Doctors Hospital of Augusta - Augusta Employee Reviews

They only care about $$$
Multi-Skilled Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 28, 2018
Work was extremely hostile. Was terminated for "policy violation" but was not told what policy. Was constantly being accused things by nurses, was told that even I went to the restroom I needed to inform all staff working, was always in trouble even when all work was done. Was written up twice when sick. On one occasion I was in the ER and the other I got sick two hours before the end of my shift. Lack of emergency preparedness.
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible and inhuman management
Great place to work with great benefits.
PRN Administrative Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30907November 16, 2018
Doctors Hospital is a very busy medical facility that strives to provide excellent patient care to everyone. The staff are dedicated to the safety and recovery of each patient.
Pros
Employee recognition
Cons
Working long hours
Overall, a satisfying place to work.
CLINICAL PHARMACIST (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 31, 2018
My summary says it all. However I tremendously enjoy working with my pharmacist, nursing, dietary, PT, and physician colleagues. I also enjoyed my time working with students.
Pros
Work colleagues.
Cons
Pay and management.
Too much work, not enough hands!
Staff Nurse, Rehabilitation Unit (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 19, 2018
The overall environment was good, but the amount and type of patient care required to keep patient satisfaction in an acceptable range did not lend itself to the amount of staff provided. Patient care and patient satisfaction are 2 different things and they were regarded as the same thing on the unit I was functioning.
Pros
Managers were accessible.
Cons
Managers were unable to immediately correct problems.
The worst
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  AugustaOctober 7, 2018
This place is horribly managed. Employees are rewarded for behaving badly if they “join the club.” Focus is on personal issues, not professional issues.
Benefits
Cons
Hostile work environment
It is what u make it depending on the area you land on
Multi skilled technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30909September 13, 2018
Its an environment for learning if u can find a professional that is willing on your floor. Build on your skills but at the same time you r on your feet. Lack of team work. May be Assigned to 34 patients on a floor alone frequently occurs. Nurses r compensated for working short. Techs do not . You might get lucky and offered movie tickets.
Pros
Your fan base increases in the community based on the excellent service u as an individual provides.
Cons
Work like a mule for little pay
Great working environment
Staff Nurse Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit-PRN (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 5, 2018
Doctors Hospital is a great place to work. They are good to their employees and recognize them. The management on the unit where I work is fair and cares about their employees. Great work environment.
Work life
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 3, 2018
I really enjoyed working at the company that was my job, how I paied my bills and took care of my family. as a single parent it required me to need more income.
Balanced work!
Phlebotomist/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 24, 2018
Not a bad place to work for. The majority of the employees care and exhibit professionalism and empathy towards the patients and visitors. Many strive for excellence and it shows in their actions. They strive for teamwork as well.
Pros
Good place to work once you get a foot in the door
Cons
Very few raises
Poor Management, Rule Breaking Nurses
RN (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 1, 2018
My experience has been that the nurses are lazier than rocks, they push their work on others, and they lack life-saving skills and common sense skills because their laziness. For example, moving a hospital bed, 95% of the nurses at this hospital are too stupid for this simple task. The nurses lack respect, the management is too easy on them. Techs are hard to come by when needed, too busy, and spread out. The pay is a pathetic attempt to pacify people for a "job". Management is willing to hire anyone for any job, lack of experience or otherwise. Nurses will throw things at you or kick things at you, threaten you behind closed doors, and single you out. Cliques run thick here.
Pros
time off, benefits
Cons
rude people, lack of knowledge of nurses, no common sense workers
Benefits
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 20, 2018
Benefits for PTO accrual and having to take forced time off for time around the holidays, leave you with no PTO when you want to take needed time off on your own schedule.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 12, 2018
It is a rewarding place to work. I learned alot about burns. I also learned alot about managing people. Patients come first and it showed at Doctor's.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Lack of communication
Good workplace
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 5, 2018
Would recommend this company to anyone. Fast pace environment, which kept you busy most of the day. Workplace culture was good and everybody was a team player. Management treated everyone fairly.
Pros
Lunch was provided by the hospital cafeteria
Cons
30 minute lunch
very educational job
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 1, 2018
A typical day on med/surg unit at doctors hospital is a very busy and educational day. Team work has inproved over the past few years due to the new manager. I truly enjoyed working with her and the new team she built. I will miss working with her and my old team.
Pros
great team work, excellent floor management, very educational
Cons
if you consider being busy every day a con its the only one that i can think of, however i like staying busy.
It's a place where you can see that you can't take life for granted and things could happen to anyone.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 16, 2018
It was a good place to work. The people were professional and nice. I didn't have many problems working there. I've learned a lot and seen a lot. It was just that I couldn't live on that income considering that I'm living by myself.
Awesome Place
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 9, 2018
I love my job at doctors. I am a PRN Nuc Med Tech and I get a decent amount of hours. Everyone is very nice and helpful. The pay is good. I do not really get benefits because I am PRN but I know that have pretty good benefits. HCA employees also get discounts from AT&T and other places.
Pros
Good Money and hours
Cons
No Fulltime positions open
Loved my coworkers, management is kind of out there.
Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 3, 2018
I loved working with the surgeons and the most the staff. I could have got a little more training before they put me in my first surgery, plus they paired me up with a new hire who has not scrubbed in years and one who was fresh out of school. I was confident in myself, but it was a big surgery and they basically set me up for failure. Most of the techs and RNs are the back bone and are always helpful. I felt like the management could have done a better job of learning the employees there, instead of sticking to the ones whos been there a long time. Maybe thats why there is a high turnover.
Relaxed atmosphere
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Not satisified with the housekeeping pay. Relaxed atmosphere to work in. The best part about the housekeeping position is the flexible scheduling and the incentives for maintaing a safe work environment
Doctors Hospital
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Nothing any different than any other job in the ER. I worked overnights and we were not included in daily lunch offers or incentives. Our dept. management were not available.
Pros
location
Cons
management
Wide range of Diagnoses and Rehab techniques
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 14, 2018
The Inpatient rehab unit admitted a wide variety of diagnoses e.g. burns, neurological diseases, orthopedic diagnoses. Used FIM to measure progress in areas of daily living. Team approach with OT/ PT/ SLP, nursing and physician interactions and collaboration. Scheduled treatment times 90 minute treatments for OT. Focus on regaining basic self care skills, with less emphasis on underlying impairments.
Pros
good team interactions and collaborations
Cons
fast work pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doctors Hospital of Augusta - Augusta. Our community is ready to answer.

Doctors Hospital of Augusta - Augusta Reviews by Location