DM BURR GROUP Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Fun work place
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Redford, MIJuly 15, 2018
I worked for them for 4 years now never had any problems with them I love working for them the people I work with are ok but could be better but the customers are really awesome....!
Pros
You have no one down your back..
Cons
The people you work with...!
It was a job
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 5, 2018
It paid the bills, with the overtime I was able to work, my family and I were abel to live comfortably. I learned many skills at this place of employment, which will allow me to move further in my career as a custodian.
Pros
Free lunches when school is in session. Plenty of overtime if good at job
Cons
Lack of advancement
Loved the hours but hate the pay
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed working for The DM Burr Group. The job was easy but the money didn't pay off. I would work 40+ hours to only bring home $700 every 2 weeks and it may seem like a lot but when you have a family to provide for it can be stressful.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Laid back, dependent workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ortonville, MIJune 12, 2018
I loved working for dm burr, cleaning ortonville schools. The people I worked with were amazing, and so was my boss at the time. I was sad to leave when I had to, and would love to go back and work for them again.
Terrible
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 1, 2018
I’ve worked there for over a year now the management is terrible in Farmington district and I’ve been judged over worked and disrespected I will never work here again
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Over worked being judged in the schools just messed up
very fast paced
Boiler Technician (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed working there until I was reassigned
I was the supervisor of 5 employees
I talked with management daily in regards to any repairs needed
Pros
got off early
Cons
barley breaks
Not a good company to work for Troy district is horrible the account manager don't know what she is doing she put to much work on the afternoon person
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Troy DistrictApril 5, 2018
The Management is horrible and they let the day shift get away with everything and they put too much work on the afternoon staff and Day shift staff is very lazy and there communication is horrible not a good company to work for. Get better Management staff and account manager for Troy District if they do that they will keep employees and get a crew to set up for program not the afternoon staff that they only give eight hours to clean but give ten or more hours worth of work
Pros
Ok pay could be more
Cons
It was just a pay check
Unfair
Guard (Former Employee) –  Flint, miMarch 3, 2018
I liked the site i was assigned to, but was mislead all along being told there was room for growth, advancement and constantly told they were working on raises. Constantly told i was doing an excellant job for 2 year. Then after a meeting about raises that i waited for to be told "its just not in the budget" Dead end job !!! Supervisors dont care!!
Pros
Site i was assigned to
Cons
They dont care about you at all. No credit or appreciation
Horrible!!!
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Eastpointe, MIFebruary 9, 2018
I worked for dm burr for 2 in a half years management horrible!! Leads are horrible and supervisors horrible don't work for this company it's a dead end!!!!!
Pros
Not good
Cons
Not good
Awful management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Goodrich, MIFebruary 8, 2018
The job it’s self isn’t a bad job at all. I actually really enjoyed it, but the supervisor was the complete worst. Always lying and complaining about things that didn’t get done but never attempted to help out. if she got fired and they got somebody new in there i would gladly return. In the month and a half i worked there they’ve lost 7 people including myself due to the supervisor thinking she’s somebody special and treating her employees like garbage.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Awful supervisor
Dm burr group
Custodian (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 4, 2018
Great company to work for, fair and understanding company to work for. Fast paced at times, relaxed at others. Fair pay. Caring and team work co workers
Great environment with the right attitude
Head Custodian (Current Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIDecember 24, 2017
I currently am a Lead custodian at Lake Orion schools. It is a great company to work for. With good work ethic and a positive attitude your hard work does not go unnoticed. Your coworkers are always willing to lend a helping hand when needed. As long as you are willing to complete any task at hand there is room for advancement in the company.
Pros
Great coworkers, health insurance, weekends off, overtime, decent wages, good work environment.
Cons
Management tends to be a little relaxed on communication but it is getting better
productive workplace
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 19, 2017
I enjoy customer service. I get alone with everyone. I am a fast paste worker. Very reliable and dependable. I have with my current job for 5 yrs. I have learned a lot.
I enjoyed DM Burr
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 18, 2017
It was overall nice. The clients that I cleaned for were polite and courteous. The work was fairly easy, but the only concern was how many hours was given.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No paid time off
Not worth it
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MINovember 15, 2017
I would never advise anyone to work for this cheap company. Workers are treated very bad and are paid horribly. The principle at one of the elementry school sites is known to constantly yell at the custodians and berate them. There were numerous occasions when this was reported. Upper management doesn't care about their custodians overall safety or general well being. If you don't mind being worked like a dog, recieving screwed up pay checks, or treated like you were scum, then just go right ahead and apply. You'll most certainly regret it.
Pros
Cons
High and useless healthcare, low pay, overworked
Its a Job
Custodian/ Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 30, 2017
The pay can always be higher but with cleaning jobs its typical to be under paid. But if you need a job to hold you over go ahead and apply but dont get comfortable. Trust!
Pros
Gift cards on thanksgiving
Cons
Medical insurance super high, poorly managed with lazy coworkers
Horrible company to work for
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Sault Sainte Marie, MIMay 27, 2017
Long hours and always moving you without asking if you want to be moved to another location. Also the company will throw you under the bus and not back you up or even tal to you about what happened they only care about them selves. Also there is no room for advancement or any pay raise I was there a Lil under a year and never seen a raise.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Horrible management in head office
DM Burr
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  River Rouge, MIMay 26, 2017
DM was a great place to work I got a chance to work around many different ages of kids and other people as well I had a great experience there and I would go back.
The kids made the environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Swartz Creek, MIMay 19, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Really enjoyed the kids and the teachers. The hardest part of the job was working around extra activities while still trying to get everything done.
Fun place to be
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Clio, MIMay 4, 2017
Teachers treating me really good and students always made be laugh work is not equal to the pay I did matiance job because if I didn't fix it it would not of got done.
Pros
Great staff at the school
Cons
Benefits suck and so does office personnel