Doctors Care/UCI Medical Affiliates, Inc.

Doctors Care/UCI Medical Affiliates, Inc. Culture reviews

Radiological Technologist not Medical Assistant
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 18, 2018
If you're a Rad Tech who enjoys shooting xrays, this is not the place for you. I was informed during my interview that I would be functioning as an xray tech first and foremost, and that I would be expected to help out with drawing blood "when xray isnt busy". I was not told that xray is NEVER busy and that I would primarily be performing as a Medical Assistant - i.e. throat cultures, urine collection, fecal testing, drug screening and secretarial duties. The average number of xrays per day probably averaged three---in a 13hr shift. There is also an issue with providers who get upset when a Rad tech doesnt know how to do something they would have absolutely no experience in. When asking for clarification on a lab specimen order, one provider states "they didn't teach you how to do that in school *rolls eyes*". You're also expected to deliver lab results to patients over the phone, even if you have no idea how to answer the patients questions about said results: "google it". So, if you're an xray tech who hates lunch breaks and actually wants to be a medical assistant THIS IS YOUR DREAM JOB.
Pros
A job
Cons
No breaks, unrealistic expectations, poor staffing, lower end of pay scale
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 4, 2017
Great place to work at - goals and team building are fantastic - benefits were not affordable - no room for advancement or growth within the company - overall enjoyed my stay there
Fun workplace
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 9, 2017
Very busy nice place to work if you like a fast place type of work. Love the providers, the psr's and also my manager here she is great and understands when you have personal matters
Great doctors and PA's.
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 14, 2017
Great doctors and PA's. A "team player" environment. The doctors spent time with the patients, and patient satisfaction was very high. Co-workers were very helpful.
Pros
Great doctors and PA's
Cons
Occasionally supplies were not available when needed.
Great place to start
PSR/RMA (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 23, 2017
I enjoy the job and you are able to cross train! For myself I have great staff members who are very supportive and love my management teams. I must say this is a rewarding job and working with patients tops it all!!
Pros
Hours
Undermanaged
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCFebruary 2, 2017
Most of the doctors are nice and easy to get along with. But some of the managers are difficult to get along with. Great work environment but undermanaged.
Pros
Great work environment
good place to work
CMA (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 29, 2016
i love interacting with the patients on a daily basis. The relationship i have with my co workers is good, makes my day enjoyable. i learn something new everyday
Good Working Atmosphere
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJApril 25, 2015
Good Working Atmosphere that is upbeat. People at this place really care about their patients. Would really recommend to work at this place
An enjoyable place to work.
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 22, 2014
A typical day at work is going in knowing what needs to be done and getting it done. I learned a lot from doing medical billing such as filling claims and appeals also payment posting. I got along with most of my coworkers each day. I can say there was no hard part to my job. A job is as hard as you make it. The most enjoyable part of my job was posting payments an filling claims.
Great
Internship (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 20, 2013
Great palce to recieve medical care. Professional and competant working environment.
Pros
friendly
Tight purse strings
Clinic LPN (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 14, 2013
Very efficient urgent care setting with competent and friendly staff. Great place to work, just need to provide more in the way of benefits to their employees.