Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Thrifty Car Rental Shuttle Driver and Maintenance employee
Shuttle Driver/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJune 28, 2018
I was employed to pick up the clients at the airport in a shuttle van a take them to the store to pick up there rental car. Later after the client return with there rental car my job is the return the client to the airport for there flight.
Fast pace working.
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2018
dollar thrifty auto group was a great place to work. They provided flexible times to fit my life. They take professional pride in dealing with the customers.
Dont come here
Counter Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 31, 2018
Not worth your time. Spokane/Idaho location owners are not trustworthy. Definitely not a career. No advancement, no raises, expensive insurance, forced to relocate.
Pros
co workers
Cons
everything else
Good Place to Work but excessive Hours of Operations
Location Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77061May 1, 2018
Dollar was a Fun place to work but very exhausting due to the amount of hours, 14 to 16 hrs. daily and unfortunately business sales depends on corporations contracts which was reduced during the oil industry crisis, 2015 -2016.
I achieved the gold of increment sales of 51% in the division I was in charge.
I really enjoyed the work place environment, all co-worker was friends and like family
Pros
Excessive Hours
Cons
Learning Development Opportunity
This job has taught me a lot. I love it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 23, 2018
Working at a car rental place is challenging. I meet a lot of different people. I love working with people from all over the world. I love being in sales also. It’s like challenging yourself everyday
Pros
Team work
Cons
I don’t have any just yet
A good second job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 22, 2018
I love talking to the customers and giving directions when needed. The job was fast paced. The disappointments was when we didn’t have enough or the kind of vehicle the customer wanted.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No available vehicles
stressful work environment
Flex Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 20, 2018
corporate and management expect for you to but your tail for little compensation for what you're selling, company sees you as just a number and does t genuinely care about or cherish their employees,all about sales
Pros
pto
Cons
no team work
Its A job
Car Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 19, 2018
The work that is required far exceeds the compensation. You're expected to go above and beyond your job but you aren't rewarded for the hard work. There aren't any supervisors, just glorified babysitters with no authority, or backbone for that matter. Management will not fight for their employees and will abuse the employees if you don't make a conscious effort to at least attempt to stand up for yourself. I work outside and the higher ups could care less about how you have to deal with the ever changing weather, they don't provide any sort of protection, meanwhile the competitors around us are giving raises and incentives to their workers.
Pros
Plentiful overtime when the season starts
Cons
management, compensation, work environment
relaxed work enviroment
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2018
opportunity to make more money on commissions selling upgrades and vehicle insurance renting vehicles to customers seeing new faces and interacting with customers was so much fun I am a people person an really enjoy working with the public
Pros
working with the public
Cons
pay could have been better
Good Job
Telephone Sales Representative / Webchat Operator (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKApril 8, 2018
It was a good job for when I was in college. it had very flexible hours and worked with my school hours. But when I graduated and wanted to advance, There weren't many opportunities in my area.

Want to know more about Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.?

Ask a question
Director (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group before their closure. The team was fantastic there. They were dedicated, hardworking and believed in the Brands.
It was a good place of employment !!!!!!!!
Courtesy Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2018
I was a good place to work ; but , they could not come up with a good raie to keep employees there like a few of us had ( 15 ) years or more sevices with this company .
A great local company
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  SeattleMarch 12, 2018
A great local company to work for. The people that I was around were very nice. The office was great we did a great many different things in the office that kept things interesting
grate experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2018
it was an exelente time to work whit them, I like a lot they have respect for their employees I hopr they continiue like that. manager where grate and the GM WAS JUST amazing person grate team and grate leaders
Pros
hourly plus comission
Cons
you have to work really hard to get good commission check
stayed steady
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 1, 2018
The business would be very busy every day and there wasn't really any down time. It made the day go by fast from staying busy on my shifts. I always looked forward to working when i had to.
Pros
getting overtimes
Cons
not getting overtimes
productive and became close with fellow employees
Rental Car Agent (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 1, 2018
the first 7 years were the best. after that the business grew and continued to grow and they placed less focus on employees and more focus was directed at sales and profits
Pros
grewat company with dental, 401 and dental benefits
Cons
less concern about employees and more focused on making th emoney
Loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Counter
Rental Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 15, 2018
Working at the counter for Dollar?Thrifty was a fast paced environment that you need to be ready for each day. When presented with travelers that need to get to their destination, you have to be sure to understand their needs to make each person happy wishing the guidelines of the company. A part of my job was to make every person at my counter leave stress free in a vehicle that made them feel as if they were home. Traveling can be a very stressful event, I am there to welcome each person with a warm smile and to have them leave alleviated of any hassle. I have accomplished this task daily.
Pros
Fast paced daily, commission driven, incentives daily
Cons
Management changed
Fun workplace
Administrate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAFebruary 8, 2018
A typical day was opening the location at 5am and my customers bringing in donuts and coffee. It was always one family at the location local and corporate.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Sales
Not a good place to work
VSA (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Extremely Poor management from San Antonio branch airport location, very stressful, they are not sympathetic to veterans needs or disabilities, they will lie on you, and they are abusive to their employees, Hertz must condone this behavior, because I have reported it to HR and they do nothing and allow the people to still work their, supervisions are very abusive