Doctors Hospital Employee Reviews

I had a great time at this job.
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2018
This was a nice place to work for with great people to be around and a great environment to be included with. I really enjoyed being around great people.
Well organized facility to work in and plenty of opportunities for growth
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 11, 2018
Meetings are organized and told ahead of time to prepare. There is lots of committees and education programs for learning and advancement. They offer tuition reimbursement and opportunities for salary raise annually. Always offer free educational information online and accessible libraries onsite of use
Pros
Parallel transfers, Clinical advancement, Insurance benefits, flexible scheduling
Cons
No free meals, sick leave and Vacation are combined as one
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 11, 2018
Management has no concept of patient safety. Patients are left waiting for days in a hallway sharing bathrooms with 30+ sick people. ER waiting room always has 20+ pts waiting for 4+ hrs. That's how they treat pts., imagine how they treat employees.
Nice to place to work, great people.
Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJune 30, 2018
It is a small but mighty facility. It is unique and dynamic and handles a variety of different medical cases. Employees work closely together to get work completed.
not what I thought I'd it be.
CVOR Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 18, 2018
I was hired as a surgical assistant but I am treated as a surgical tech. I am not allowed the opportunity to advance in the CVOR.I was told I would be trained in Endo Vein Harvesting and have not been and it has been 2 years. In the main OR I am treated as an assistant but I am only in that department occasionally.
Educational Classes and Seminars
Administrative Assistant/ Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Nassau, BAHJune 18, 2018
At this workplace it is mandatory that you take part in classes so that you will be quite fit to work in the healthcare facility. It is a must that all classes are attended.
challenging
RN staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 18, 2018
Productive, challenging and goal oriented in providing patient care. Medication administration to patients upon physician order, admissions discharges
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
short breaks
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 12, 2018
It is a rewarding place to work. I learned alot about burns. I also learned alot about managing people. Patients come first and it showed at Doctor's.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Lack of communication
Stressful position
Department Director (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 11, 2018
Stressful job; Facility going through a culture modification of family/patient focus to a more income producing focus.
Very good immediate supervisor and great colleagues.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
preferential treatments
Volunteer
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TX 78045June 7, 2018
There is barely much to do when volunteering in the ER since all the nurses are too occupied to give you a task, so I would have to ask frequently for a task.
Pros
15 min breaks
Cons
the feeling you did nothing

Want to know more about Doctors Hospital?

Ask a question
What you learned
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 3, 2018
As an employee at Doctors I was encouraged to take on extra responsibilities and learn new things. Examples of this were taking over the schedule for five switchboard employees, creating an excel spreadsheet to tract movie ticket and White Water ticket sales.
Pros
family atmosphere work place
Cons
Had to work night shift on ocassion
work ethic
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 31, 2018
A t6ypical day at work is get here do your job, pick up your co workers job because they are slacking off, its all about who likes you here and who doesnt and alot of gossip and favoritism
Nepotism
Texas - Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 25, 2018
Let just say POOR MANAGEMENT and TOO much Nepotism...You have to know someone in order to advance...If you are not in the in crowd no promotion. Once you are on their bad side watch OUT!!
Did not like working here.
RN (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLMay 24, 2018
Owned by doctors and too much emphasis on making money. I worked there a long time ago and do not remember details. I am not sure this organization still exists.
Dirty, not willing to invest in building updates
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 23, 2018
Worked here for many years, until they started closing units due to lack of funds. Great people work there, not a place to call home. Get your experience and get out.
Pros
Cons
No job security
CODING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2018
Worked here for 10 years and loved it! Had great management on all levels. The worst part of the job was some level of instability due to ownership changes.
Hospital is near 30
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2018
Hospital need a lot of updating. Need better Supervisors that can be objective and not using their position to handle their personal feels about staff.
Pros
Full-Time postions
Cons
Managers let the nurses treat the nurses aides like garbage
Friendly staff and good teamwork
Clinical Oncology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 7, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is that we can make a tremendous "difference" in the lives of our patients by working with patients and their families through patient education. Our main goal was to provide the best possible treatment outcomes at the hospital and at home.
Exceptional Employees
Director, Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 7, 2018
Was surrounded by exceptional employees and able to mentor. Promoted several from within and created new departments to promote two others. CFO was new to position, created issues within the departments he managed.
very educational job
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 1, 2018
A typical day on med/surg unit at doctors hospital is a very busy and educational day. Team work has inproved over the past few years due to the new manager. I truly enjoyed working with her and the new team she built. I will miss working with her and my old team.
Pros
great team work, excellent floor management, very educational
Cons
if you consider being busy every day a con its the only one that i can think of, however i like staying busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doctors Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.