DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital Employee Reviews

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 26, 2019
a complex population of all ages to treat allowing you to grow in your career, supportive staff with great learning opportunities in all fields from cardiac to stroke
March 27, 2019

Thank you for that feedback! We're glad your role provided growth opportunities.

They don’t work with your availability
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 9, 2019
Poor communication unprofessional. Nurse hunt you down on breaks. Unstaffed. 1 or 2 PCA to 36 patients. Self patients are only given to nurse and total patient care patients are given to the PCA. They don’t work with your availability. Work place is very stressful.
Pros
Paid
Cons
Everybody for themselves
January 11, 2019

Along with our employees, our patients we serve are of utmost importance to us. Of course, however, we appreciate your feedback and are always looking for good talent. Please feel free to direct all referrals to our career site at jobs.tenethealth.com.

Review
Announcer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 3, 2018
This is a workplace that people push and strive to help the community. Leadership has your back as long as you are keeping up on your end at the end of the day.
December 4, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you're so happy in your role.

This company under appreciates their employees
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 12, 2018
I was a dedicated employee to this company for nearly 15 years and I was not allowed to voice my concerns without the management retaliating against me
October 13, 2018

Thank you for voicing your concerns. We appreciate the feedback and we will share it with management.

Excellent Hospital
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 18, 2018
Excellent Hospital and staff that maintains the best patient care experience with integrity. Great place to further your healthcare career. Doctors and nurses are team players. Very compassionate staff and family driven environment.
Pros
Efficient Care
Cons
High Volume
September 19, 2018

nothing much to say
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 11, 2018
i learned alot from this company there's nothing i would change about my experience there. i spent 3 plus years years there before i decided to leave.
Pros
met alot of different people
August 12, 2018

Thank you for the review. We're thrilled you were so happy in your role.

Its a nice place to work
Staff Nurse Preadmission Testing (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 8, 2018
I am able to maintain a great work and life balancing life; the compensation and benefits are great. No job security because Michigan is a at will state.
August 9, 2018

Thank you for your positive review! At DMC Sinai-Grace, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Productive and fun workplace
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MichiganAugust 8, 2018
Great place to work with lots of friendly helpful people who are as eager to learn everything new that comes her way. The management is nice but they are stern and serious about patient well being and health.
Rn
REGISRED NURSE (Current Employee) –  DEROITJune 29, 2018
A typical day, my patient want to leave against medical advice, I got to talk to the patient and ask why she decides to leave. at the end of the day I discovered my patient was in pain, but was she thinking she was not going to be given. I paged the Doctor and get an order for pain meds. that solved the problem.
workplace culture call light are answered within a minutes by any staff.
the hardest part when patient can not be helped. Example, when patient is confused and refuses medications that will make him/her better.
I enjoy seeing my patient improvement after rendering both medical and nursing management
June 30, 2018

Career day
Registered Nurse Medical-Surgical (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 16, 2018
Assess patient, family, employee and environment of care strengths and weaknesses to determine appropriate action plan. Develop a detailed plan of care. Communicates with patients, families, subordinate staff and peers. Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees. Evaluates the effectiveness of plans and interventions to promote optimum achievement of established goals. Collaborates formally and informally with other members of the healthcare team. Establishes relationships with professionals in other healthcare and community organizations to develop strong partnerships that support improved patient outcomes.
Pros
Team work
May 18, 2018

I love my job and the people I work with, but it is difficult to advance or obtain a pay raise.
Emergency Medicine Research (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 24, 2018
Overall average:
No paid time off
Long break (1 hour)
Great atmosphere
Fun interacting with patients
Average management
An unnecessary amount of meetings
April 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Great Place To Work
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 4, 2018
I started out as a unit clerk on the hemodialysis unit and I quickly learned the skills necessary to make myself more accessible throughout the hospital. The pay was competitive and the benefits were to match. You become familiar with your co-workers and patients easily, due to the relaxed environment.
Pros
401K, Possibility for overtime
April 5, 2018

The satisfaction of customer care and team work.,to be dependable, loyal & reliable.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 27, 2018
Working as an PCA is awesome experience to know the need of care and the and the ability to have the skill for the care. I admire the customers, employees, mangers & patients uniting together as a team. I will futher my education & also become a nurse in the future.
Pros
Teamwork, Respectful and Dependable
Cons
Short breaks, lack of care, ect
March 29, 2018

We appreciate your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital's success.

MY experience
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 21, 2018
I work all shifts and units since I am apart of the Nurse Resource Pool. That involves me being exposed to the entire hospital, which has been very helpful with furthering my education in the world of medicine.
February 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Sinai Grace
Patient Safety Attendant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 11, 2018
Sinai Grace is a great hospital to work. The employees are very nice and kind. The environment is very clean in neat. The nurses and doctors take very good care of patients and is one of the best
Ok for basic training
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 17, 2017
Great hospital to get your training initially. Advance is decent. Working with staff is awful. No help most of them time. Everything is the nurses fought. No accountability for ancillary staff.
Residency Clinic
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 28, 2017
The Department of Medicine downsized and my position was moved to the clinic instead of hospital administration. The clinic was poorly managed and the staff constantly bickered. I transferred to DMC Hutzel Hospital.
November 29, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Fast paced
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 10, 2017
This hospital was very uneasy to work for. The staff and management were unfair with scheduling and assignments. No opportunity for career advancement.
stressful at times
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 27, 2017
My job is stressful at time you have good and bad day but the overall company put to much on employees meaning we work with less employees and causes us to be stress try to balance 13 patients plus everything else they ask to do.
September 28, 2017

Thank you for your honest feedback. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Challenging and Quick-Pace
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 19, 2017
A typical day in ED could be the death of a baby a month old to six months, the death of an adult, and victims of assaults. This hospital is a Clinical Pastoral Education Center, which provided me an opportunity to learn about me and grow as a pastor in areas of competency, reflection, and formation. Management was contently changing as there was two CEO’s and an interim CEO in the two years that I trained as a Chaplain. However, My immediate manager was quite a mature person in age, but her theology helped me solidify my position. The hardest part of my training was keeping information about the death of their love from them when I knew that their loved one was dead. Nevertheless, the information had to go through the proper protocol, which I always followed. Knowing that I satisfied the patient’s spiritual needs brought me joy.
Pros
Had the opportunity to learn common people.
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital Reviews by Location