Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 13,101 reviews matching the search See all 13,447 reviews
to slow pace of a job for me
Cashier/ Over-night stocker (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILJanuary 18, 2019
not enough benefits, and required too much of the employees especially based off how much they get paid, not understanding of of sick days. calling off for any reason can lead to termination.
Pros
there arent any in my opinion
Cons
10 minute lunch break
working for dollar tree
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Athens, TXJanuary 18, 2019
I love working for dollar tee everyone there is vey nice and friendly and they help you out if you don't know what to do and they. working for the company helps me to go out and find other wok in retail and the company is very very important
Pros
nice employees
Cons
hort breaks not enough hours
Its a good place to work
Stocker/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYJanuary 18, 2019
I would work at dollar tree again an recommend other people to work there . The hours are not so great an they dont have full time but the peaople there are very nive
stressfull if in management
Assistant Manager-freight (Current Employee) –  Enterprise, ALJanuary 18, 2019
only part time work if you are not in management 5 to 10 hours a week, during thanksgiving and Christmas freight is forced out and do not give the hours to get the freight out you are expected to put out 30 cases per hour they do not take into consideration that you may have to rearrange the pegs in order to stock product or work with broken glass or leaking bottles of chemicals. If you do not meet the required numbers for freight you are threatened to be fired
Pros
nice people on sight willing to work with you
Cons
stressfull, do not care about family life -
Was really happy working there, then switched manager and she owas hateful
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Russellville, AR 72801January 18, 2019
Loved working there, loved all the people i met, Would work hard with no recognition of job well done. Passed up for promotion, and told i wasnt reliable. I called in sick 2 days due t pink eye. She only would hire friends.
Pros
love that work
Cons
Manager
Very good place to work. Always busy an time flies also great co workers.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 18, 2019
I would always love to get to work early as well as stay if anyone needed extra hands. I enjoy the work environment because it was very friendly. I will love to continue my career at dollar tree.
diamond in the rough
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 18, 2019
the store has potential and needs a lot of work but it is a small store with great people that needs to put more love in the store or their jobs and the business will be more constant....
Steady
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 18, 2019
Work at Dollar Tree was very Physical and fast paced. I learned a lot about management and how to manage stock while i was there. I must say there was a lot of things I loved about working at Dollar Tree, like the flexible hours and the staff. I loved that I could work so close to home as well. My problem was I didn't like their ordering system. It didn't allow for the store manager to adjust when the storeroom was overstocked so the storeroom eventually ended up being out of OSHA regulations which upset me greatly. All I was ever told was to keep stocking but we were never given enough labor hours to stock enough product to get the room cleared out. After a while I just felt like I was being set up for failure and well I don't like to fail. So I went elsewhere.
Pros
Job Flexibility, Location
Cons
poor labor management, poor stock management
Good Work
Dollar Tree Stocker (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 18, 2019
At times fast pace then other times it was very slow; customers were my real reason to work there. It was a community of people from all walks of life shopping in the same place
If you love never getting raises for your hard work this is the job for you! Do not work there if your disablled theyll fire you
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 18, 2019
Worked there 7 years no raises they only care about $ and don't give a ** about their hard working employees new manager and h r fired me for being disibabled and discriminated against me they don't like disabled people I'm trying to sue them now but their so cheap they only offered 500$ they think firing disabled people is a funny joke and think they have the right to break the law so if u love to never get raisess for all your hard work and then get fired this is the job for you!
Pros
Cons
No raises cheap company that don't like disabled people
store manager is knowledgeable and is a great trainer
Assistant Manager, Dollar Tree (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCJanuary 18, 2019
I have had a great experience working with this company. The team in the facility where I work is like a family. Everyone from the Store manager to the cashiers are team oriented and share in the duties where needed. The store manager is consistent and fair.
Good, clean work environment. Friendly Employees
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJanuary 18, 2019
I am not really there enough to give a thorough review. I have learned how to unload a truck, using a roll-track as a conveyor, I am still learning how to stock items 'without' matching of UPC codes, or any numeric or lettering system of any kind, which in my opinion is a haphazard and inefficient way of stocking. This in itself is the hardest part of the job, but I am still learning. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers, and ringing them up at register.
Did not have any interest in job after 3 days
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Paula, CAJanuary 18, 2019
The management was horrible when I say HORRIBLE, I mean horrible!!! We had a different manager literally every 2 or 3 weeks tops! Always In the office talking leaving one employee at register and stocking and doing go backs all at once. The maintenance was so bad was rated most dirty unprofessional store in ventura county. Just my honest experience & opinion!
Pros
Break
Worst job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  River Oaks, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Dont work here at all. Its messy and disrespectful and disgusting. This is literally the worst job ever and I hope no one will ever work there again please dont.
Great place to work if you like to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2019
I was a store manager in Ohio and I LOVED Dollar Tree as a company. Every job has it's ups and downs but fortunately for me, I had a strong DM to support me. The main issue with DT is that many times, the goals are unrealistic. I understand the idea of the company and to always stay busy. To maximize work and minimize walking which is ideal but many times, it's not realistic. It was something I had to get on board with because I supported the goals of the company but I also had to delegate to my team what I felt was the most productive and beneficial for my store because management won't always be in your store. I will be. And I needed a team that was happy and felt good about what they did because the pay is not the best and it's very easy to lose quality candidates to competitors for even a dollar more an hour. Money talks. With DT, money talks to the managers through bonuses but not to the cashier's or freight teams. I wish DT would allow for increases in pay through a quartly or annual review of employees.
Overall, I enjoyed DT. It was extremely stressful oct-dec and then you lose your team in Jan because hours are cut but if you want to work and enjoy working PT shifts, DT is it.
Pros
Flexible schedules, short shifts, customer interaction, great deals
Cons
No raises (maybe a quarter a year), minimum staffing
Produtive
Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORJanuary 17, 2019
It was a good job but not enough hours provided. It was a part time job & they were serious about having days off. The people & manager that i use to work with were good employees.
Worst Job I Have Ever Had
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rumford, RIJanuary 17, 2019
District Manager was the worst manager I have ever had. She was inflexible to the point where I had to work so many hours in a lower volume store which had not run with a permanent manager for months. The expectation to manage inventory that had not been worked for 16 weeks with no payroll was impossible, DM simply refused to allocate additional manpower or understand that everything cannot be stocked when there is no sales to make room.
Excellent place to work
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 17, 2019
I absolutely loved working for this company. While the work load could be a little intense from times, overall it was a GREAT place to work. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a decent, easy going job to apply.

Also, hard work is acknowledged from every angle.
Great place to work manager is a drink
Cashier/Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Great place to work manager is a drunk and no hours for two or three weeks then they want to work you to death manager definitely has favorite as long as you don't mind kissing butt District manager and corporate look down there noses at the little guy trying to make ends meat
Pros
Working with public
Cons
No benefits or paid holidays
I miss it
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2019
I liked working at Dollar Tree a lot there were some moments when I had a hard time but mostly it was a great place to work at we were like family the store team is like so small that you can form personal bonds with each other and I love the way that we look out for each other even though none of us was getting paid good
Pros
We were like family
Cons
The pay was horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dollar Tree.

Powered by Comparably