Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work
Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 13, 2019
Very nice work environment. Family oriented. Very fair, open door policy. I would highly recommend this company.
It is a place I would return to if the opportunity came up.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Salary range is a bit low
Great Place to Work
TRAINING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 10, 2019
I should have never left. I was very young and thought the grass was greener on the other side of the fence. With hindsight being 20/20 this was a fabulous place to work.
nice getting paid every week
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 10, 2019
managements a mess , always going through people no ine ever knows whats going on . very stressful job . they dont care about your personal lives everyone is for themselves
Pros
discounts paid everyweek
Rude and unprofessional management team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2019
They're rude, egotistical, and try to use manipulation tricks to take advantage of people. The Team lead made fun of me and laughed at me when i came to interview.
A great company to work for, unfiortunatly we lost the contarct
SHUTTLE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 17, 2019
Working at Thrifty Car Rental / Newport Beach was a rewarding and a very satisfying job, I loved working with my coworkers, enjoyed being around new customers day in and day out, it kept me on my feet and was my joy of every day being around new people/customers. Loved the heck out of it. My managers were so nice and respectful but at the same time they were so friendly and appreciative of my hard work. I was putting in 50 to 60 hours a week but loved it and was always not just on time but way before my shift started and I can and will provide you with the names of my three mangers so you can confirm the above.
Pros
Many times I took very short lunches and skipped breakes too just to keep my customers happy
Cons
had none, loved working there but my boss lost the contract, sad to say.
Good fun place to work
VSA (Former Employee) –  Lihue, HIApril 15, 2019
It was a very fun place to work met lots of nice people pretty easy driving the cars to the ready line also cleaning the cars with the right tools it goes fast
Pros
Weekly pay checks
Cons
Not enough hrs have to have another part time
Sometimes get free lunch. Always get a christmas bonus
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 22, 2019
Fun place but can be stressful. Management good about meeting scheduling needs.Downside is there is no raises given but have a chance to receive a monthly bonus
Pros
Customers know you by name, set schedule, bonuses
Cons
No breaks. Work holidays
cool place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAMarch 21, 2019
Pretty straight forward work days, fairly easy not stressful at all. the management is cool as long as your doing your job. Its sometimes hard dealing with customer situations. Can be stressful at times.
Pros
great heathcare
Cons
the pay
Out of business
Subrogation Examiner (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 13, 2019
This company was bought out by Hertz. It was a fine company to work for and the benefits were good. The job left the city I live in and they moved to Florida.
Another day, another problem. Nothing will change for the better if youre an employee!!
Sales (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 24, 2019
Can’t stress enough how horrible the work environment from top to bottom is. Management is all time horrible! You’re literally running around in circles trying to get answers from management. They will tell you one thing and do the complete opposite. Constant changes the incentive pay for the worst, without any warning or discussion with the people it affects the most. When they hire you, they sale you in an unlimited potential of money you can make with the incentive but trust me don’t buy it. They’re constantly making change to the incentive structure, so you don’t make what they told you what was possible, and there’s no way to challenge any of it. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve come in and noticed changes to how we get paid without notice from management. It’s ridiculous. They have no care, no remorse for how they treat employees. They only care about looking a certain way or projection a certain image when the big bosses come into town. Always no cars and you’re left to explain this to the customers when they come in. It’s a joke of a location and a joke of a business. We’re the stepchild that Hertz never wanted. They love to say they’re working on things, and it’ll get better but it never will.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Incentive pay not what it seems to be, management, low inventory.
Busy, sometimes stressful during during half of the year. My SFO location tends t9 be busier than off-airport locations.
Instant Return Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 7, 2019
I wish my location managers would be more concerned with lack of staff coverage than mandatory meetings everyday which does nothing to improve the company standards. The job requires an effective domino effect. One department can be short-staffed and it throws everyone else off.
Pros
Fixed schedule, incentives
Cons
Not enough staff coverage
Cool co-workers
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2019
The employees, under management, they are pretty cool. The hierarchy is something different. They only care for themselves, and don’t care too much about the employees.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
24/7 365 business
Co workers were the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2019
Fast pace and stressful. Only thing good about this employment was bonus if your able to sell and trick others into buying additional products. Other employees were very cool and family oriented and was awesome to work with.
Pros
Co workers.
Cons
Pay is very low, management at night is hard to find, many other problems.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group. Inc. was enjoyable
Roadside Assistance (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJanuary 16, 2019
While working for DTAG, I very much enjoyed my time. The company sold the call centers to another company without the same moral values and employee care.
Underfunded
MANAGER, PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, E-COMMERCE (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 11, 2019
The car rental game has really tight margins so the salaries were minimal at best. I will say it was a slow-paced and friendly place to work. It gave you lots of time to plan and research.
Pros
Easy going place to work
Cons
You'll be underpaid
the work envoronment was comfotable and ejoyable to work.
Exit Gate Booth Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2019
the job provided me with the opportunity to meet different people for different walks of life. I learned about the daily operations of the car rental business.
Pros
company rentals
Cons
work outside in kinds of wether
Productive, fun to work
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIDecember 17, 2018
Working at (Dollar) was a very difficult time for me. I learned that we have to be fast, and on the job every hour. Management was well provided. Everyone was well treated at the job. Therefore the hardest part to me was getting the (number of expected cars cleaned)cars cleaned. Other than that I enjoyed working my a** off.
Pros
Break time
Cons
Short break time
Overall company ok.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIDecember 13, 2018
Very family oriented company for many years. Hertz buy out seemed to have lost a lot of the Aloha. The company trend has turned more to profits than taking care of management. Bonuses very minimal and inconsistent. I enjoyed mentoring employees over the years to have them become successful. I was a loyal and dedicated employee and was always on time. In the last 15 years I missed maybe 3 days due to illness. I have passed this down the my sub managers stressing the importance of attendance. Overall. The employees need to be taken care of regularly.
Pros
Employee lunches
Cons
Bonuses
Was ok
Dean Honda Used Cars (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PANovember 19, 2018
Made great friends and great memories. Dollar Thrifty was ran 3rd party out of a family run Honda dealership. So it wasn't that great. There was no connection with corporate.
Low hourly wage and, believe it or not, no hot water.
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTNovember 14, 2018
There were a few people who tried to boss and push me around when, in fact, they were NOT MY BOSSES. In one instance, I told one employee to get off my back because I had enough.
Pros
Working on my own.
Cons
Very poor management.