Dodge's Chicken Stores Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Both challenging and rewarding
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMay 24, 2019
I love this company. They are all about their people. Yes, we work hard. Yes, it is a fast-paced environment. But I don't mind it, I'm a bit ADD/ADHD and this fits perfectly for me. The company leadership genuinely appreciates their people, and they notice hard work and great attitudes. They've poured resources into growing and developing me so that I can continue to grow, and I've witnessed the company do this for countless others. If you're looking for a great family-owned business where you can grow professionally and never feel like a number, you've found one!
Pros
Growth and development, fast-paced, dedication of leadership to staff
Cons
Health insurance premiums are a bit high
Fast paced
ASSISTANT STORE LEADER (Current Employee) –  Cleveand, MSAugust 15, 2018
I work an average of 12 hours a day, usually getting 50 to 55 hours a week. There is no opportunity for advancement and no health insurance. You must be expected to work at a drop of a hat due to cal ins. There is a very high employee turnover.
No life outside of work.
STORE LEADER (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 13, 2017
If you want to work for a company that will allow you to work as many hours as humanly possible, Dodge's is the right place. 90 hour work works are normal and if you are an over achiever, you can 100 hours some weeks. All of this while the person you work for is spending time with his/her family and telling you why you need to tough it out.
Pros
Pretty good income
Cons
With the hours you have to work, you are only making minimum wage.
Same as the most of the reviews....
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 14, 2016
I was a store leader with Dodges for about 2 years and it honestly was some of the worst time in my life .

First, when I interviewed for the initial assistant store leader position, they were vague about all the duties and made it seem like you actually were overseeing the store and they didn't include all the backbreaking labor and 70 hours a week schedule.

Initially the work doesn't seem hard typical convenience store stuff but it's multiplied by 10 here because you're constantly understaffed and subjected to ridiculously long work weeks.

I agree with the other reviews where they said a lot of the management is very petty and childish. The store leader I worked with was terrible with employees and would constantly punish the staff by giving them terrible hours or have them work till midnight( remember most of these stores are 24/7) and then have them be back by 6am.

The upper management is no better the area leaders only care about the store being open and expect you in store no matter what. Not to mention the fact that they, along with all of home office, are all off work for holidays but not normal employees.

To sum up the work/balance, I was nearly fired when I asked for more than 3 days off when my wife had our daughter and I ended up calling home office to voice my concerns. There is no balance with dodges I was stressed constantly and the workload was actually affecting my health.

My advice is to stay away from Dodges especially for management roles because I promise you can do better don't let them fool you!
Pros
Some travel if your a good store leader and for training which I actually did enjoy
Cons
Sooo much
compensation was good
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 20, 2013
They expected you to be there all day every day. You did not have any time off to spend with your family.
Pros
compensation
Productive and extremely busy
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 23, 2013
Stock, cash checks, run a register, and cook using fryers. Work at a very fast pace, with great accuracy. Multi tasking is a must, as well as organizational skills. Computer work, spreadsheets, juggle schedule and replacements in the event an employee calls out. Handle customer complaints and concerns.
Pros
Fun place, great atomosphere
Cons
no breaks, all night or evening shifts, never a weekend off
Productive work place.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 30, 2012
A typical work day would require you to be away from home 12 hours. However, the job was very enjoyable.
Pros
working with the public, compensation, cost of healthcare
Cons
work hours