Dollar Bank Employee Reviews

Room for advancement
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2018
If you desire to move up in a company Dollar Bank will help you achieve this goal. Provides great training for the job. Employees are always willing to learn and teach. Employees work as a team to accomplish daily task.
I enjoyed working at Dollar Bank
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2018
Dollar Bank was an enjoyable place to work. The expectations were reasonable and the goals attainable yet challenging. The culture is a little rigid at times and doesn't allow for alot of independent thought or action.
Okay place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44132March 21, 2018
Dollar Bank is a small mutual bank who really focuses on satisfying their customers, however the environment for employees is very inconsistent across the board. The hardest part of the job is working on out dated systems that are in desperate need of updating, also CSS positions are required to work behind the teller line as well and the pay is much to low to be working two positions within the bank. Overall it is a very interesting experience working at Dollar Bank, most employees are nice but there are many people in management positions who just are not good leaders.
Good working envrionment
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 12, 2018
Having worked for this company 20 plus years ago, I was elated to be able to have another opportunity. I originally left to start a family and raise my children.

My position prior to leaving the Bank years ago was in processing residential mortgages. This new position was closing and servicing New Construction loans which further expanded my knowledge in the mortgage loan industry.
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
Good place to work part-time
Part-time Teller (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMarch 1, 2018
Good place to work part-time. I went to school to get MBA at the same time, and was able to balance work and my classes schedule.
Management was very supportive and easy to work with.
Support
LAN Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 26, 2018
Supporting 28 Branches and Back Office as well. Deployment, Networking, Configuring, Training on new Hardware and Software. Recycling old equipment and purchasing
Management has favorites.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJanuary 17, 2018
Dollar Bank HR Department was a joke. If somebody files a complaint HR automatically takes that persons side. No investigating. Left for better pay but would have left anyhow. If you put in 2 weeks notice they will send you home and not pay. I put my notice in knowing that and started new job next business day
Pros
Cons
Staffing
Dollar Bank
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHJanuary 5, 2018
Very good place to work. It's been a few years since I worked there so i'm sure a lot of things have changed. It was a slower paced environment but very competitive.
starting something new
Customer Service Representative (Teller) (Former Employee) –  Rocky River, OHJanuary 3, 2018
My life at Dollar Bank as a "teller". I really enjoyed the job. Talking to customers was a treat but only after they got to know me. The branch I worked at was typically an older crowd so they did not take well to change but I guess that's true for us all so it took some adjusting. I would balance my daily cash drawer, balance the ATM, open and close the facilities if needed. when I found out I was pregnant with my son I made the decision to move on. I needed benefits and better Income to give him a better life. The whole team there was awesome and still miss them after all these years.
fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Gibsonia, PADecember 12, 2017
The dollar bank is a very good learning place. The training offered at the initial days is also very good. The managers are very well versed about the entire banking system.
Slow Technology
IT (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 30, 2017
Technology has a long way to go, and so does some of the management. Project management overall could use a boost in organization. The level of communication and organization is lacking. Documentation is a major aspect that needs to ingrained in the day to day tasks.
Pros
laid back environment, lots of knowledge with the people who have been around for years.
Cons
Inability to change with employees with years of tenure, A lot of "it's who know" hiring occurring lately, Communication and organization of projects.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHOctober 18, 2017
Depending on where you are located, is what determines your experience working here. Great place to get your foot in the door, but pay is not good, benefits are ok.
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 27, 2017
This is a great starting point. Compensation could be higher but the job itself is very rewarding . Great co-workers and the job itself is not hard. I would recommend Dollar Bank
Productive enjoyable work place
Loan Relationship Specialist Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 4, 2017
this job was in the beginning stages of my career. So, honestly I don't remeber too much abut them. I was only with this company for about a year before I relocated out of the area.
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2017
This job was a entry level job the included part time Teller work and part time customer service specialist work / platform work. Support from staff and training for job was excellent. Great company to work for and learn for a entry level job.
Great Company, Low Pay
Treasury Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15222July 11, 2017
Excellent Training and Benefit; however, pay is lower than the national and local average for most positions. Management is understanding and helpful. Always willing to listen.
Good environment but low pay
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2017
The work shift was always busy but manageable. The company trained very well its employees and provided resources to service the customer correctly. The workplace was amicable and management worked with employees to maintain a positive environment.
Pay was low in relationship to the demands of the job. Management made sure no one would work overtime hours.
Tough place to work at. Low salaries
Collector I (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 21, 2017
Daily activity was at a comfortable pace. Dollar bank has their own way of operating. Management is tough if you don't fit in. Depending on the department you're in, co-workers can be nasty and management does not address that properly.

The hardest part is no matter how effective you are, if you don't fit in, your out. Tough group to work with.

The most enjoyable was meeting and getting to know a lot of the co workers in other departments.

Salaries are very low, and raises were scarce.
Fun and exciting place to work
Card Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2017
A average day working for Dollar Bank was being on time checking the fax machine making sure nothing came in after office hours. Also respecting each other and their personal space was great there.
Ok
Customer Service Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 5, 2017
Room for advancement
Nice Hours/Holiday pay
Communication issues with management
low pay for how much you are required to do
Benefits available
Good products for customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Bank. Our community is ready to answer.