Dodge's Chicken Stores Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

The worst job I've ever had
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Troutville, VADecember 1, 2018
Dodge's is in it for themselves, they don't care about employees. No discounts, no lunch breaks (might get to sit down for maybe 15 minutes), favoritism, no benefits, & horrible pay. They advertise one pay but then make you jump through hoops to get to the next level pay (increments of .50). The Troutville store allows employees to treat one another any way they wish without repercussions. Horrible experience & even worse company. You may be hired as one title & end up being a host/ess.
Pros
Literally, nothing
convenient store
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, LASeptember 5, 2018
fast pace, customer service
flexible hours
management sometimes professional
needed more hours
team player and willing to help other in time of need
busy on weekends
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hour
The best job i've ever had
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 2, 2018
Okay, so just know that i'm a vegetarian. I have some cognitive dissonance working at Dodge's (a CHICKEN store). But other than that, I LOVE MY JOB. I LOVE MY COWORKERS. I LOVE MY SHIFT/STORE/AREA LEADERS. Not gonna lie, I rolled my eyes when they said that they try to make it feel like a party at work. It seriously has changed my mind though. It's still work of course, so it does get stressful and hard some times, but I seriously have so much fun and love doing it. There's PLENTY of room for advancement. I have never been in management, and was offered the money center manager position and shift leader position within a week of working there. It is a fast paced job that keeps you on your toes, but it is not difficult. Have fun with it!

Also-This is a family owned company. One of the sons called our store and talked to me personally to ask about one of our employees who had a seizure at work. They really do care.
Pros
straight forward work, great management, financially sound company
Cons
can take over your personal time
What you learned
Host (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 25, 2018
Dodges is a great place to work for. Like any job, several improvements can be made, such as professionalism from management and more opportunities for advancement for employees outside of management. Still in all, the job is for someone who wants/willing to work a lot. You get paid weekly and if you focus on what you have to do.. the job can be extremely easy.
trash
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 3, 2017
they don't give out hours and they don't give benefits less you are full-time and nobody is full-time but the mangers and they over work you for the little money you get payed
Pros
nonw
Cons
everything
Fast pace, competitive environment
Hostess/cook (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 2, 2017
A typical work day consisted of checking out customers, cooking food, stocking, cleaning, completing daily counts, etc. The management was fair and understanding. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and building relationships with the customers and coworkers.
Pros
good management, friendly environment
Cons
no breaks, no lunches
Slightly stressful
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Savannah, TNApril 14, 2017
The Dodge Store has a slightly stressful environment, especially if you work third shift. It is a very enjoyable place to work. I enjoyed the interaction with the public.
The worst work experience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLDecember 29, 2016
I worked at dodges a little under a year. How I tolerated the lies and inconsistencies for that long I'm not sure. I was promised a raise when I took a manager position and never got it. Your thoughts and feelings will be ignored. The only time you'll be acknowledged is when they're telling you what you're doing wrong. Save yourself some time and apply somewhere that allows you to grow.
Pros
You appreciate every other job you've had before this one.
Cons
No break, No discount, No respect
Horrible
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 28, 2016
Worst place in the world. The location is the only thing keeping this store open bc its definitely not the service. If the "guest" really know how this company is ran they would spend more and not give this place business. Biggest marketing scam ever "make their day" really means treat "guest and co-workers" like trash. Management form store level all the way to corporate even HR are all liars and lie for each other. Company is suppose to be an "E" store but trust me... it'll end up being the worst experience ever. If u don't like people, lazy, unreliable and follow management around and do nothing then this is the place for you.
Productive and fun enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Savannah, TNSeptember 6, 2016
It was a fun place to work. The other employees were fun to be around inside and outside of work. We were able to serve our customers with a smiling face, and enjoy the work we did.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
NEVER closes
fast pace work envioronment
Hostes (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 6, 2016
I enjoyed working with the customer to see a smile on their face when checking out at my register. until this day the people say the store have not been the same since I left
Pros
to meet differnent people
Cons
no free lunch
Pretty Okay
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Blytheville, ARDecember 9, 2015
I think Dodges is an excellent place to work. While employed their I perfected previous skills as of dealing with the public, capitalizing on working with the federal money center, and cooking food. The hardest part of my job is working at night and were right off the interstate so it makes me feel very uneasy. I actually loving cooking and making Dodges product appealing to the eye and good to the stomach.
Pay is horrible
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 17, 2015
All employees knew when they began their shift that they were going to be busy and didn't even know when they would be able to take a break. Working with all different types of guest was great.
Pros
Customers
one of the worst places I've ever worked.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALOctober 22, 2015
they hardly even train you, they let the other associates bully you. some of the worst management I've ever seen. They don't allow you any breaks for a 8-9 hour time period. As well as not even a discount on the foods, for you to at least have a quick snack to make it through the shift.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
no breaks, will make you work with the flu
Disrespectful and lack of opportunity
Host (Former Employee) –  Ft. Walton Beach, FLOctober 17, 2015
Long hours, discrimination from Store Leader and Area Manager. Local management is not veteran/military friendly. No room for advancement, constantly lied to.
Fun enviroment, great people to work with
Hostess (Current Employee) –  pensacola, floridaAugust 31, 2015
I work graveyard shift, so that was a bit hard getting use too, I come in at 10:00 pm to really great co-workers! First thing I do is make sure my money is correct, and sign on to a register, then I start either cooking or cleaning, then serve our guests, My manager is a great man, he is very fair and impartial. I absolutely love my co-workers, they are a great bunch of people. The hardest part of my job is working graveyard shift, and not having full-time hours. The most enjoyable part of working there is meeting very nice people.
fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Leland, MSJuly 17, 2014
My job was quite easy. A typical day at work included interacting with customers throughout the day, cooking, cleaning and stocking coolers. I learned how to cook as well as get along with my coworkers even when im feeling under pressure. Working with my coworkers was like being one big happy family. We always helped each other out. The entire job itself was was fun to me i cant say there was anything hard about it.The best part was working with the customers.
Pros
bonuses
terrible
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJune 24, 2014
would never advise anyone who loves to work and is a social person to work at this establishment.
I enjoyed it overall
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 26, 2013
a typical day at work was generally a good. as a hostess there I knew our everyday customers by name & what type of coffee or breakfast they liked r usually purchased. my co- workers were friendly & fun with each other. the hardest part of the job was the hours simply because I work primarily at night to early morning but I still enjoyed the job & the people. the enjoyable part about the job was the people. I met a lot of new people. I learned patience, efficiency at a fast pace & organization.
Pros
nice people
Cons
shifts
Job was okay just not enough hours
Hostess (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJuly 17, 2013
this job was full of life experiences and everyone helps out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dodge's Chicken Stores. Our community is ready to answer.