Doctors Hospital Management reviews

This was a great work environment. Provided on site day care. Had many employee appreciation events.
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 14, 2018
Loved this job. Work for a great Internal Medicine Group or 13 years. Great benefits. Great management and always offered classes for extra training. Was saddened when the Hospital closed after an 80 year history. Was a small hospital and could not compete with the larger Hospitals that evolved in the Shreveport area.
Pros
on site Day Care. Employee events every few months. Great benefits
Cons
No cons except closure of Hospital
Disappointed
LPN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 24, 2018
I worked in the ER and was very disappointed because I was not able to learn anything new. The environment was not conducive to learning. The pace was slow and there was many nights there would be no patients come in. If you were not a RN you were made to feel like an outsider. The management would ignore any questions you might have unless you were a doctor or RN. Although I did enjoy caring for the patients that did come in. I enjoyed the patient contact the most.
Pros
Patient contact
Cons
To much down time
very knowledgeable experience
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2018
Great place to work I just graduated and I learn a lot in the 4 years of employment. Management was excellent. Family atmosphere and we all supported each other.
Nepotism
Texas - Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 25, 2018
Let just say POOR MANAGEMENT and TOO much Nepotism...You have to know someone in order to advance...If you are not in the in crowd no promotion. Once you are on their bad side watch OUT!!
fast paced, unrealistic expectations placed on staff, awful company culture
Registered Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Nassau, NYFebruary 19, 2018
I worked part time and had no benefits or opportunities for growth. lunch breaks were frowned upon, one person was expected to do the job of 3 to 4 different people during the busiest time of the week. management was intimidating and dismissive.
Pros
at least you got paid.
Cons
short breaks, overworked and underpaid staff
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 11, 2018
Management has no concept of patient safety. Patients are left waiting for days in a hallway sharing bathrooms with 30+ sick people. ER waiting room always has 20+ pts waiting for 4+ hrs. That's how they treat pts., imagine how they treat employees.
CODING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2018
Worked here for 10 years and loved it! Had great management on all levels. The worst part of the job was some level of instability due to ownership changes.
disorganised
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 14, 2018
Not a great place to work
Pharmacy manager unstable, selfish and arrogant
No trained technicians to assist Pharmacist.
Pharmacy ran in adiquqtely
Worst place i have ever worked
Pros
Non
Very understaffed
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 16, 2017
Worked at Doctor's hospital for 9 months. The place was very busy with a high turnover. PACU coverage did not extend to the evening hours, nurses were expected to stay over scheduled shifts to cover the patient care gap. Nurses and tech were regularly fired for too much overtime. They really did try to make sure people got their lunches. Its too bad that they would not fully staff the evening coverage. This place could have been a great place to work even with its quirks had they taken care of basic staffing issues. I offered up solutions which fell on death ears. Quite frankly if its a finance issue then let nurses and techs resign.
Pros
Co-workers were nice, management was nice. The CEO made a presence and knew you by name and he seemed very approachable.
Cons
Extremely short staffed, very disorganized, managers played favorites with some nurses and techs while others were totally disregarded.
Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 7, 2017
Management is very dramatic sttessful and fast paced. No training provided. Dont care about their employees. No room for advancement. No raises for the past six years.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Great place to work with great people
currently Lead Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 6, 2017
In any given day at Doctors I would come in contact with many different departments and people. Whether it be coworkers, doctors, executives, cleaning staff, and others, everyone was friendly to each other. Considering the hospital is much smaller in comparison to others, you really got an opportunity to get to know many different people and establish a great relationship with them. This made working at Doctors very enjoyable and I have made many friends that I spend time with outside of work from working here.
Pros
Respect. Benefits. Atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks. Compensation
Great environment for diverse medical experiences. Compensation was poor, culture-diverse; no job advancement; good work/life balance
RN, BSN, MSN (Former Employee) –  New Boston, TXMay 6, 2013
A typical work day included floating from my management position of Director of Nursing Services to ER, OB, Med-Surg. The challenge was in leading the management team in accomplishing the guidelines of Joint Commission Accreditation. The most enjoyable part of the job was work diversity and all aspects of hospital provided care.
Pros
work diversity
Cons
benefits, advancement
Exceptional Employees
Director, Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 7, 2018
Was surrounded by exceptional employees and able to mentor. Promoted several from within and created new departments to promote two others. CFO was new to position, created issues within the departments he managed.
work ethic
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 31, 2018
A t6ypical day at work is get here do your job, pick up your co workers job because they are slacking off, its all about who likes you here and who doesnt and alot of gossip and favoritism
Happy family atmosphere,good education, good staffing ratio
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 21, 2014
A typical day at work met by your co-workers happy and ready to go to work. I learned many skills, and what is is like to work in a great place. The management had open door policy. The co-workers were the best. I felt like I had a great big family. Hardest part of the job was working long shifts, Holidays and weekends. The most enjoyable part of this job was the staff. Great family like atmosphere which made it much easier to work 12 hour shifts, Holidays and sometime sad outcomes with patients. I can't say enough how great the staff was. If you needed help for anything they were there willing to help in any circumstances.If I had not moved I would probably still be working there.
Pros
Lunch discounts, paid vacations and sick leave, family atmosphere, good benefits at the time I was there
Cons
Very busy at times, at times working with difficult patients
They keep their thumb on you like you're 5.
Coding/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 21, 2017
Too many rules, it's like being in prison. I'm a hard worker with integrity, I don't need constant supervision.
My most recent manager was great, the ladies I worked with were awesome! The culture there was awful, very high turnover.
Pros
Some of the people.
Interesting and busy
Smeads Manufacturing Packer and Machine operator (Current Employee) –  New Straitsville, OHSeptember 15, 2017
I was purging old records on a daily basis. It was interesting seeing familiar names. I was HIPPA trained before I could even start this job.
I even got to see 1 very famous name.
I was hired as a temp, so I knew that it was not going to last long. The management were very laid back and let me work at my own pace. The job was very easy. I would have to go to the records room to pick up as many files as I could and take them back to the room they gave me to purge the, I would look thru every file and put the ones that were older than 10 years old to the side to be shredded.
Family oriented environment with excellent patient care
Relief staff nurse, Manager Case Management (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 25, 2012
Manager over case management department in small hospital.
Great place to work and everyone knew one another. (Apporx.140 bed hospital). Organized workload for two employees only which was hardest part of job since always short staffed. Answered to administrator which was best part of job. Hardest part of job was accepting hospital being sold and seeing layoffs of personnel which led to hospital's eventual closing.
Pros
salary and benefits, knowing everyone, and seeing patients get the best care possible.
Cons
layoffs and hospital closing down.
great place to work
Renaissance, Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 24, 2017
great place to work great job security management is a bit unorganized. benefits are ok as long as you visit the hospital or one of the doctors of the hospital.
productive and fun
Registered Nurse (13 (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2018
12 shift, contract job in the ICU. Staff worked as a team. Great support from management and doctors. They really appreciate nurses. Family are very appreciative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doctors Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.