DLH Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews

Would not recommend this place as employment
Shipper/Packer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 27, 2018
Not a good company to work for as they are not very professional with their work very irresponsible. Managements and Staff Supervisor are not fair with employees and are not very supportive. They only show support to the people they like most. They just don't treat everybody equally or fair. They do not give raises even if you work hard. Just not a well management business.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Very short lunch and breaks
Lack of management
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 23, 2018
Poor management, lack of communication, everyone telling on everyone for everything, promoting Packers into pharmacy technicians. The money is ok, but not for everything that you have to put up with.
Worst job ever!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJuly 21, 2018
They treat you like garbage and expect you to be perfect right away. A manager got mad at me because I wanted to put ice in my water. The ice machine was not much further from the fountain. This was one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Dedication means NOTHING...
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 17, 2018
I’ve worked for DLH for the last 7 of my 15+ years at CMOP. They ‘won’ the technician contract in 2011 and we haven’t seen a raise ever since! The pharmacists and packers have gotten at least 2 raises during this time period. There is no seniority whatsoever, only open favoritism. Our turnover rate is so high that they have now resorted to ‘promoting’ packers, who DO NOT possess the typical 1 year of pharmacy experience, to pharmacy technicians! So, being certified literally means nothing in this environment. Don’t waste your brain, energy and time working for a company that cares nothing about you or their employees moral and general well-being.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Too many to list...
No future , no advancement
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJune 9, 2018
You get paid $13.50 and that’s all no raises , no nothing their is no way you can advance or move up in any way and no matter what you do you will always get paid the same and also no matter how many years you worked their you will still be making the same as day one
Pros
It’s Monday- Friday
Cons
No way to advance, no raises, stressful
Good company
Veterans Evaluation Liaison Officer (VELO) (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 5, 2018
it was a good place to work and the supervisor was great.
hours were from 8-5 and an hour for lunch.
fast pace environment
if you needed to go to an appointment they would work with you.
had the tools to do the job.
Production
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 31, 2018
Work is beneficial to Licensed CPhT. Production is Priority, as it should be. No talking on Production line and bells go off like in High School for breaks/lunches. I have no issue with this type of work environment. Management/Supervisors are quite rude. Would be great opportunity minus the hostile work environment.
Well organized friendly workplace
CMOP Packager/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 22, 2018
People there were open and willing to help. it was a fun productive work environment. i learned how to process labels and package orders fast and efficient in a safe way. I would have to say the fun, but challenging part of the job was getting certain amount of orders out in a specific time frame.
Ah. No.
Packer (Former Employee) –  KansasMay 22, 2018
NO, I would rather abstain. I do not want to go back and review a company I am no longer affiliated with .

This was quite some time ago, it looks like indeed wanted me to take this survey to fill a database quota.
Dont let the pay fool you, this is a hostile environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2018
People are known by what table they sit at, it's like you never left high school. Contractors are treated horribly. The manager is angry and hostile and sarcastic. They try to lure you in with their pay, but it isnt worth it.
The job itself would be fullfilling, but the DLH manager, not the man, is deplorable.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
disrespected, horrible treatment of contractors.

Want to know more about DLH Solutions, Inc.?

