Dollar Shave Club Employee Reviews

We picked internet orders shipping out
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 20, 2019
Everything a man need to be fresh shavers shampoo toothpaste creams hair products cologne everything that a man will use in a daily basis to look good
Pros
Trips free coffee every day special days with lunch paid
Cons
It was a temporary job
Poor management
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJanuary 14, 2019
If you do not suck up to management, then you go nowhere there. They had a lady there on their management team that would go around talking about the employees and would then take it to the upper management to get them fired all because she did not like them.
Amazing
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHOctober 29, 2018
This is a family workplace. I have worked at the location in Grove City, OH since it has opened and I love it. The management is always cheerful and helpful. They love their job, so it makes your love going to work every day.
Pros
3 breaks, great coworkers
Relaxed enviroment
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHFebruary 3, 2018
Pretty good place to work, pay is not all that great but you can earn raises. The culture itself is relaxed, but management needs to work on better communication. Nothing really hard about the job, just make sure you show up and do your job and stay on task.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment, can learn different areas, paid holidays off
Cons
Communication, the pay could be way better, can be a negative work enviroment sometimes.
Awesome Company
Software Engineer & QA Intern (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CADecember 21, 2017
This is a great company due to gaining invaluable experiences, gaining great mentorship, and great culture fit. I have learned a great amount of skills that I have not gained anywhere else.
Great place to work!
Operations Manager, West Coast DC (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2017
Highly recommend this company for someone looking to be part of a zero nonsense team! Upper management offers plenty of freedom for the team to thrive.
Hands down the worst place I've ever worked
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAAugust 24, 2017
I'm hopeful that Unilever will come in and change things but as of now, this place is a disaster. The majority of the executive team is a joke and the male exec team is so male dominant, it has made other males on the organization uncomfortable. Lastly, strategic focus is non-existent. Exec and top leaders in the organization frequently talk about the "how" but almost none sets strategic priorities for their teams.
Pros
Free lunch one day a week, barista on site, some snacks
Cons
Lacks strategic focus, male dominant/Sexist, zero empowerment
Fun workplace lacking competent management.
Inventory Control Helper (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 8, 2017
Its a fun workplace that offers 45 minute lunches; however, the incompetence of management makes it very difficult to work in the environment. Overall, a very cool place to work in if looking for an easy short term job.
Dedicated to success, fun at times
Shipping and Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 21, 2016
My experience in Dollar Shave Club, l learned how to manage people and how to work in a team . I also learned how to work with the company system, I also know how to make my own decisions as a lead. How to solve multiple problems and how to take action when nobody can . I learned that all of my co workers have different personalities and opinions . I enjoy lunch with co-workers when aconplish things at work together.
Pros
Free lunch, long breaks
Cons
No over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Shave Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight