Doctor On Demand

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Positions magically cease to exist

In the short time I have been with the company several positions have just ceased to exist without any real particular rhythm or reason. Not a lot of flexibility with shift times either.

Great flexibility

Flexible work hours and good benefits. You set your own days and hours. EMR system is very intuitive and easy to use. Good support for any technology issues that arise.

Run away fast.

Work environment is awful, unless you like being on egg shells all the time. Breaks and lunch are at an assigned time and are expected to be taken at that exact time. Must inform coworkers when you need to go to the bathroom like kindergarten.

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

Too many to list

Fulfilling work and Talented, Motivated People

The company is mission-driven and has a unique place in the marketplace. People here really care about fulfilling the mission and making data-driven decisions. Diversity and equitable representation varies at different levels of the company, but is a huge opportunity. Overall, the company genuinely cares about revolutionizing healthcare. Most non-clinical employees are split between the midwest and SF and at times, this can make the company values ambiguous (especially at the org level). The SF-based teams are more "silicon valley"-like, and the midwest team cultures can be more conservative and less in touch with contemporary companies, so choose your team wisely.

Pros

Benefits, work-life balance, cross-functional collaboration, mission-driven

Cons

Lack of consistent values/culture in some teams, lack of racial/cultural diversity in middle management

The company is very supportive and help prepare us to do our jobs efficiently and effectively.

I really enjoy working for Doctor On Demand and hope to continue to grow in knowledge and move up in the company. I mostly appreciate the teamwork and effort that everyone puts in to provide our patients and provide the best overall experience.

Pros

Working from home, compensation package, breaks, team work

Cons

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Great place to work with plenty of patients and flexibility

I’ve been working at DoD since 2015. It’s been a solid place of employment with great support, innovation, and a drive to be the best. There are some platform enhancements that need to be made to help providers but these are minor and don’t take away from the great work you can do. Lots of variety and flexibility and it allows me to be the professional and parent I want to be. Lovely people working here and a good group of strong clinicians. Lots of earning potential too with very little admin overhead and insurance headaches. Way better than running my own private practice.

Pros

High quality clinicians, lots of work/patients access, flexibility

Cons

Very busy at times

Good Company

I do contract work and I enjoy it very much. I feel the compensation is adequate. The online platform is somewhat buggy, but overall I am satisfied. They fix issues quickly. Support is good as well. I like speaking to them in person than sending emails. I’m not a huge fan of their scheduling system but I do enjoy the fact that I can work whenever I want to.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

Scheduling system

Patient centered left long before I got here

I came onboard and took a significant pay cut because I believed in helping patients with cutting edge technology. I learned very quickly that cutting edge technology is not in their playbook and patient messages and requestS were frequently ignored due to the high volume of work and gross understaffing. On top of that, some providers flat out disregarded messages and were more focused on volume instead of quality of care. Sadly, the more a patient gets irate, the quickly the issues got addressed. This is not how health care should function. Their patient facing iOS app is great, but it stops there, rather than bridging to autonomous, those bridges crash into a sloppy river of manual processes that no one understands, even the senior staff. They focus way too much on quality assurance on their employees, but ignore QA on mundane technical procedures that are completely inept and even hindering support.

Pros

In office had frequent free lunches, good team culture, plus work from home on semi decent hardware, good benefits, CEO cares about mission.

Cons

No work/life balance, operates in critical mode almost every shift, low pay, understaffed for workload.

