Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 13,572 reviews matching the search See all 13,950 reviews
good job for a first time
Stocker Associate (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAMarch 19, 2019
It is a good job to start off with but the management really needs work. They do not care about employees at all. The payment is minimum and it is just not worth it. You have to deal with rude customers everyday and clean after the mess they leave.Also, you just have a 10 minute break.
Cons
short breaks, stressful
Minimum wage, 5-25 hrs. per wk., No raises no benefits no sick days. Minimal employee appreciation
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baden, PAMarch 19, 2019
I enjoyed the environment it was fast-paced and friendly time goes fast. I worked for dollar tree 2 and half years and they wouldn't give me not even a ten cent raise. I was very disappointed which resulted in me leaving. They rather hire more part timers to avoid full time employees. It's a messed up company in that way because it reduces them having to give pay raises, health benefits and sick days. Bottom line, there is zero advancement unless you are management. Which brings favoritism into play depending on location.
Pros
Fun, Fast-paced
Cons
All employees are part-time except management. Meaning, Zero pay raises, sick days or benefits
Dollar Tree "still working but searching for something better."
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Union, NJMarch 19, 2019
Dollar Tree is a great place to shop when you're not trying to spend a fortune. But it's also a great workplace with friendly Staff. Managers who are willing to give new employees a great head start and a chill atmosphere.
Pros
Great hour offers, amazing staff.
Cons
Pay isn't super great.
Fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 19, 2019
Merchandise frequently changes. Great place to work with people and learn about soft line or hard line retail. Associates have set guidelines and tasks to complete for their shift. Multi tasking is a must. Stocking, cashier and recovery must have strong skills in order to complete daily tasks.
Pros
ability to find what you need at low price
Cons
Stores are sometimes understaffed.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2019
But management was terrible she took hours away from the ones that was decided but she didn’t like that person and was put on the schedule one day a week or nothing for a few weeks
Cons
15 minutes
my first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 19, 2019
A typical day is that I worked from 12:30p.m to 5:30p.m I liked that shift because it went by fast and I liked the customers who came in. The work place culture was good I meat a lot of good people.
Pros
good snacks
Cons
short breaks
Its a ok job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 19, 2019
It's a great job will work for them again. And will tell a friend about them.. Great pay and good hours and benefits.. Highly recommend great company to build a career with.
ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2019
environment was good , very fast paced , the boss was chill . not that many hrs and would always call at random . great communication with peers . great customer service experience.
Ok
Cashier, Stocker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70124March 19, 2019
i just really thought i should recieve a pay raise because i was always there when another employee did not show up way past my time to leave i stayed from opening to closing.
It sucked
Cashier/Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMarch 19, 2019
It sucked at Dollar Tree, sometimes only working 5 hours or 8 hours a week. I couldnt keep going on doing all of the work to get treated less than. ..
High stress job for rate of pay
Operations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Price, UTMarch 19, 2019
If you are a cashier with no intention of advancing with the company then you're fine but if you want to make this a career I wouldn't recommend it. They don't staff enough people or allow enough hours to be scheduled to complete all expected tasks.
Unless you are a cashier, stay away
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 19, 2019
Everyone is pretty much a stocker. Trucks are a nightmare: unloaded piece by piece, never on time. Too much pressure from upper management but no solutions or help given. Staff is underpaid and turnaround is high.
Pros
Benefits for full time employees
Cons
Trucks, scheduling, stocking
Not a good job for part time
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 19, 2019
Was working there as Seasonal while attending college. When I turned in my notice to go visit family for a week the manager approved it and reassured me I would still have a job when I got back. When I did come back to work I didnt get any hours and 3 weeks later I got a call from the assistant manager and she said I was let go so I should go look elsewhere for work and hung up.
Cons
Poor management
Fast paced environment around seasonal holidays
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMarch 18, 2019
Was a first job opportunity that helped me learn much about retail environment and experience.
I had a wonderful team of patient people who really showed me the bounds of having a job.
First job out of high school
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 18, 2019
My location is one of the busiest but they will only allow you to work 5 hours a day so you don't take a lunch. You are allowed one 10 minute break. Management does not like voids so if a customer changes their mind on a product or a product scans twice you cant void that product; you must find a similar product not to scan. Any voids over 4 is a write up. Minimum wage for everyone so I suggest this be a job out of H.S. to start building a resume. You wish for it to be busy because time drags without background music. Wear flats because you stand the whole time.
Pros
Very part-time if that's what you are looking for
Cons
No benefits offered and no discounts given
Great Place
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tompkinsville, KYMarch 18, 2019
Great place but terrible management. Pay is not good unless ur a manager. Easy work but some days are stressful. Overall enjoyed my time there.
Everyone's experience is different.
A nice quick paced environment with handling money
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CA 91206March 18, 2019
Dollar Tree is a quick paced work environment with a good work culture and can give you easy money handling experience. .The management is good. The hardest part of the job is when the other person is on their lunch and you are all alone
Pros
easy money handling experience
Cons
no benefits
workplace
Associate, stock, truck (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 18, 2019
I really enjoyed the customers. The management the last years I worked there was not fair to all employees. Some had to abide by corporate rules others didn't. They could do what they wanted or not.
christmas fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAMarch 18, 2019
ive been in customer service long enough to know that every job is serious. However working at dollar tree was like working with a bunch of children for minimum wage. I knew most of my customers and was very fast paced working. I left because my hours was cut due tot the holiday being over.

I would have enjoyed my job more if I didn't feel like I was the only one working. I love my customers and gained some reliable friends.
What I Learned
Cashier / Merchandise Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  El Sereno, CAMarch 18, 2019
Working at the Dollar Tree helped me learned a lot. I learned how to deal with customers the proper way, handle situations correctly, and overall build relationships with not only the customers but my employees as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss