Dodge's Chicken Stores Employee Reviews in Troutville, VA

Too much work for too little pay
Cashier/Cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Troutville, VAMay 2, 2019
Unprofessional staff, favoritism, lack of consistency. No discounts, no shift meals. Was told I would receive a raise within a certain window but I did not. Employees serve food outside of the safe consumption windows. Staff are made to work when they are ill, posing risks to customers. Many staff members would have to work doubles due to the store being consistently understaffed.
The worst job I've ever had
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Troutville, VADecember 1, 2018
Dodge's is in it for themselves, they don't care about employees. No discounts, no lunch breaks (might get to sit down for maybe 15 minutes), favoritism, no benefits, & horrible pay. They advertise one pay but then make you jump through hoops to get to the next level pay (increments of .50). The Troutville store allows employees to treat one another any way they wish without repercussions. Horrible experience & even worse company. You may be hired as one title & end up being a host/ess.
Pros
Literally, nothing
Fabulous place to work
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Troutville, VAOctober 6, 2017
Dodge's is and was the greatest job I have ever had. The management is great, the hours are good, the pay is more than fair, and I was able to take the skills I learned at Dodge's far with the rest of my life. The guests who came in were amazing, and it truly feels like everyone is your family - be it coworkers, managers, higher-ups, and guests. The only hard part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Fun, room for advancement, management
Busy place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Troutville, VAJune 16, 2017
Dodges Store is a very busy place to work. Must be able to work in a very fast paced environment. I learned a lot of things working there. I met a lot of people and new friends.
very unorganized business
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Troutville, VAOctober 26, 2015
very difficult to do your job when you do not have all the paper work needed to properly account for daily use.
this business is in need of more user friendly ways of account for daily use
Fun workplace enjoyed mostly my customers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Troutville, VAMarch 18, 2013
You are on your feet most of your 8 hour shift. Sometimes I even had to work 12 hour shift with nothing but a few smoke breaks, no lunch breaks, Management.. Nothing was in confidence if you spoke to the supervisor. I love the co-workers. I learned how to cash checks, set gas pumps etc'
Cons
no breaks, nothing free standing up to 12 hour shifts