Poor management

They train you and tell you and say no kids or noises and keep the doors shut and they have kids, Husband coming in the office all day and expect you to make calls with all of the distubances. Very unprofessional need I say more.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Would not recommend

Lack of communication, Lack of clear processes, Nepotism, Lies

You will feel unsupported, dealing with ambiguously written processes. You will be told one thing from one person and the opposite from another; then you will be written up or ignored for asking for a clear direction. You will not be given the tools to do your job. You will notice issue after issue in processes and software. You will constantly be working around that fact that it is not the correct application to care for patients. In the beginning you will care, but you will find that you have no one to turn to and no one will fix it. Then you find out patients don't matter anyways. You will stress about patients not getting their prescriptions or results for a month. You will work your tail off because you care. You will get OT, but you won't get a promotion. You will have many coworkers that just get hired because they are related to someone and then promoted. You will clean up their messes day after day. You will be reassigned due to new contracts the company has signed. Your role will be taken over by those relatives and you will never be given a plan or timeline. You will only be allowed to say positive things, so don't even try to help fix anything. Bringing issues to the forefront is considered negative and unprofessional. You will be treated rudely, ignored and lied to. You will love most of coworkers and bond on the nightmare that you are in everyday. Unprofessional management. Unprofessional, unclear, and rude training. This is not a medical company, nor is it a tech company. Doctor on Demand exists to collect money.

Pros

Work from Home

Cons

Everything else

Physician

There is no feedback. I had to ask for feedback as I wanted to sign in as a contracted MD from an IC. The medical Director wouldn’t come out and say why, but rather was dishonest about keeping me as an independent contractor. I worked EVERYDAY for 3 months seeing 40-60 pts daily.... just to be let go without cause. What company let’s you go without cause and can’t give you a reason or at least has the professional curtesy to give constructive feedback during the 8 months I was employed for DOD.... that’s just extremely poor leadship from a medical director (or shall I say lack there of).Pros - I love telemedicine. I think being able to help those from across the USA was rewarding. Most patients are so appreciative.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Absolutely ZERO support from management

Run far away

If you’re considering joining support in any role; don’t. Unless you are a member of management you’ll be treated poorly, expected to work every holiday (while they are home with theirs whenever they please) and will have very limited time off- though managers and supervisors have unlimited time off that they use OFTEN- and at the expense of lower level employees. God forbid you are sick or need time off, you’ll be “coached” about your attendance (even if you have the PTO to cover it) There is zero room for growing in support. If you want to be paid better you’ll need to leave the company or go to a different department entirely. Even if you do get a “promotion” you won’t be compensated for it- just expected to do more work with a title change. It is woefully understaffed at all times. They blame it on COVID but it’s always been this way. Prescriptions, notes, records are weeks and In some cases a month behind- and managers don’t care at all. The pay is poor all around. If you’re remote, they’ll just tell you that whatever your pay is -is “market rate” for your location, despite someone doing the same or a lesser job a state away making $10 more an hour. If you complain, or give any feedback that isn’t all sunshine, you will get berated by the “director” or completely ignored. Don’t make the mistake I did by joining this company.

Pros

Free doctor visits

Cons

Poor pay, poor management, understaffed, poor morale, horrible cukture

There were hardly any patients for me to see.

It sounded like a true dream job - getting up in the morning and going into your study to work and earn a living seeing telehealth patients all the while never leaving the comfort of home. I'm licensed in multiple states so I jumped at the opportunity. There was only one problem, though - I was getting very few patients and sometimes no patients at all. Typically, I sat 8-10 hours/day in an entire week and saw 4 patients by the end of the week. Since you're compensated per patient, this will make you very poor, very quickly. Needless to say, I have decided to move on to something else. I thought it was just too good to be true...

Working remotely, good operating structure, awesome reputation, helpful support staff

Dr on Demand is a highly reputable, trend setting company with strong leaders and a sense of community, despite remote work. I've been on board almost since the beginning, and have seen the continuous tweaks and innovations which have kept DOD at the forefront of telehealth. I'm proud to be a psychologist with this company!

Pros

Ever developing support and educational opportunities

Cons

adapting to a stronger demand can mean temporary glitches which then lead to improvements.

Fast-paced Startup

With many changes in leadership, it was difficult to navigate ever-evolving roles and responsibilities. There was turnover but that's expected at a startup. It was exciting if you're into the tech/medical field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doctor On Demand. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
4.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight
  • Doctor On Demand
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?