Doherty Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

Work hard, play hard!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  MNNovember 28, 2018
Matching talent with new opportunities is extremely rewarding in itself. The company culture is a huge bonus! Their is a family atmosphere with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Whether you are looking for a stepping stone or a career, Doherty Staffing is the perfect option! The metrics in place can be stressful on different days, but make sense to ensure everybody is successful.
Pros
We have fun. Management is super supportive. Benefits. Family/Team Culture.
Cons
Some days get long and can be repetitious.
Previous employee
Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Doherty. It is a great place to gain knowledge in HR. My manager was always will to help me grow.

They need to increase pay across the board for employees. Benefits are good but pay is low.
A Temp employment agency
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Perham, MNJuly 30, 2018
I was hired as a contract staffing specialist. I had no benefits, there really wasn't any expectation of moving up in my position. Management support wasn't as it really should have been.
Great opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Southern MnMay 19, 2018
Join this company with the right attitude and dedication and your opportunities for growth are endless. I started in an entry level position and I promoted into a management position.

Doherty has become a second family. The people are great, you will not just be another numbered employee.
Pros
Health, Pto, and 401k benefits
Staff isn't very attentive
Temporary Staff (Current Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNApril 18, 2018
The staff wasn't very attentive and not kept in the loop about my supervisor at my assignment. Poor management at assignment too. She is difficult to get ahold of when I need assistance.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
expensive benefits
Doherty Staffing
Bilingual Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at Doherty. The staff and the management are really friendly. All the staff work hard to help people. I would recommend people to try working there.
Temporary agency
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Princeton, MNFebruary 25, 2018
Quick to get back to potential applicants. Wide range of jobs that can fit within your schedule. Weekly pay. They offer benefits. Good stepping stone to get into a company permanently.
Pros
Work when you can
Cons
Benefits are not so great
This company SUCKS!!!
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Crookston, MNJune 24, 2018
Poor management, poor training, and even poor expectations. The company expectations you as a person to just right in an know how to work all their programs and they want 12 hours of work in an 8 hour day. They give you a lunch period but they don't expect you to really take it Because if you do not answer emails back within one or two minutes they are calling you asking what you are doing.. Talk about micromanaging.
Pros
Helping people in need
Cons
See above Everything about this company sucks
A Good Place to Start
Recruiter/Business Development (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 3, 2017
Doherty is a great first job out of school. It seems to be where a lot of new grads end up because of how basic the requirements are to be hired.

The culture highly depends on which office you end up in. The Area Operations manager does an amazing job at matching recruiters in the clerical division based on a culture fit.

Where Doherty lacks is mostly in expectations. Expectations from the beginning are clearly stated but not upheld. Metric requirements fluctuate and it is unclear if they are not upheld because they are unreasonable or because they would have to let go of half of their recruiting staff if they did so.

My advice to the company is to figure out a clear and reasonable goal for your clerical division and then back it completely. Expecting your clerical team to live up to your light industrial offices is unreasonable and causes those employees to feel unsatisfied in their work and unmotivated.

Overall, I did enjoy working at Doherty but believe they could make some changes.
Pros
Pto, nice co-workers, 401k
Cons
Non Negotiable 1 hour lunch break, management not trained on how to lead teams, promotions based on longevity with company rather than leadership skill, little room to advance
Temp Work
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MNJune 19, 2018
You get placed in various worksites performing various tasks. I've worked in production settings for this company. It's o.k., for the most part you don't have a lifelong career with this company because you can work your way into a permanent position with the companies I've been staffed at.
Pros
weekly pay, able to say yes or no to jobs, able to stay with this company or become permanent at company placement.
Cons
PTO isn't good compared to alot of other companies
productive working
Production Worker (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 11, 2018
At cargill you would usually get there an dther first thing you woud do is clock in . after you clock in you would get dressed and go to wok but before you start you would wash your hands before evr=erything.
Pros
standing all day
Cons
short breaks
temp agency
Food Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNNovember 14, 2018
when I worked here the conditions were bad, I worked for a well known manufacturing company in St. Louis Park, making boost drinks. The supervisor was indeed a racist, who would often patronize the workers.
Pros
getting paid
Cons
the cost of labor
Good
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 11, 2018
Start day at good time. Manager gives instructions you work. Friendly productive co workers. The hardest part of a job was the mandatory overtime. Best part weekly pay and flexibility.
Caring employers
Packer/ Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2018
I was most important, to me while working for this company, My input was valued that is the way I felt. They put the employee first and foremost. Caring and involved.
Pros
Fair company to work for
Cons
Job Security
Production rocks
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 23, 2018
They are a good company to work for if you enjoy being a temp. They do have some temp to hire jobs but most take awhile to get full time employment in.
they tried to keep everyone in work but it was very unstable
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Big Lake, MNJune 27, 2018
Boring and Long I learned I am not cut out for factory work. Management was good. I was a relaxed atmosphere. Hardest part was the ppe we had to wear. I liked the people
Very forward moving company to work for
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 8, 2018
Loved the job did not like my commute. Work place culture was productive and interactive.

Doherty Staffing was expedient in finding a placement for me that matched my job qualifications and wage requirements.
Pros
Company Lunches on Fridays.
Cons
My Commute
Willing to work with you for find employement
Office Support (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 17, 2018
Puts you with the correct position. It is a temp agency. That is all it is. They find you jobs that match your profile.They are willing to offer other positions outside your skills to ensure that there is something that you can do.
Fast paced fun environment
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 12, 2018
Very poor management doesn't listen to employees concerns I was threatened by an other employee an nothing happened doesn't except doctors notes needs new management
Pros
Lunch paid
Cons
Poor management
Fun work environment with great coworkers
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNDecember 20, 2016
In the time I have been here I have enjoyed being a part of the Doherty team. As a new employee I was welcomed on the team by all members and have been able to experience a fun work environment. I have expanded my customer service skills and interpersonal relationship skills with the help of my management team. The most difficult part of the job would be the uncertainty that is present when dealing with a wide range of people. Besides that, it's enjoyable to have the ability to help others and work with an energetic and helpful team which is something that is crucial to enjoying a position!
Pros
Benefits, Great Co-workers
Cons
Some long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doherty Staffing Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about