DNA Diagnostics Center Employee Reviews

The pay is not worth the stress.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMarch 3, 2019
No advancement, Managment will not have your best interest in mind, only theirs. Lies and cover ups. I didn't make enough to come into an environment everyday. I can't comment on the new CEO. Hopefully he will fix everything!
Pros
Food Truck options during spring and summer.
Cons
Managment.
dna diagnostics center.
Webmaster (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 6, 2018
We treat every client with care and respect because we know that every DNA testing situation is unique and personal. Thousands of families every year trust DDC with their DNA testing needs. Our commitment is to help you find answers to life’s most important questions.
Management is great
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHSeptember 17, 2018
I highly recommend working here if you don't mind working at a small call center. Supervisors are great and staff is amazing. A very busy but fun atmosphere!
A difficult place to work due to lack of resources
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMarch 24, 2018
The company has many areas.

My area has good people, but in my opinion we are hindered by lack of resources to perform our job to the best of our ability.

The management in my area does the best they can, but they are also hampered by lack of resources.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Lack of resources
Ddc
Business Development (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 12, 2018
I was a consultant to the company and they have always treated me fairly. Fast-paced environment with lots of moving pieces. Given the size of the organization, in my opinion, the workload was heavy for each individual. Not necessarily a negative, but more internal support is always appreciated.
Stressfull workplace with unhappy employees
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2018
I worked with this company for a few years. I worked in the data entry area. The managers are unprofessional and lacking in knowledge. You are expected to work hours over your 8, with no thanks, while the managers leave as soon as they can. Everyone there is unhappy and stressed out. Pay is terrible and don't expect much of a raise, no matter how well you performed the previous year.
Benefits
Cons
No chance for advancement, poor management
Growing company
Senior Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 8, 2017
DDC is a solid company in a growing category. Their leadership team is focused on growth and efficiently driving sales by focusing on digital marketing.
Pros
Variety of duties
Cons
Poor communication with mid and lower levels.
Too stressful
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHSeptember 7, 2017
Overall a good company to work for but tends to put more work on you with no more pay. The people make the job worth it. Career advancement is very limited with this company
Interesting environment
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMay 31, 2017
Mid sized company with a small company feel. Co-workers are great, culture is inviting. There is a relaxed dress code. New products are being tested and rolled out to market. Very exciting place to work!
Pros
Free Parking
I learned so much
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHDecember 30, 2016
I really enjoyed learning so much about DNA and improving my call center skills. The training was fantastic and very extensive. The trainer gave us all the tools we needed when we got on the floor. Management could have been better.
Great Place to Get Work Experience
Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 24, 2016
I am currently employed at DDC and it is a great place to work. I have learned a lot throughout the industry as well as great selling techniques that will assist me in being very successful here
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Very Strict, no room for error
productive work environment
Paternity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2015
I write out paperwork and then collect the customers DNA. I also fill, fax and take calls on a multi-phone line. I like a clean and organized work area.
Pros
Friendly work place
Cons
Part time work
client service and retail
client service CSR (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, ohioSeptember 13, 2015
I worked in both client service and retail. Both jobs are stressful and the customers are jerks. I liked my coworkers and some management. They have free lunches sometimes and used to have Christmas parties but stopped that last year. The pay was the worst, raises are small and they offered overtime but so many people need it it was hard to get more than 4 hours of it. If they paid more, more employees will stay.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, allowed to wear jeans, day shift
Cons
hourly pay was very low, banned smoking on property
Average Place To Work, but Getting Better ....
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiJanuary 18, 2015
I made some great money in SALES, but changing to an earlier shift was very difficult, though not impossible. If you interview here, ask about the "buckets" and how management decides who gets which calls from each "bucket". Job security was good, as the company is growing. I was in a job where I had to cold call and so the warm leads were great to have. Also, you'll be asked to voluntarily work holidays even though you already don't see your kids because you already work until 8 pm. So, job security was good, but advancement opportunity was not.

The culture was professional and people were efficient.

Kudos were lacking unless you are among the handful of super high volume producers who've been there for YEARS. Sadly, you can do 99 things right here, but management will only point out the 1 thing that you did wrong.

It seemed that the negativity was not as bad towards the end - so I'd say that it is an average place to work - but getting better.
Pros
Professional, Growing Company
Cons
Pessimistic Managers
has potential to be a good place...
Client Service rep (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 30, 2014
I worked in the client service dept. My coworkers were nice and helpful. The atmosphere in the service dept was pressuring and not enjoyable compared to the scheduling dept where they sat next to us. I think it comes down to your direct supervisor, the team lead, on how they make the atmosphere. Beware of the team lead in that department though, he can make you feel uncomfortable with what he says or comments about your appearance, and even the way he stands at your desk when you have a question. I would hear him say some very inappropriate things to my coworkers. If HR is aware, then shame on them for having some one like that as a supervisor.
Aside from that, the rest of the staff, mixture of males and females, are very nice, helpful, always have a smile and joke around and lighten the mood. There are a lot of dept pot lucks and it drains your wallet. Overall, the company does a lot for employees like buying lunch or little things like wearing jeans on special days. It has potential to be great, just needs cleaned up.
Pros
free lunches, nice upper management, compensation for sales
Cons
no room to improve, pressure to answer calls, quantity not quality
A great place to work during the years I was there!
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHOctober 2, 2014
I worked several different departments while at this laboratory which included Client Services, Patient Scheduling, Marketing, and the Laboratory area. I learned a lot about the legal system with regard to paternity testing. Management was great and open to suggestions of how the business could be improved upon. My co-workers were, for the most part, very responsible and worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was learning how to schedule with outside laboratories to have patient specimens collected for testing. I very much enjoyed the extra attention to detail since test results were legal documents that were often presented in a court of law.
Very interesting company to work for
Senior Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 22, 2014
Fast paced environment. Typical day at work was that you never knew what the day was going to bring. Management was always there to help when you needed help. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was making sure you gave the patient all the information needed for their appointment and that they showed up for their appointment. Most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly staff and co-workers.
Just a name
Customer sales (Current Employee) –  fairfield, ohApril 15, 2014
I got into this company thinking that it would be a wonderful company to work with and with nice people. The culture is not really there. It's all about the money and not for the employees. Heard that the previous owners were a lot more understanding and considerate of its employees. It's okay if you just want a job but there really isn't any room for advancement. Just a lateral movement. There really is some segregation in employees in some of the departments. A lot of clicks have formed so better be wise to know who you want to group with. Mostly among female employees. They hire and fire a lot too. Pros : they do like to celebrate events a lot and are pretty generous with company luncheons.
Pros
Lots of company celebration like christmas lunches.
Cons
Employee segregration in certain departments, not very family oriented, no room for advancement and pay is just minimal
Best in the business
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 6, 2014
DNA Diagnostics Center is a company that provides great quality products. The company is efficient. However there is not a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
Mon-Fri
Cons
Pay and advancement opportunities
Negative growth
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 3, 2013
Poor senior management with low vision and communication issues. Growth opportunities only available to male associates. Industry positioning could be stronger with right leadership. Good industry to be in if you can wade through the politics at this one.

Very poor HR department. Benefits, holidays and sick time on the low end.

Cons
Healthcare, Pto, Does not advance employees.