Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

very fun place to work
Claims and DMV Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 11, 2018
loved working in car rental, thinking of going back. loved meeting people from all over the world, working in an international airport. driving all different kinds of cars
Pros
company car
Cons
got laid off in the dollar/thrifty merger
fast-paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJanuary 3, 2018
sometimes there 200+ cars coming in or leaving so we had to make sure we had everything ready. sometimes we had to get cars from another location or move some to another location to make space for the incoming cars
A comfortable work environment
Regional Training Manager, Northeast Region (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 3, 2018
A comfortable environment but some areas were very demanding and competitive. The benefits were comparable to any major corporation. There were people from every culture and background.
Low pay with no benefits
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2017
I have this job because my family needs to survive but the pay is bad and has no benefits. We move cars to be cleaned then to their locations all day long.
Terrible Place to Work
LOCATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCDecember 5, 2017
It was one of the worst job experiences I have ever had. There was no support. HR ruled the company and employees were treated like they were in prison.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor environment
Good work environment
Return Agent (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 3, 2017
Typical day is 10 hours long with various tasks performed throughout the day to assist customers with the rental car process. Great job to have to help fill gaps in employment.
Company was bought out.
Executive Director Maintenance, US (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 21, 2017
Company has been merged into The Hertz Corporation. It is no longer a stand alone group. Great talent and energy in the corporation. Bonus program was very productive.
horrible
Trainer/Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCNovember 20, 2017
horrible company wont go back no pay rude management horrible never work there sc offices are the worst wouldn't recommend to anyone Columbia office is horrible
Leadership is immoral
Employee (Former Employee) –  North Syracuse, NYNovember 15, 2017
They try to justify selling and no one has any idea what they're doing besides the vice president and business manager.Company was a hand me down to an immoral president whom only looks to abuse the employees and treat everyone else like garbage
Pros
pay, weekends off
Cons
everything else
Good place to work overall
Return Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2017
Co workers are great but management not as much Usually most co workers get along and treat each other as family. Only bad thing would be managers. They recently reduced our commison we get and that hurts our livelihood.
Great Company
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 20, 2017
I had a great boss and good working companions. I was in before 7 a.m. and finished anywhere from 7-9 p.m. most days. I learned a great deal about franchise owners and operations and a great deal about the automotive industry as well. It was a wonderful experience and I am grateful for the opportunity,
Pros
Managers were given a car
Cons
Always busy
Lot Attendant/Detailer (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 2, 2017
They are honest
they want hard workers to get cars out and ready for the next person.
I would work there again if there was one close to me. good benifits
I had a great experience working for Dollar Thrifty.
Payroll Processor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 25, 2017
I had one of the best experiences I have had working for Dollar Thrifty Automotive group. The reason for moving over to Hertz Rent a car was because of a merger between the two.
It's a good place to work
Staff Accountant - Fleet Incentives (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 22, 2017
It's a good place to work. I enjoyed working there until they laid me off. I don't want to give too much info on here because I don't know who it's for or how it will help me find a job.
GM was an excellent teacher and great to work for
Assistant to General Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 11, 2017
The company was indipendently owned (franchise) and the owner and GM were excellent. The franchise was sold the new owners brought in their own people,
Pros
Great opportuinty to work with people
Learning new ideas
Rental Clerk (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIAugust 27, 2017
The typical day at work was so competitive dealing with customers from different ethnic background. It was so interesting learning new computer software.
Cool, relaxed work environment
Host (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2017
Pretty cool. Once you learn the computer system, the job is easy. Just have to work your way up to get the better bids, and then you'll be fine. Doesn't pay the best, but it's worth it if you don't have much to pay for.
Pros
Food/Competitions sometimes
Cons
Pay
Great place to work. Excellent working environment, excellent training
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2017
Very busy, lots of tours arriving from all over the world to pick up their
cars. The guests are very tired because of the time difference so they are jet lagged most of the time.

Trying to make them understand the upgrades and insurance is always the most difficult part of the job. However, when explained properly the client is usually more inclined to purchase in order to make their traveling experience better.
Pros
sales are possible
Cons
Fast paced very busy environment
Instant Return Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2017
On a very busy day can be very hard and stressful when you don't have the proper equipment to perform our job duties. I've learned to have patients and take situations one step at a time. The hardest part of the job is trying to do everything alone. We are very short of help a lot of times. Management does what they can. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from different cultures.
Pros
Paid time off and Holiday pay and time off
Cons
Walking on the pure concrete in the heat putting pain on the legs and back
a brief stay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJuly 24, 2017
I joined this team after hertz bought them. I was shortly laid off after because they closed down one of the store. but while I was there I enjoyed working with my team