Doble Engineering Employee Reviews

Stuck In The Disco Era Mentality
Compliance (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 21, 2018
Was hired to create a new division and received little to no support. Zero training when hired and only went to the corporate office 3 times in almost a year. Zero sales commitment to the new business unit.
Pros
Great Benefits, FlexTime
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Training, Poor support from Sales/Marketing, Poor Communications
over worked
Buyer / R&D / Production Tech (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 4, 2018
place is good to work for but over work workers
managers dont listen to problems that occur
positions are given to people who dont qualify
managers have there favorites how can you have a tech who cant fill out his own paper work read or write english quick fix give it to the guy that knows and over work him
Rude Managers and HR
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 29, 2018
The managers for Doble Engineering are rude and condescending. Doble is the definition of "management covers management". HR is only concerned with the needs of the management and not the regular staff.
Worst company for hourly employees
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAMarch 20, 2018
If the building closes for a storm or emergency, only hourly people have to take vacation time. Management doesn't get along, merit doesn't get rewarded and if you disagree with a supervisor, you get called in and spoken too. This is factory mentality.
Doble Engineering - Watertown, MA
Contract Recruiter - (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 31, 2018
As a contractor, the employees were very easy to work with and appeared to enjoy working at Doble Engineering, many having worked most of their career at the company. The managers were all dedicated to their work and teams, very professional, personable and knowledgeable in their fields. In general the company has a good working environment..
Pros
cafeteria on premise
Cons
Older building, not many modern ammenities
Everything is dated
Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MADecember 11, 2017
Not your "contemporary" type of work place. Infrastructure is dated and counterproductive. Lots of legacy employees with great historical info but also an unwillingness to learn and move forward. Stuck in their ways. Change is not acceptable. Entitled and stuck in the "old ways".
Pros
Nice coworks
Cons
Technology, infrastructure
Great Compensation Package
Software Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 14, 2017
The compensation package, across the board is attractive. Great 401k and stock options, great health insurance, great dental insurance, great (free) life insurance.
Productive and fun environment
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 28, 2017
This is a place that excels at what they do. Friendly work environment, very fast paced laboratory setting, and little to no conflict was experienced during my time there.

The management staff is great, very eager to listen and help you with whatever you need.

Co-workers are very friendly and since a lot of time was spent together in the same space, I grew very close to them, the term work family is an accurate depiction of the situation.

There are plenty of opportunities of advancement within the company itself as long as one is willing to put in the time an effort to make yourself known.
Can and usually is a very stressful place.
SOFTWARE QUALITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 23, 2017
Stress, stress, stress this is the mantra of my last days here. Considering I worked here for 33 years, I feel I have a good overview. I found myself in a catch 22, the more stress I felt under, the less I could concentrate on the business at hand. So the pace of events went, until they found enough cause to "release" me.

Co-workers, managers I had a history with, customers I dealt with, and other people that popped in and out of my work life were almost invariably good, helpful people tha I would gladly work with again.t
Pros
low level management and co-workers were very good people to work with
Excellent place to work
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MA, USAJanuary 29, 2016
Doble is a great place and is full of opportunities. They have a huge database full of technical paper and cases of study related to almost any Power Apparatus. Great management and work environment and the best part is that there is no limits, if you desire to learn about an specific topic, you will have a green light and all the documentation available.
Pros
Excellent database and a lot of expertise.
Cons
Sometimes there is no communication between management and employees
nice
Assistant chef (Current Employee) –  watertown,maFebruary 12, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Internship
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Watertown MAJune 20, 2013
Co-workers were readily available to ask questions and get more experience with techniques being used. Was a summer internship which helped transition me into a full-time chemist position.
Pros
Learned a lot about certain techniques
Cons
Was only for a summer
Oil-testing and learning useful lab techniques
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAFebruary 19, 2013
I loved this job! I came in every day to help with oil testing and learn any new method that would be useful to obtain data about the different oil samples. My supervisor was a very amiable person who gave me increasing responsibility of maintaining the lab when most people had left. I enjoyed every aspect of oil testing because I was in a scientific environment where I gained a lot of confidence in my ability to perform techniques precisely and according to protocol. The hardest part of the job was returning home at 9 or 10 at night.
Pros
learning new lab techniques, working in a scientific environment, helpful supervisor
Cons
returning home at night
Not a great place to work
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJuly 16, 2012
Doble is not employee friendly. Too many managers and they don't respect the employees