Dodges Stores Employee Reviews

Dodges is a great place to work
3rd Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Leland, MSApril 9, 2019
At Dodges the people and guest a great people. Most of the day it's like being and some type of event because it has such a party atmosphere. The company is a great place to start a career.
Pros
competative pay
Cons
not sure of any
Negative place to work management has her personal picks
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 17, 2019
No comment . Manager wasn't far certain people could do whatever they wanted but others couldn't after 11 years got fired over fraudulent check that the home office gave me a code to cash it
host
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Okolona, MSFebruary 12, 2019
I like dodge cause of the people that came into dodge but the rule of dodges didn't mae any sence way so every I think if they lighting up on the tattoos rules they coud keep people
Poor ownership
Full Time (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 5, 2019
Unorganized and upper management is out of touch with their employees. It would make a good part time college job but not for someone looking for a career.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Poor benefits and support
Dramatic Workplace
Cashier/Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ArkansasJanuary 6, 2019
Turnover rate is very high. Management does not listen to issues so issues can not and will not be addressed. Training is inadequate. More time is spent training on computers than training in person.
Pros
Cons
No breaks unless you smoke
fast paced and some times fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARJanuary 3, 2019
I love working for my boss. Just not my boss' bosses. All of the regulations in place make it impossible to keep good help. It is a gas station, not a 5 star hotel. Sometimes it is enough to make anyone want to quit. I can say that many would love to work here. But expect to lose about half of yourself and your freedom if you are outside even the smallest box. No tattoos, no more than 2 piercings per ear, no long nails (fake I understand, but real is ridiculous), and no jeans. This is silly since jeans are much more functional and cheaper than dress slacks, and tattoos (non-offensive), piercings (not in gigantic abundance), and normal length nails are just human society now. They call it a party, but want a nice stay at home dinner when the in-laws are present. That makes no sense.
Pros
friendly staff, good food
Cons
no real breaks, overly strict dress code, no discounts on food or drinks, fire over anything
The worst job I've ever had
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Troutville, VADecember 1, 2018
Dodge's is in it for themselves, they don't care about employees. No discounts, no lunch breaks (might get to sit down for maybe 15 minutes), favoritism, no benefits, & horrible pay. They advertise one pay but then make you jump through hoops to get to the next level pay (increments of .50). The Troutville store allows employees to treat one another any way they wish without repercussions. Horrible experience & even worse company. You may be hired as one title & end up being a host/ess.
Pros
Literally, nothing
Cons
Too much drama and favoritism
Money Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Leland, MSOctober 10, 2018
When I worked there the management showed favoritism among the employees and kept alot of drama going. It has been a few years since I have worked there and I think its under new management so I cant say for sure how it is now.
Money Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, TNOctober 1, 2018
Management could care less how much you have to do, or whether everyone pitches in to get tasks done or if one person does it all their selves. Treated disrespectfully, and like the job is the only thing that matters. Management doesn't care if you have a family or personal life, all they want is you to live for Dodge Store.
Stressful and does not care about employee health
Mantenance (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNOctober 1, 2018
If you get any illness where you can not come in one day they autommatically will dock you in some way ethier pay or work days and overall attitude towards you changes they treat each other with no respect or regard towards others
It was a great place to work but not as a career at the time.
cutomer service/ food service (Former Employee) –  Muldraugh, KYSeptember 28, 2018
I really enjoyed my job there, but management left a lot to be desired. We were constantly short staffed and if you weren't a "friend" of management you were stuck picking up the slack. One member of management lacked the proper people skills to lead others.
High Stress/High pay
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 25, 2018
Dodges is a high stress, multi tasking position that requires you to be on-point at all times. You must have the ability to be on call 24/7 and the ability to work 365 days a year. The pay is competitive with these requirements.
Dodge's
Dodge's Chicken Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 22, 2018
it was a wonderful company to work for, Flexible working hours. Very friendly and clean staff. Military discounts for Active duty personnel. There were always a daily special.
Fast pace
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, scSeptember 20, 2018
Rude customers, always stayed busy, making breakfast in the am, once a month meeting, don't concern themselves about their employees, didn't like working 3rd shift for 2 and half years...
Pros
Hard place to work
Cons
No healthcare
great food
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 11, 2018
overall it was a fun place to work. Great customers and coworkers. would work with you on your schedule. Pay could have been better but still enjoyed my time there
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
no bennefits
convenient store
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, LASeptember 5, 2018
fast pace, customer service
flexible hours
management sometimes professional
needed more hours
team player and willing to help other in time of need
busy on weekends
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hour
The best job i've ever had
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 2, 2018
Okay, so just know that i'm a vegetarian. I have some cognitive dissonance working at Dodge's (a CHICKEN store). But other than that, I LOVE MY JOB. I LOVE MY COWORKERS. I LOVE MY SHIFT/STORE/AREA LEADERS. Not gonna lie, I rolled my eyes when they said that they try to make it feel like a party at work. It seriously has changed my mind though. It's still work of course, so it does get stressful and hard some times, but I seriously have so much fun and love doing it. There's PLENTY of room for advancement. I have never been in management, and was offered the money center manager position and shift leader position within a week of working there. It is a fast paced job that keeps you on your toes, but it is not difficult. Have fun with it!

Also-This is a family owned company. One of the sons called our store and talked to me personally to ask about one of our employees who had a seizure at work. They really do care.
Pros
straight forward work, great management, financially sound company
Cons
can take over your personal time
Fun very active
Dodges Chicken (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 29, 2018
Night crew gave me life We stayed on lit Our customers loved us The general manager loved us But when we got this new manager All of the coworkers Started to look for other employment due to her attitude and lack of hours but otherwise I would’ve stayed there
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
If you enjoy meeting new people this the job for you
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 22, 2018
Enjoyed working on a team, made the work day easy and time flew by. Management than was awful due to the original manager relocation and assistance manager we was in between mangers and that’s when the crew fell apart
Fast paced
ASSISTANT STORE LEADER (Current Employee) –  Cleveand, MSAugust 15, 2018
I work an average of 12 hours a day, usually getting 50 to 55 hours a week. There is no opportunity for advancement and no health insurance. You must be expected to work at a drop of a hat due to cal ins. There is a very high employee turnover.