DNV
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

DNV Employee Reviews

United States150 reviews

Innovative and hard work

Efforts being made to value diversity have been onboarded in some parts of the company, but not others. There is a huge difference between how people are treated depending on which part of the organization one sits in, especially in the US.

Great Company to Work

If I lived in Houston, TX. I would definitely consider returning to work at GNV. Great supportive management support. Cares about the people that work for the company.

Pros

Great work balance

Cons

N/a

DNV insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Fun place to work

Work was demanding, but it was a fun place to work. Work life balance is truly the only thing that needs to be addressed for the auditors. No other complaints.

Good place to learn, develop and grow as a professional.

Company has gone through numbers of changes over the year, some of them had a good impact and some not so much. Your experience in the company very much depends on which region you are working and which office has the management power. If you end up with short sighted ones then working here would not be satisfactory anymore. Company has some very good values but not every management in the company is walking to talk especially on "we care" aspects.

Pros

great colleagues with lots of experience and knowledge, good learning opportunities

Cons

short sighted management, managers who are not following on company values, bureaucracy

Great company but things have changed

This is a great company with a strong history and sense of purpose. It is a matrix organization and more bureaucracy to deal with than would be expected. A lot has changed over the years and it is not the same company it used to be but still a good company. Leadership is compassionate in the way it cares for their people, but do not compensate as you would expect for a company this size, namely in leadership roles.

Love it here

This is a place I can feel safe working in and as a business I feel like I am building a career in EMV. It feels good to work for company that is focused on climate change.

Pros

Fun projects, job security

Cons

Low pay, bad work-life balance

Low pay

The bonuses are a joke. Pay doesn’t match work responsibility. Management is great although it depends on each department. If you’re lucky you will get a nice manager.

Good

Good company to work for ( dnv gl ) headoffice in norway , has different sectorsGreat healthcareGreat ppl and management Good environmentWork life balance

Pros

Medical insurance

Company with a great purpose and projects, but lack on career plan

DNV is a company full of purpose. You will find great people working here, and likely to learn a lot. However, DNV does not have a clear career plan defined, and you may be stuck in the same role for years.

Pros

Environment, exciting challenges

Cons

Lack of a career plan. Compensation below market

Productive and fun place

A wonderful company to work with and amazing Project managers ,colleagues. A fun place and great location. The company provides great resources for learning.

Pros

Free drinks and fruits, great location and office.Resources to learn

Cons

Lay offs

No valoran los buenos empleados

La nueva modalidad de ellos es despedirte sin una razón valida, no son nada profesional te despiden o te dicen que no pasasteis el training por mensajes de texto. Prefieren personal impuntual, poco profesional y con mala actitudes. La verdad quede indignada con esta compañía.

Pros

Nada

Cons

No hay descanso y las personas toman posiciones que no les corresponde

Great culture and noble goals

The renewables group is dedicated to ushering in the energy transition. The people are passionate and knowledgeable. Benefits and 401k matching are great. Pay is low compared to similar positions at other companies.

I work there in the middle East

It is good international company, I spent there for about 10 years. I only faced some problem with management when GL and DNV decided to be one company.

Great place to work, great culture

Friendly staff, focus on people is very high. There is a culture of growth mindset and mindfulness

Bold vision

Regular change is a key part of the culture. Merger/acquisitions, reorgs. Plenty of opportunities to take your career in new directions. Biggest challenge at the moment is competing in the market on price. The bold vision and global organization add to overhead and don't always translate to additional customer value.

Words can’t describe.

This is the best and the worse job I’ve ever had. The world of DNV is very different. Different isn’t wrong, but if you give the different some time to set in. You won’t leave.

Set up for failure

There is no pathway to success. The unit is incredibly understaffed and there are multiple layers of "management" that do nothing but give directives. Very toxic work environment that encourages lying and passing the buck over teamwork.

Pros

Good Co-workers

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, low pay, uncaring management

Great company but feels too big.

I started there in 2009. Things were small but we were bought out/merged with two other companies. The merge seemed to make us look even smaller than we were before. Our outfit in Montana slowly dwindled over time until covid hit and operations were halted completely.In my position I traveled the state performing energy audits for utility customers. I loved meeting new people and seeing the state. Living in a hotel room 3 nights a week got old, but it was part of the job. The benefits were outstanding at this job. I was given two weeks of vacation the first year and 8 days of sick leave per a year. The insurance was always affordable. I was paid fairly for what I did, and worked 4 day work weeks. Can't complain about that! There was little room for growth in my position. My manager had a very hands off approach, which I appreciated.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Little room for advancement

Good training

The training and work experience offered in DNVGL is second to none. Interesting things worked on all the time. Work life balance is a bit tricky when the work in Maritime picks up.

Pros

Work and opportunities

Cons

Low work life balance

Good bad and ugly

Terrible management but the pay and benefits were good. Advancement opportunities are lacking and they seem to push the incompetent individuals up into management.

Pros

Good wage.

Cons

Management sucks

Great Company!

I was employed as a contractor through a staffing agency. Best company ever! The management team was very helpful and success driven. I enjoyed my time at DNV-GL.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DNV. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare DNV with

DNV reviews by popular job title

• DNV