Dodge Data & Analytics Employee Reviews

Great Job - Great People -
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 14, 2019
Company sold so all the administrative assistants were let go. I would still be there if I could. Great company when it was McGraw-Hill/Dodge Reports, Dodge Construction, but went crazy when sold.
Pros
Worked from home 3 days a week
Cons
Non
manager was great
Media Rep (Former Employee) –  Township of Hamilton, NJJanuary 19, 2019
just be more clear when hiring if your contract or full time .
Some co workers we pleasant and so were not. Love team meetings when everyone gets together and discuss ideas
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Making Due
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 9, 2019
Dodge is a very old company and not technically advanced. They make due with what they have but progress is not on their road map. they are just waiting for a buyer.
Great place
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 3, 2019
I’ve worked at Dodge for several years, since we were under McGraw Hill. While the day to day is busy, my current leadership team is knowledgeable and caring. There have been many changes over the last 2-3 years but my current manager takes the time to understand the challenges we face and helps with creating strategy for both our customers and our goals, which is not always an easy task. Dodge is investing in product and growing which is a great sign for the future.
Pros
Great work/life balance, free lunches often, good management, tight-knit team dynamic, modern office space
Cons
401k match
Great place to work...
National Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 13, 2018
I worked with Dodge Data & Analytics my entire professional career. 29 years under the McGraw-Hill Companies and the last 4 under new parent company Symphony Technology Group. Exceptional products and services offered to the Construction Industry.
Worst company I have evey worked at
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Township of Hamilton, NJNovember 27, 2018
I had to get out of there. This place is a hellscape filled with pompous upper managed, none of whom are qualified. Don't apply to this place. You will regret it.
Good temporary job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MASeptember 10, 2018
Good temp job. It is very repetitive and can get very boring. Alone most of the time. Good for people who need a full time job and are in school. It is not for everyone.
Horrible Place to Work
Director (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 25, 2018
The company has a toxic culture. People are generally unhelpful and the management is very greedy and unrealistic. Many have come and gone over the years. No bonuses, 401 k match etc.

The only pro is that some of the work is interesting if you like construction projects and building materials.

The company lays off its staff all the time.
Pros
Interesting work, historic building in Hamilton, produces interesting studies
Cons
Lay offs all the time, stressful, mean people
toxic environment
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 15, 2018
I do not feel comfortable about describe the work environment in my last 2 years at Dodge. it was not a healthy place to work. and the mojo was taken out.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Like a cruise, on the Titanic
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMarch 2, 2018
This is a sinking ship , total lack of direction by management. this company was at the forefront of technology in 1998 and they are still in 1998. I highly discourage anyone from working for DDA.
Pros
Bagels once a month
Cons
Incompetent leadership
Telecommute worked from home
Bid News Reporter (Former Employee) –  COJanuary 12, 2018
I was able to work from home which I enjoyed very much. I covered 10 states. My day started with calling owners, architects, general contractors, engineers for construction project updates. My position was to contact and update in our database bid dates, planholders, addenda. I also reported on bid results and contract awards once the bidding was complete.
The hardest part was not having people around to talk to and brainstorm. I missed the interaction with other people.
I enjoyed working from home it taught me to be self reliant as well as time management and prioritizing my workload which could be 70 - 90 projects to update in one day.
Pros
Working from home, great benefits
Cons
Missed interaction with co-workers
Review Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MANovember 7, 2017
100-125 calls were expected to make per day. The object was to extract subcontractor information from general contractors on high end construction projects. The hardest part was talking to clients who were not interested at all in speaking to anyone that they did not have to. The people i worked with were fantastic and they will be missed.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management
If you like construction, work here.
SAM (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2017
If you like change it's the place to be. Very competitive market place for their products. Trying to figure out how to compete in a price war with competitors. Great products.
Great people to work WITH
Sales Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJAugust 30, 2017
A new owner took over four years before I was let go due to the restructuring of the company. Prior to this, I enjoyed my job and even though I never got to meet many of my coworkers, we were a tight knit family. We received a raise every year, a bonus if our Account Managers made quota, and were recognized for any good deeds performed. In my 30th year, I was able to work from home. I was trusted with all client files, databases, confidential paperwork, and a procurement card to pay bills and buy supplies. This was a true bonus for me especially not having to travel downtown, pay for parking, and needing to leave work early for an appointment. If I had an appointment while working from home, I had the ability to use my lunch hour or finish my work later into the night if the appointment went over my hour limit. The one thing that my manager taught me was that family comes first. If there was an emergency, he allowed us to drop everything (with a phone call to him) and go take care of things. Every year, all employees that were with the company for 25+ years (active or retired), were invited to a luncheon.
Pros
Raises, bonuses, lots of benefits
Cons
Under new management
Expectations
DATA ACQUISITION ANALYST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2017
The required yearly production goals are unattainable. It feels like the company is setting the employees up to fail. They have also outsourced jobs overseas to save on labor costs.
Good organization but has downsized twice in two years.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2017
Enjoyed my brief time there but went through company's second downsize in two years. Change in management structure.
Good people with many years experience.
Media Rep
Media Rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 29, 2017
• Selling activity to include highly transnational classified advertising processing.
• Selling activity to meet or exceed quota which includes prospecting and follow-up sales calls to customers and potential customers, lead qualification, lead development including networking activity, and planning sales strategies.
• Service customers and prospects with sample products and marketing materials.
• Update Seibel database with current account information and provide accurate sales forecasting.
• Communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
Support and cover co-worker’s sales responsibilities during absences.
Lots of cold calls and prospecting.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
I work out of my home office remotely from our corporate headquarters which has some pros and cons about it. Most of my day is spent researching companies that might be a good fit for our products and services, researching our CRM database to try and find the correct contacts and then drafting my sales pitch and message to them.
Pros
Work at home environment
Cons
Not much help qualifying prospects
Busy Work Day
General Contractor Specialist in GA & OK states (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2016
Start work at 7am, answer phone, email, faxes, make phone calls, emails, faxes to be submitted for entry and data entry. Work day ended between 4 to 6 pm.
Pros
variety
Just a job
DNA (Former Employee) –  MidwestNovember 8, 2016
Since McGraw-Hill sold of Dodge Data & Analytics, there was no signs of a future for most within the organization. It became a job as opposed to a career.