Do it Best Corp. Employee Reviews

Horrible working conditions that endangered employees
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHApril 16, 2019
The warehouse is a mess and is extremely disorganized. There were cases where entire aisles would be blocked off due to other employees which impacted pick rate leading to managers chewing you out for taking too long. Also, part-time employees only have 3 days of vacation a year unpaid. This company sees you as an expendable person that can be used up and then discarded as soon as they are done with you.
Pros
Free meal every once in a while
Cons
Dangerous work environment, limited time off, and poor managment
All great
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 26, 2019
Everything was great at do it best corp.i enjoyed working with there products there was plenty of room for mark up and profit. No hassle return policy you are very busy there is a large selection nice products nice variety brought in nice people it was a great Corporation managed well I enjoyed it very much thank you
Pros
Loved it
Cons
More money
A nice place to work if you like big companies.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 23, 2019
Similar to most large companies. Very hierarchical management structure. Somewhat political. Wages OK. A nice place to work if you like large companies.
Great Integrity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 2, 2018
DIB is was a great place to work, no complaints. I was always treated fair and always felt the company was very honest and had their customers well being always in mind when decisions were made
Verry good pay too much favoritism.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, NVNovember 29, 2018
The managers in the company only value certain people and make it very obvious to the entire workplace. Other then that this is a great place to work.
Pros
pay/benifits
Cons
management
Hard work environment with not a lot of compensation
Store helper/Back dock (Current Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDNovember 24, 2018
Working at Do it Best can be very relaxed when it’s slow but very stressful and fast paced when it’s busy. When it’s slow your asked to stay focused on maintaining all of the equipment and serving any customers who come by. When it’s busy your asked to serve multiple customers while also doing your best to maintain any equipment as quickly as you can.
Pros
Hour long lunch, can be very relaxed, no drug test
Cons
Minimum wage salary, no benefits
A Stressful Monotony
Order Filler/General Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 22, 2018
Do it Best pays well, but that is the only real upside to working there. The work is mind-numbingly repetitive and tedious. Shifts are not set and the employees go home when the days work is finished, which can mean 12 hour shifts during the summer season when business picks up. It's a good job for those without experience, but again--the pay is the only real reason to work there.
Fast_paced Job
High Reach Operator (Current Employee) –  New York StateSeptember 14, 2018
Is a good Company on Benefits and a really established Management group to keep the Distribution Center organized. A lot of Family EVents thru-out the year, and many gifts in behalf of the company, The Benefits on the Insurances are pretty positive.
Pros
Family Activities
Cons
Short Breaks, Too much Overtime
Fun and good experience place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTAugust 22, 2018
Management was very helpful and knowledge on all areas and good customer service.also team management plus deliver product during slow peaks the manager was very helpful that you got the hours you need plus the experience to grow to learn all area
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJuly 27, 2018
Weather inside matches outside weather. Management is not homosexual friendly. But good pay and steady work. Coworkers are nice. Very physical job, you must be able to walk fast.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Weather
A solid work experience
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Dixon, ILJune 2, 2018
Labor intensive, but overall a rewarding experience. 10 hour days on average, but the days go by pretty quickly. Meet good people, make friends, very enjoyable work experience.
Pros
Paid for stretching
Cons
Long Hours
Good pay, Horrible management
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJanuary 29, 2018
You make really good money and the benefits are great but the management team is horrible. They never take suggestions from the people actually doing the job. They work long hours in the summer and its extremely hot
Pros
Insurance, discounts
Cons
Leadership, hours, heat
Good place to work.
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Medina, OhioJanuary 27, 2018
They gave me a lot of time to try and get my medical issues worked out and held my job open for 18 months before replacing me. They also offer profit sharing retirement from the day you start!
Pros
Lunch was 30 minutes and got 2 ten minute breaks also.
Cons
Cold get cold in winter.
Friendly fair and competitive
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Bloomsdale, MO, ste. Genevieve mo, farmington moJanuary 15, 2018
Do it Best Corp provides a safe competitive work environment. My employer and the management of the stores I worked for were friendly and generally nice people. The contractor's we delivered for received their products without delay and for the most part were pleased with the services we provided.
Pros
40 hour work week guarantee
Cons
Hour long lunch break
Easy to make money at do it best
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 17, 2017
Reson why I like working at Do it best is that its an easy job. Also I get out early so I can enjoy my personal life. I love my boss because he can give me more hours I need it.
Pros
get out of work early also free stuff
Cons
its hot sometimes
Fast Paced and Easy
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, ORSeptember 27, 2017
It's a good place for anyone to start off and gain experience in the work force. The people are somewhat friendly. The managers aren't really involved much with the workers as in having personal meetings to review and improve your work. I enjoy working here, but I don't see myself retiring here.
Pros
Good benefits, profit sharing, productivity bonuses, event
Cons
5AM start time, constant movement, labor
fast paced
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOSeptember 14, 2017
takes a while to get full time, managers pick who they like, but overall great money! very fast paced and the employees try to work together to get done and finish everyday on time.
Great coworkers, iffy management
Runner (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 22, 2017
For the most part, I loved working there. The people I worked with were always nice and easy to get along with. The only downside was my boss' habit of randomly cutting hours and forgetting to tell the employees their hours were cut before they arrived.
Pros
Great regular customers
Cons
No chance for over time
What a joke.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHAugust 13, 2017
This place is horrible. Unless your friends with/ dating a manager, you can and will be fired. The over time is INSANE!!! You will work looooong hard hours while management stays in their offices talking on the phone to family and each other. The managers regularly let you know you are easily replaced and actually ENCOURAGE you to quit.
Pros
Money
Fun Place to Work
Safety Internship (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 6, 2017
It was fun to get up and go to work everyday, with people that wanted the same thing as everyone else to go to work and go home at the end of the day. Safety was and should be a big deal at Do It Best