individuals that helped me and guided me through the process.
Amazing Firm
Real Estate Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2018
While it all depends on your attorney, I was lucky to work for a great one. Days were busy, but the overall firm support and excellent personalities made everything much more enjoyable.
Productive work place, collaborative approach to fast paced high stress work
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJMarch 26, 2018
A decent place to work. They were collaborative in their approach and generally supportive in a high stress fast paced legal environment. Management showed creativity in balancing costs while meeting the needs of their employees both on and off the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DLA Piper. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight