Doctors Medical Center of Modesto Employee Reviews

Awful place
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 3, 2019
Don’t do it. They’ll work you to death if you’re good at your job, and at the end of the day... they don’t care.
The best part about the job is definitely the staff that helps but there’s so much laziness and management does nothing. Favoritism is rampant everywhere but this place is ridiculous. There’s better places to work with a stronger union... which gets very little support by the way from employees so you never get anywhere.. Awful place, I will never go back.
Pros
not sure
Cons
Micromanaged to death.
March 5, 2019

We're sorry to hear this but appreciate your honesty. This will be shared with leadership.

Upper Mgmt is a JOKE
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 12, 2019
I am a current employee and have to say that our management in the lab is a total and complete joke. So many inappropriate relationships and conversations that take place. We are under staffed and over worked. PTO is rarely approved and don’t even bother requesting time off if it falls on your weekend to work. I stay here because there aren’t that many other options here in town for a phlebotomist. There is no incentive to want to work because employees are constantly calling in sick.
January 15, 2019

Highly Stressful, Mangment
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Micro Managed, Dishonesty, Backbiting, Highly Stressful, Premeditated Discharges,
Fear of Management, Fear of job loss or harder working conditions, cutting of hours
Pros
Medial, Dental, Vision
January 11, 2019

expectation far exceed what is given in return
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  several locationsDecember 27, 2018
Just want more than they are giving. can not be any type of individual, no tattoos, they want to pick the color of your hair. no support to the middle managment
December 28, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Poor management
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 30, 2018
You are not informed of rules In different departments, managers act like they own you. Director not qualified for the department where I worked. You are just a number they do not care about your family/personal life.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Management/culture
August 31, 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We will share your concerns with management ASAP.

The money is not worth the stress
RN (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 26, 2018
Very stressful environment. Management micro manages every aspect of your job. Understaffed all the time which affects patient care. Lots of floating outside your unit. Working conditions are so poor and many nurses are quitting because of it. That is why they are offering such high sign on bonuses.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Missed breaks, understaffed, very poor management, very high stress environment
OR experience
Surgical Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 25, 2018
Work day would start at 0630. There would be around 100+ surgical cases. Management varied per day. Hardest part was figuring out which manager to listen to. Balancing work/ personal life. Worked five days a week and was required to take call (weeknights and weekends). Best part of the job was my fellow co-workers and doctors. Established personal relationships with most of them. Workplace was fast-paced and learning how to be very flexible.
Pros
Co-worker
Cons
To many managers, SSA position was not valued
June 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Doctor's Medical Center's success.

good place to work
Dual head (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 24, 2018
I was a traveler ther thus not permenant staff, at the time they were undergoing a management change that did not appear to effect day to day opperations
May 25, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Doctors' success.

they had group volunteer for community which was fun
Facilities Worker II (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 8, 2018
there was plenty of co-workers and professionals to teach and work as team to make the job go easier or or quickly. lots of safety in play in a hospital which was very good, learned a lot from doctors and other people in the Hospital great place to work
Pros
on hand skill teaching
Cons
sometimes no time for break
They are the worst
Technologist (Former Employee) –  RadiologyApril 26, 2018
Do not work there . Manager at the radiology department are cutthroat and assholeic.They Ate also racist against Spanish people and patients. Be careful for your life
Pros
Cons
Racism
April 28, 2018

Disorganized culture
Director (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 25, 2018
DMC has incredible staff that succeed in spite of leadership.
An extremely busy 24/7/365 facility that is staffed like a suburban outpatient clinic.
Always understaffed and unsupported. Why does this continue??
Most enjoyable is the staff, patients and great physicians. Leadership is terrible and have no commitment to the employee, unless you are a nurse.
Pros
incredibler staff, physicans and patients that need the best care in spite of leadership.
Cons
worst leadership ever
Stressfull
Quality Review Analyst (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 9, 2018
I would rather not say at this time. I will not say anything more at this time just trying to fill up the required number of characters at this time to move to the next step.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CA 95350April 7, 2018
Fast pace work environment with diverse cultures. Great place to work (Laboratory). Good Benefits. Supervisors are very approachable and easy to work with.
Good people to work with
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 8, 2018
Each day was different. Patient load and cases that came in would dictate the flow of the day.

I loved the people I worked with they were inclusive in every way. Not just work life but personal life too.
Pros
Long days
Cons
Great people to work with
Dismal,stressful: Like the movie Phyco
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Typical day started with the tone which came from leadership

Learned: A lot about infections and diseases, and diagnosing by signs

Management: is poor, deceptive, misleading, abrupt, moody, abusive, mean spirited and hateful.

Work Culture: Assignments unbalances , overworked employees, and lots of stress

Hardest: Working in a dynamically stressed department

Most enjoyable: Working with patients and a few wonderful people
Pros
Good pay, Good medical, dential and vision and some really good co-workers
Cons
Working with others who were backbitting, always trying to cause problems and no team spirit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 3, 2018
There is no support from the Director. Poor leadership style. Often patient safety is not the primary concern of the hospital. The biggest challenge is the demand from management not taking into consideration patient safety or staff.
February 5, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Doctors Medical Center of Modesto's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. We will address this with hospital leadership.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Great place to work, great teamwork. Always a busy hospital but with teamwork anything is possible. Great for the community. Will always recommend for people to work there.
Fast paced and friendly environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 6, 2018
I would look over the entire labor and delivery floor, best part was the surgical unit after a surgical procedure, I got to experience first hand a surgical room and clean it up and I’d get recognition each time for my flawless work.
I learned how to work independently and the management taught me many skills to take with me.
Cons
No benefits, pay was not the best
January 7, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! At Doctors Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

very productive
Surgery Scheduler/Charge Specialist/Admissions Rep (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 26, 2017
I really enjoy working for DMC, however I live out of town and the commute is getting bad. I work with some amazing people and if i lived closer, I def wouldnt leave
Fun workplace. Family atmosphere
Discharge Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 20, 2017
I regret leaving my job. I wanted to move closer to family and unfortunately got a bad job. But I’d return if there’s ever an opening. The Director of Case-Management was very supportive as well as the Manager.
Pros
Great company with awesome benefits
Cons
Schedule wasn’t flexible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doctors Medical Center of Modesto. Our community is ready to answer.

Doctors Medical Center of Modesto Reviews by Location