Doctors Hospital of Augusta - Augusta Employee Reviews

Poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  3 EastJuly 26, 2018
Management in burns are bullies and retaliate. There is a tremendous amount of inequalities amount nurses when it comes to treatment by management. What applies to one does not apply to all.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Poor management
Poor Management, Rule Breaking Nurses
RN (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 1, 2018
My experience has been that the nurses are lazier than rocks, they push their work on others, and they lack life-saving skills and common sense skills because their laziness. For example, moving a hospital bed, 95% of the nurses at this hospital are too stupid for this simple task. The nurses lack respect, the management is too easy on them. Techs are hard to come by when needed, too busy, and spread out. The pay is a pathetic attempt to pacify people for a "job". Management is willing to hire anyone for any job, lack of experience or otherwise. Nurses will throw things at you or kick things at you, threaten you behind closed doors, and single you out. Cliques run thick here.
Pros
time off, benefits
Cons
rude people, lack of knowledge of nurses, no common sense workers
The management promotes bullying and retaliation
RN (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 5, 2017
The management promotes bullying and intimidation! I worked my butt off on that floor and I was told I didn't "fit in" because I didn't want to be a part of the cliques already established on the burn unit. The training is not thorough at all and then when you mess up, they crucify you and call you incompetent.
Pros
Overtime if you wanna work that hard
Cons
cliques, judgmental, not welcoming environment
Great place to grow
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 19, 2017
I was new to the area when I came to work at Doctors. My experience here has been wonderful! Management gives you opportunities for growth and they recognize excellence. Hard work does not go unnoticed! I feel that the key players in administration really work hard to connect with the staff, which is a change from other hospitals and organizations where I have worked. For the first time in a long time, I am not looking around at other jobs. Management is supportive of maintaining a work-life balance, too. The teamwork is great, as is the care provided. And the ultimate compliment from a nurse: I did not hesitate to come here myself when I had a life-threatening emergency.
Pros
Flexibility, excellent management, great teamwork
Great staff and experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 25, 2017
Great start for new graduate nurses. HCA company is a great company to work for with excellent benefits and retirement plans. I have been with HCA for 4 years now.
Rt
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 17, 2015
Worked in icu, burn unit and pediatrics, also in er, responsible for all jet nebulizers, ventilator management, per my daily rounds