DLR Group Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2018
Some of the worst management I have ever dealt with on any job. This was some time ago and maybe they have improved in the city where I worked for them.
Pros
well paid
Cons
everything else.
safe place to work
Energy Analyst/ Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2018
I love the management and job security that I have at DLR Group. Although it has flexible hours on working here but it could be better if there was more options working from home.
Great work environment
BIM Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2018
Great work environment, good pay, decent benefits except dental. Company is not forward thinking when it comes to new technology. Does not want to invest in new API’s that could save 1000’sofjours per year nation wide. Just doesn’t make sense to me.
Pros
Great pay, free beer
Cons
Overworked, doesn’t take employees needs and idea’s seriously.
Great Company, Fun Atmosphere!
Word Processing/Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 7, 2018
I spent 10 years with DLR and really enjoyed it there. I learned a lot and was encouraged to train myself in any way to increase my efficiency in my daily tasks.

It was my first experience working in the A/E industry and I really enjoyed the personalities and talents of the other employees.

I would definitely recommend DLR as a great place to work!
Pros
Fun atmosphere, community involvement
Cons
None.
Big/small company
Project Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Fast paced, large company. Organized national leadership, but confusing and unclear local management and help. Best fit for people just putting in 8 hours and walk out.
Pros
large company, small office feel
Cons
hard to find real local eadership
Great Company
Associate level in the firm (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 12, 2017
DLR Group provided excellent opportunity to learn the industry, grow with the company, advancement, great people,morals, values & integrity. however long days at the office.
Pros
Lots of Opportunity
Cons
Overwork staff
Had Beer Fridays
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 15, 2017
Every Friday we had different beers to enjoy on Friday afternoons that employees could partake in. I liked the fact that they had offices everywhere and could assist or take on projects from other areas. I was unable to continue employment due to family issues and had to move to South Dakota to deal with them and would still be working there if I hadn't. People where very friendly and a good environment to work in. Due to smaller MEP Engineering Staff at location. Projects seemed to be fast pace, but overall, Excellent place to work.
Pros
One Stop Consulting firm
Cons
Could have long hours if you are not careful
strong and engaged workplace culture
Architecture Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2017
everyone works hard, but a strong and engaged workplace culture creates a fun workplace environment. the benefits are excellent and the amount of PTO offered is great.
Great place to work with opportunity to grow
Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2017
There are many opportunities to excel within the company, and many opportunities to express oneself through design and in a leadership aspect. The company rewards selflessness and dedication.
Pros
Free lunch, growth, design
Cons
Technology
Excellent
Architectural Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2017
Excellent environment for architects with a great vibe between seniors and junior colleague. Highly efficient design team working professionally.......
Great Fun Enviroment, Mentorship needs work
Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  OmahaMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed most of my experience with DLR Group. But I wish there was better mentoring and career planning available. But they do have a kegorator, so that's pretty nice.
great place to work
Junior Architect (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 28, 2017
DLR Group
Is a great place to work , i learned a lot about big scale commercial projects like Hillton hotels and big box stores . the most enjoyable part of the job was learning from the best in the business .
great place to work
Electrical drater (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 5, 2017
Good place to work and grow experience the felling of family and comforting. I new it was a real blessing to work there I have kept in contact with more then any other job I was sad I had to go work some where else.
A very fun and inviting environment but.....
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 3, 2016
the work flowed like a river, the people were great to work with. But the compensation in regards to health care benefits were expensive and not very attractive. It is blue cross/ blue shield of Nebraska if you wish to investigate for yourself. It is a great company, but I suggest you aim high in negotiating pay to offset the cost of health care.
Monthly staff meetings are enjoyable with plenty of food to eat.
Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 25, 2015
A positive working environment. Staff are friendly and approachable. Office staff are hardworking professionals. Flexible work schedules help with job work/ life balance.
Productive work enviornment
Client Liaison (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 7, 2012
Marketing and developing the educational sector in Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. Coordination with other division sector leaders on a daily basis, leading weekly business development meetings, working directly with a marketing coordinator developing statement of qualifications for potential clients, pursue and track business leads, maintain contact with key clientele, coordinate, organize and represent firm at conferences, lead proposal and interview prep meetings for prospective new projects, represent firm at events and activities within the community, develop relationships with competing firms outside of the Kansas City boundaries, assist in bond consensus promotion.
Pros
opportunity to meet and develop relationships with a ton of new peoplee
Cons
management control issues, too many chiefs and not enough indians
Enjoyed all the people I worked with. Great place to work.
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 7, 2012
I would scan files into the computer system. I helped with filing. Ran reports. Main job was Imaging. I would help out where ever they needed me.
Pros
i became good friends with some of my co-workers.
Cons
sometimes it was a little stressful.