Doherty Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

Nightmare
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 15, 2019
Waste of time. No advancements. Management and the team aren’t able to assist candidates due to language barriers. Positions to staff for were very small. Only the light industrial departments are expected to work,while other departments drink wine and gossip about politics. Company moral is very low. This company is a waste of time. Don’t waste your time there.
Also the Edina building had gas leaks. The bathrooms are out of service. The heaters don’t work. The kitchen had no running water.
Breaks were limited. If you want to work for a company that gossips, and puts importance on small town management who are “clueless” then Doherty is for you.
Pros
Next to Starbucks
Cons
small town managers
Great Company to work for
On-Site Representative (Current Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAFebruary 11, 2019
I am very thankful for Doherty. My staffing manager is wonderful, helpful, patient, kind and cares about all Doherty employees. Great leader and example of integrity. Doherty over all is a great company to work for and I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone.
productive work place
Assembly Operator, Abbott Medical (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJanuary 25, 2019
the company itself is good at what they does. they keep in communication with the employers often. they match employers up with the best job that fits their experience
Temp agency
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJanuary 5, 2019
It’s kind of a “take what we got” thing, so take that with a grain of salt i guess. Almost all jobs offered were really good pay. If you find anything you liked, there is always the opportunity to make that a permanent employment status (if the assignment manager likes you)...
Pros
Great pay opportunity
Cons
Usually requires commuting (20+ miles)
material handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJanuary 4, 2019
machine feeder operate forklift pull orders for production from warehouse stock place in a QC area then after QC move to machine area subtract amount from stock when finish with balance the numbers in the Data base after use put back int stock on a repetitive manner assist in other duties
Work hard, play hard!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  MNNovember 28, 2018
Matching talent with new opportunities is extremely rewarding in itself. The company culture is a huge bonus! Their is a family atmosphere with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Whether you are looking for a stepping stone or a career, Doherty Staffing is the perfect option! The metrics in place can be stressful on different days, but make sense to ensure everybody is successful.
Pros
We have fun. Management is super supportive. Benefits. Family/Team Culture.
Cons
Some days get long and can be repetitious.
temp agency
Food Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNNovember 14, 2018
when I worked here the conditions were bad, I worked for a well known manufacturing company in St. Louis Park, making boost drinks. The supervisor was indeed a racist, who would often patronize the workers.
Pros
getting paid
Cons
the cost of labor
Doherty Staffing
Bilingual Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at Doherty. The staff and the management are really friendly. All the staff work hard to help people. I would recommend people to try working there.
productive working
Production Worker (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 11, 2018
At cargill you would usually get there an dther first thing you woud do is clock in . after you clock in you would get dressed and go to wok but before you start you would wash your hands before evr=erything.
Pros
standing all day
Cons
short breaks
Good
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 11, 2018
Start day at good time. Manager gives instructions you work. Friendly productive co workers. The hardest part of a job was the mandatory overtime. Best part weekly pay and flexibility.
Previous employee
Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Doherty. It is a great place to gain knowledge in HR. My manager was always will to help me grow.

They need to increase pay across the board for employees. Benefits are good but pay is low.
Production rocks
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 23, 2018
They are a good company to work for if you enjoy being a temp. They do have some temp to hire jobs but most take awhile to get full time employment in.
Nice.
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 3, 2018
Pretty facts paced environment. Helpful with any questions I have had. My boss is really relax and understands peoples point of view or situations. I would reccomend it.
A Temp employment agency
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Perham, MNJuly 30, 2018
I was hired as a contract staffing specialist. I had no benefits, there really wasn't any expectation of moving up in my position. Management support wasn't as it really should have been.
Willing to work with you for find employement
Office Support (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 17, 2018
Puts you with the correct position. It is a temp agency. That is all it is. They find you jobs that match your profile.They are willing to offer other positions outside your skills to ensure that there is something that you can do.
Great challenge
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 12, 2018
I learned a lot at Doherty Staffing Solutions. Gained very good experience and skills for life and work. Very challenging industry, but very rewarding.
they tried to keep everyone in work but it was very unstable
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Big Lake, MNJune 27, 2018
Boring and Long I learned I am not cut out for factory work. Management was good. I was a relaxed atmosphere. Hardest part was the ppe we had to wear. I liked the people
Caring employers
Packer/ Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2018
I was most important, to me while working for this company, My input was valued that is the way I felt. They put the employee first and foremost. Caring and involved.
Pros
Fair company to work for
Cons
Job Security
This company SUCKS!!!
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Crookston, MNJune 24, 2018
Poor management, poor training, and even poor expectations. The company expectations you as a person to just right in an know how to work all their programs and they want 12 hours of work in an 8 hour day. They give you a lunch period but they don't expect you to really take it Because if you do not answer emails back within one or two minutes they are calling you asking what you are doing.. Talk about micromanaging.
Pros
Helping people in need
Cons
See above Everything about this company sucks
Temp Work
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MNJune 19, 2018
You get placed in various worksites performing various tasks. I've worked in production settings for this company. It's o.k., for the most part you don't have a lifelong career with this company because you can work your way into a permanent position with the companies I've been staffed at.
Pros
weekly pay, able to say yes or no to jobs, able to stay with this company or become permanent at company placement.
Cons
PTO isn't good compared to alot of other companies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doherty Staffing Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.