Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

More than meets the eye
Stocker/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAFebruary 25, 2018
The Dollar Tree I work at is in a prime location. But our manager has not taken the time to get to know the clientele he expects them to get to know him. He changes stuff around here for no reason. If he needed to run a register for a little bit he disappears and sometimes during the weekend he leaves the safe short changed. I have been there for 3 yrs and I only have $7.70 a hour to show for it. That is not the way you treat a loyal employee.
Pros
Cons
Wages
Its a good place to work part time if need an extra job
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 25, 2018
I like it there but im looking for something more stable..i have two kids to feed. I stock items on shelf and sometimes help with unloading the truck.
Great workplace
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Whitefish, MTFebruary 24, 2018
Work schedule is all over the place. Although it's better than having no job at all, I'm curious about the schedule for other employees. I wonder if anyone has any sort of consistency to their schedule. Also why it is that way.
very busy and always on your feet
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 24, 2018
A typical day at work was mostly walking around re-stocking merchandise, bring in carts from the parking lot, cleaning up messes, working the till, sweeping/mopping the store and closing up at the end of the day by counting the earnings of the day. The experience I received there taught me to be me dependable and punctual, as well as being able to follow thru with directions. The Management was very helpful in guiding me in the beginning as well as handling customers.
Pros
every thing was a dollar
Cons
it was always busy
Slow Paced
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Independence, KYFebruary 24, 2018
The environment was fun, slow paced, and easy to work in. The only reason I had to leave was because they cut my hours really bad. They were family oriented and friendly.
Pros
Family oriented, fun
Cons
no hours
relaxed
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAFebruary 24, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of completing task such as stocking, cashiering, and cleaning the store.
The management is excellent, the most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
breaks
Cons
advancement
run cash register, assist customers, reset 4 foot sections
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hampstead, MD Wistminster, MD Lisbon, MDFebruary 23, 2018
Assisted customers with purchase
Ran a cash register
stock shelves
reset sections of wall space
put up and took down holiday items
blew up balloons
cleaned bathrooms, store fronts, windows, vacuum rugs
Pros
scheduled hours did not conflict with full time job
Cons
pay was bad, expected more than what was reasonable
Horrible place to work
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 23, 2018
It doesn't matter how good you do your job if you are not in the clique you are nothing. The managers generally give hours to people who they like and not who do the best work. The pay is low, the stress is high, and there is no sense of loyalty or team work. The managers are generally not professional. Hours are cut and given to others, depending on the favorite of the moment, there is no job security. People complain constantly but Toledo has zero jobs so people stay even if they hate it. Practically anyone can be in management and it shows. Upper management couldn't care less about anyone as long as they get their precious bonuses. Minimum wage for associates and management starts at 9 dollars an hour. It's a toilet.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Very hard very stressful no benefits. The place is a side show.
Being indoors and taking care of customers
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Come in prepared to work your tail off! The job is what it is, you learn how to properly set things to a planogram, how to restock, and properly life things. The management and employees have high turnover. The hardest part of the job was to ensure you were able to make up for people that wouldn't show up to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see what merchandise comes in.
Pros
Breaks and Lunches always happen
Cons
hours
Simple fun place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portage, WIFebruary 23, 2018
Register is pretty easy and everyone was helpful when I needed information about certain transactions or where products are. I enjoy interacting with the customers and helping them find what they need. It's a generally easy place to work with.
my reveiw
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clio, MIFebruary 23, 2018
Dollar Tree is a fun, colorful store to work at, pretty lenient. Other employees are understanding. However the dollar tree i worked at was very unorganized. It was hard trying to find supplies that needed to be put on the shelves. Other than being un-organized i had fun while it lasted.
Pros
not so busy
Cons
short breaks un organized
It's a job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 23, 2018
Its a job, not a career. It pays the bills. Your body will ache, your managers will annoy you but you get decent pay and it's permanent. What else do you need in a job anyway?
Job ok but needs better management
Warehouse Associate/Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 23, 2018
The environment in the distribution centers is a mess. Management cant seem to figure out how to respect employees and get things done. Very dirty place to work in as well.
Benefits
Cons
Not Paid well
Decent starter job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Greeting customers
answering any questions customers may have
cashier
store maintenance

managers were easygoing and always available to answer any questions
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay
mixed feelings
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAFebruary 22, 2018
I loved the management team, but there were times when a line was crossed by the manager. Assistant managers were more understanding. I love the manager as a person and friend, but not as my manager.
Pros
everything was $1 so i usually could afford to have lunch, a couple of food places in walking distance
Cons
only 5 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week, only one 10 minute break
decent workplace with friendly workers helping each other out while working
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 22, 2018
typical shift would involve me standing in front of the cash register to complete purchases, and reorganizing shelves and helping out workers when there's no customers present at the register.
Pros
Quiet, relaxing environment
Cons
floor was not int he best cleaning condition, and breaks were short
I love being around my co-workers they make me happy
STOCKER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 22, 2018
How to choose a good company to work for it's a good career that will give you the hours you need they will help you if you looking for help and it's a good career
Pros
Everybody help each other when they down
Cons
Just a short break that's all
Okay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2018
It isn't the best place to work, but it isn't the worst either. I didn't like all of the management that worked there or in the district, but then again where do you work that you like everyone? Anyway, it was a stepping stone in my work history.
Cons
short breaks, rude people you have to deal with, manager is jerky, you have to work holidays
team work
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Something i like about my job is that we all know well how to work a a team. When someone is not in the loop, we are able to all get each other on the same page. We all worked well together.
Pros
team players, schedule, experince
benefits
A great place for a collge student or retiree
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOFebruary 22, 2018
Friendly environment Customer Service are use all the time Flexible in hours but Associates hours are limited to certain amount I enjoy my new manager Shes fair.I still new a better paying job I have acquired a new skill and that would be cashiering The store requires restocking products back to the shelves I met the General Manager and she was nice and knowledgeable The store I work at carry alot of material
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not goox inmlay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K