Dodge's Chicken Stores Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 21, 2019
Team members work good with you and peace they work as union you enjoy working there with them you learn a lot very unstanding and every felxable with you
Stressful and Low paying
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJune 20, 2019
This was one of my most stressful jobs. The work isn't difficult but they want you to do so much for so little pay. The manager I had was inconsistent and not good at their job and we had no breaks, no benefits, no promotions. We would be called in for a few hours and end up working twice as long because someone else didn't show up for work.
Cashier/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Lexington, TNJune 19, 2019
This job is a very fast pace. Your never bored. You always have something to do. I have moved up in the company. I started as a cashier, bookkeeper, category manager, to shift leader. It's a great fun place to work.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Rude customers
fun
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 18, 2019
I really enjoyed the culture and people I worked with. Helping others learn and grow has always been a passion for me and was great to be part of that. My favorite part was working and helping guest.
Loved working there
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLJune 5, 2019
Great people, vision and family culture here, I enjoyed the variety of tasks I performed here, I would recommend working here to anyone, especially those that have a great customer service attitude and enjoy going above and beyond to "make their day" for the guest
you will be run into the ground
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 1, 2019
The old manager tried to implement things to make things easier and fun . He made us want to do well eventhough we were always short-handed. The home office controls hiring so staffing is pretty much dictated.The area supervisor is very condescending and disrespectful.He doesnt help with anything just talks and talks! No discounts or breaks.Sometimes work 16-18 hour shifts. No drinks either ! you pay full price even for a refill! The old manager tried changing that by giving awards each month...which has stopped! just terrible!
Pros
you can work 80-90 hours a week if you want
Cons
read above
Both challenging and rewarding
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMay 24, 2019
I love this company. They are all about their people. Yes, we work hard. Yes, it is a fast-paced environment. But I don't mind it, I'm a bit ADD/ADHD and this fits perfectly for me. The company leadership genuinely appreciates their people, and they notice hard work and great attitudes. They've poured resources into growing and developing me so that I can continue to grow, and I've witnessed the company do this for countless others. If you're looking for a great family-owned business where you can grow professionally and never feel like a number, you've found one!
Pros
Growth and development, fast-paced, dedication of leadership to staff
Cons
Health insurance premiums are a bit high
Productive fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 16, 2019
If you be yourself and highly focus on working the experience can be exhilarating! The night shift can be very draining and provoking, just remain professional at all costs!
Too much work for too little pay
Cashier/Cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Troutville, VAMay 2, 2019
Unprofessional staff, favoritism, lack of consistency. No discounts, no shift meals. Was told I would receive a raise within a certain window but I did not. Employees serve food outside of the safe consumption windows. Staff are made to work when they are ill, posing risks to customers. Many staff members would have to work doubles due to the store being consistently understaffed.
Dodges is a great place to work
3rd Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Leland, MSApril 9, 2019
At Dodges the people and guest a great people. Most of the day it's like being and some type of event because it has such a party atmosphere. The company is a great place to start a career.
Pros
competative pay
Cons
not sure of any
Family Culture
ASSISTANT STORE LEADER (Current Employee) –  Troutville, VAApril 3, 2019
One of the most glaring aspects of this job has been just how true it is that everyone is like family. You hear that kind of thing everywhere, but, this is the first place I have personally found it to be true. After having a lunch with the VP of Ops and just shooting the breeze you get the feeling of support and camaraderie I have not felt elsewhere including my previous job at which one of the owners is my own daughter's godmother.
Negative place to work management has her personal picks
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 17, 2019
No comment . Manager wasn't far certain people could do whatever they wanted but others couldn't after 11 years got fired over fraudulent check that the home office gave me a code to cash it
host
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Okolona, MSFebruary 12, 2019
I like dodge cause of the people that came into dodge but the rule of dodges didn't mae any sence way so every I think if they lighting up on the tattoos rules they coud keep people
Poor ownership
Full Time (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 5, 2019
Unorganized and upper management is out of touch with their employees. It would make a good part time college job but not for someone looking for a career.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Poor benefits and support
Great work environment
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 29, 2019
The best thing about Dodge's is the people. They have great leadership and have always been supportive in all that we have set forth to do.
In truth, I do not want to leave Dodge's but family circumstances may be pulling to a place they don't operate.
I have and will always treasure my time with Dodge's and all that it has done for me.
Pros
Great People
Dramatic Workplace
Cashier/Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ArkansasJanuary 6, 2019
Turnover rate is very high. Management does not listen to issues so issues can not and will not be addressed. Training is inadequate. More time is spent training on computers than training in person.
Pros
Cons
No breaks unless you smoke
fast paced and some times fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARJanuary 3, 2019
I love working for my boss. Just not my boss' bosses. All of the regulations in place make it impossible to keep good help. It is a gas station, not a 5 star hotel. Sometimes it is enough to make anyone want to quit. I can say that many would love to work here. But expect to lose about half of yourself and your freedom if you are outside even the smallest box. No tattoos, no more than 2 piercings per ear, no long nails (fake I understand, but real is ridiculous), and no jeans. This is silly since jeans are much more functional and cheaper than dress slacks, and tattoos (non-offensive), piercings (not in gigantic abundance), and normal length nails are just human society now. They call it a party, but want a nice stay at home dinner when the in-laws are present. That makes no sense.
Pros
friendly staff, good food
Cons
no real breaks, overly strict dress code, no discounts on food or drinks, fire over anything
The worst job I've ever had
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Troutville, VADecember 1, 2018
Dodge's is in it for themselves, they don't care about employees. No discounts, no lunch breaks (might get to sit down for maybe 15 minutes), favoritism, no benefits, & horrible pay. They advertise one pay but then make you jump through hoops to get to the next level pay (increments of .50). The Troutville store allows employees to treat one another any way they wish without repercussions. Horrible experience & even worse company. You may be hired as one title & end up being a host/ess.
Pros
Literally, nothing
Cons
Too much drama and favoritism
Money Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Leland, MSOctober 10, 2018
When I worked there the management showed favoritism among the employees and kept alot of drama going. It has been a few years since I have worked there and I think its under new management so I cant say for sure how it is now.
Money Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, TNOctober 1, 2018
Management could care less how much you have to do, or whether everyone pitches in to get tasks done or if one person does it all their selves. Treated disrespectfully, and like the job is the only thing that matters. Management doesn't care if you have a family or personal life, all they want is you to live for Dodge Store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dodge's Chicken Stores. Our community is ready to answer.