DLA Piper Employee Reviews

Staff is not valued
CLIENT ACCOUNT TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2018
The finance department is being converted into a call center and too many hard working people loose their jobs on the spot. They don't care about staff.
Good Talented People, Lawyer led firm
Principal Economist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2018
DLA Piper is a wonderful dynamic firm with very smart dedicated professionals. I enjoyed working there for a short time. However, the firm is in the end lawyer - led and the compensation and recognition of non lawyers , like economists, reflects that. There are rigidities in the firm to protect the lawyers... and that is the firm's choice.

Overall good working environment with the legal team.
Pros
interesting people
Cons
rigid employment structure adn limited promotion ability for non lawyers
Average
Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 26, 2018
While DLA Piiper allowed you to excel in many areas, they limited your growth if you did not take on difficult individuals; they did not take proactive initiative to work our negative situations
Pros
Wonderful salary and benefits
Cons
Did not work with the "little" people
Challenging work place
Case Manager- Tax Controversy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
Learn a lot, but very challenging. High pressure work environment, long hours and expected to accomplish a lot. Attention to detail is imperative.
Work life balance was difficult. Worked 2200 yours my first year.
Dla piper
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 10, 2018
it was great place to learn front desk skills and i'd definitely go back at anytime. I loved my supervisors and the individuals that helped me and guided me through the process.
Amazing Firm
Real Estate Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2018
While it all depends on your attorney, I was lucky to work for a great one. Days were busy, but the overall firm support and excellent personalities made everything much more enjoyable.
Productive work place, collaborative approach to fast paced high stress work
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJMarch 26, 2018
A decent place to work. They were collaborative in their approach and generally supportive in a high stress fast paced legal environment. Management showed creativity in balancing costs while meeting the needs of their employees both on and off the job.
DLA Piper
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2018
I was a student intern, didn't actually get paid, I just got school credit for it, but I loved the work that I did. I loved the cases I had to work on and the research I had to do to.
Great Firm
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2018
The Century City office has a healthy relaxed, but competitive atmosphere.The attorneys were on the top of their game and were motivating to work with.
Great benefits
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2018
I had many different roles at DLA. I was a team coordinator over 8 secretaries. I helped to interview secretaries. I worked in many different areas of law at DLA including franchise, corporate, regulatory, litigation, etc.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Good Job
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2018
This is a satisfying job and can lead to better things. The overall mood of the office is very respectful. There is an expectation of professionalism that is rewarding in its' own right.
Not a fun place to work, no promises kept
Pitch and Proposal Writer and Designer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Management is unskilled in all areas of pitch team scheduling, software used, technical work needed for requests, and method of rating work performed is not consistent across different shifts.
Pros
benefits and pay, nice office
Cons
inept, unskilled, management
Great coworkers with relatively manageable workload
Case Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAFebruary 5, 2018
DLA is a fine place to work. There are times when they'd rather have present staff cover responsibilities of employees who have been let go, but what company doesn't try to make that happen? For the most part, DLA is a reputable firm that at least tries to make it seem like they value their employees.
Work/life balance
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Work culture can be dull depending on the office. Yearly bonuses and raises were a joke for staff, even if the performance reviews were stellar each year.
Great
Associate (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 3, 2018
wonderful good people good work, building, office, location, close to home, excellent benefits, excellent compensation and other benefits. fun place to work
Deceptive People . . .
Real Estate Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2018
It was a difficult position. The drama started when I was hired to support four and it turned into eight. Lies and deceit. Disrespectful. Never satisfied.
Pros
Salary and continued training
Cons
Too many to name.
well paid but over-worked
Patent Legal Assistant / Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 1, 2018
A daily docket sheet with due-dates spurs every morning following by hundreds of emails. There are plenty of daily deadlines and regular over-time work... usually covering for other absent people impromptu. Hours started from 7:30am to 10:00 pm sometimes... BUT, surely that work style would have changed by now.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
regular overtime is a blessing and a curse if you cannot attend to your family
Supported three partners at a global Law Firm
Marketing and Real Estate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2018
Great learning environment. Thoroughly enjoyed the fast-paced environment supporting our cooperate and real estate clients. High profile celebrity clients which gave us endless opportunities to learn.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, work enviornment
Cons
long commute
Amazing Firm to work for.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2018
The company overall is an awesome company to work for. It has numerous opportunities to advance with-in the company. And the quarterly meetings were really fun and informational.
Very professional and fun team with technical knowledge of the marketing industry
Marketing - Database Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2018
The operations marketing team I worked for was a great team that looked out for each other. If it wasn't for my choice to leave the country and immigrate to Canada I would still be working here.