Ask a question
Typical day at DLH Solutions
Packer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMay 16, 2018
A typical day at DLH Solutions is your average day at a production facility. Work is put out every second and you are continuously working until the facility is unable to put out work or when it is your time to clock out. The days depend on how you are able to put up with it. You will be standing all day for 8+ hours, following the same routine every day.
Pros
Healthcare, decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, standing for long hours, unpaid lunch
Terrible place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 11, 2018
This company is getting everything that they deserve.They treat their employees any kind of way.You can’t trust anyone not even management.Apply somewhere else with better benefits.Typical day consist of you constantly on your feet and 30 minutes lunch break.Some Mandatory days and points added to your profile if you don’t come in.What I learned is that no matter the pay you don’t have to waste your time with a company that doesn’t care about how they talk or treat you.Hardest part of the day was that the demand is high towards the end of your shift.Most enjoying part was Friday’s off if your on night shift.
Ok pay, but rare raises and poor management
Shipper/Packer (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSMay 10, 2018
I worked for DLH for almost 12 years. The company changed names several times. The work was mindless and mundane, so audiobooks and music helped to get through the day. Nepotism ran rampant in this facility, and often promotions were given to friends and family of management. I went almost a decade without a raise (raises are based solely on what the states labor board decides the job is worth). Hours get cut, only to mandate Saturday shifts. They operate on a point system that makes calling in more than 2 Mondays or Fridays in a one year period reason to be written up and put on probation. It’s a contractor, so they really see their employees as paychecks for themselves and make sure that they know they are replaceable. If you’re young and single and need something to get you to the next stage in life, go for it. But if you have a family or desire a career, this won’t be for you.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits for a high school grad, can listen to music with headphones
Cons
Poor management, no advancement, boring
busy work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TX 75146April 26, 2018
This is the best job for someone straight out of school or looking for an extremely stable job! With DLH, all employees have the same shift, working from 6am - 2:30pm with a 30 minute lunch. Everyone arrives at the same time, goes to lunches and breaks at the same time and leaves at the same time (unless you sign up for voluntary overtime that afternoon). The work is easy enough, just watch who you associate yourself with since most of the employees act as if they're still in high school, but they're not the worst of your problems! As a DLH employee, you will be a government contractor, however, you will be working alongside VA employees, who are nearly impossible to fire. If you have an issue with another employee, it is best to just address it to your boss (names aren't allowed but you'll know who he is). 9 times out of 10, its just best that you move to a different department, because even with the full support of your boss, nothing will be done about it. Aside from that, be sure you get there early, since the good parking spots are usually taken by 5:40am and it's best you pack your lunch since the fast food places in the area take forever!
Easy fast paced but pay and benefits need to keep up with cost of living
Shipper/Packer (Current Employee) –  Hines, ILApril 24, 2018
Job is simple enough but management makes you feel like you aren't doing a good job on a constant basis. Better hope you make your monthly quota or management will be ready to fire you even if work load is low. Haven't gotten a raise in 5+ years and benefits are average at best, expect to give up at least half of your paycheck if you want to add family to the benefits. At least the schedule is set Monday thru Friday with weekends off but with high chances for a mandatory Saturday shifts. DLH has been trying to block employee unionization for the last couple years so things might get better if unionized.
Pros
Weekends off, lots of holidays, helping veterans, possible unionization
Cons
Management, pay and benefits has not kept up with cost of living, no advancement, mandatory OT
Good
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXApril 13, 2018
Bad place to work. Management is horrible. Job is easy. Hard to get days off. Some weekend work. Their is no way to get hired on to the veterans administration through this job.
Work,work,just pack
Shipper/Packer (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 5, 2018
This job is straight forward.Don’t speak,just stand there and pack the medicine.Read every prescription label, scan,and pack.Stand the entire shift and be silent. We suffer as a whole because they don’t deal with the individuals who are problematic, they deal with the entire work place as if we all are not doing our jobs. It makes it hard for those who really care about the company and who really likes doing there job. I always say a happy employee is a productive employee. The more you enjoy your job the more work you put out. For the new comers, just do what you get paid to do, stay out of the drama, come to work on time, stay to yourself, pay attention to detail, be silent, and pack the medicine. We all got a responsibility when we get hired and that is to do our job to the best of our abilities. Maybe one day this company will take heed and do better by the ones who are the key to production. This review is not to turn you away from this company, just prepare yourself if you applied. It’s not all peaches and cream but it is what you make it. I’m still surviving and I hope you will too!
Pros
Benefits, Pay, and contribution to our Veterans
Cons
Uncomfortable conditions, Favoritism, Unfairness of employees, No appreciation, No further advancements
Friendly atmosphere
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  2240 Leo Ave Canton OhioMarch 28, 2018
The people I worked with made the day go by fast. It was fast paced to get the parts boxed and done in 12 hours, but it was an enjoyable experience for me
Pros
time flies
Cons
12 hour days
Productive Days
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 28, 2018
Work is steady and easy. The biggest complaint is the lack of competitive pay and communication. Packers get paid more and they don't have any certifications or licenses to pay for. All Pharmacy Techs gets paid the same amount no matter how long you've worked there or how well you do your job.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No Communication
Fast paced, Steady
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSFebruary 6, 2018
The job requires someone that is dedicated to quality work with no errors. Pace is fast and is that way for the entire work day. Workers must stay focused.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DLH Solutions, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.