Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 12,541 reviews matching the search See all 12,865 reviews
dollar tree
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJ 08034November 15, 2018
at dollar tree I usually stock on my shifts while tending to customers and associates. management is kind of hard because you have to stretch yourself super thin to cover all the bases and perform your job duties efficiently, that would be the hardest part of the job.
Cons
pay doesnt match cost of living
It is unprofessional and unrealistic
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 14, 2018
Dollar Tree has unrealistic expectations on their employees and expect them to work miracles with no hours. They are strict on everything and pay the bare minimum. It is not worth the pay, the drama, or anyone's time. I have personally witnessed 2 district managers mistreat employees and talk down to them like they are less than everyone else. There is a lot of good, hard working employees at Dollar Tree and they get treated as useless trash. Never expect a thank you.
Pros
Hourly co-workers
Cons
Unprofessional, unrealistic, depressing, overwhelming, rude management, no hours
good place for part-time work as a teenager or student
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MONovember 14, 2018
Dollar Tree in Farmington had good management and decent pay for someone who just needs a part-time job for extra money on the side. The job itself is super relaxed
A job
cashier (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, WANovember 14, 2018
Not to bad to work at but you hardly get any hours and when new people come in you get put on the back burner so all the new employees get all the hours.
Overall a Ho-hum work place for people with no career objectives.
Freezer Stocker (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 14, 2018
It seems that Dollar Tree has an unspoken of formula for their employees. I would call it a revolving door policy. They are concerned more with filling a space than aggressively scouting for exceptional people that would be a positive influence to the work place and the company. There was never a problem with co-workers,but,management was more or less inadequate.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Poor management choices
Wish I never left dollar tree.
Cashier& asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2018
I loved my job at dollar tree but at the moment we was having manager problems at that serious moment. I would like to get back in that environment again.
More of meeting with staff and managerment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 14, 2018
I enjoy working with people. Im a people person. A typical day at work is locationg merchandise. I have learn all peoples are not the same. Management is supportive. Dollar tree is a great enviorment. The hardest part of my job is gettting a customer thats never satisfied. Most enjoyable part of the job, is seeing the customer leave with a smile.
Pros
Completing my job tasks
Cons
Not completing my job taks
its okay
Stocker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre Township, PANovember 14, 2018
the job was great but paid very small as well cut hours;
the crew was great and the boss was nice, the only issue was the hours and paid time was limited
Nice atmosphere
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, PANovember 14, 2018
Great team to work with. Its welcoming and inviting. They hired great people that are friendly and hard working. The hardest thing for me was the hours that I was provided because I had to take public transportation and there was no way to get to work as requested due to no transportation running at those hours.
Pros
The extra income was helpful
Cons
The hours
You gotta hustle for hours
Dollar General stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 14, 2018
The scheduling for hours at this s. Broadway location is unfair. To get any hours at dollar tree is 4hrs some times 8 or 12 hours a week . You would have to keep asking for hours, or go to another store for more hours. The store needs help bad. Due to the backroom over packed from shipment.
Pros
Only 4 1/2 hours shift a day, more days off than working
Cons
Unprofessional
Not that great
Stock and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLNovember 14, 2018
The job itself was great. The management wasnt great though. They woulf cut hours for no reason amd they under paid so much its not even worth work there.
Productive workplace
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 14, 2018
Great first job. Managment was great. Hardest part of the job was having to check people out and then having to stock while still having to keep an eye out from across the store
Its different it was fun to work at
Assistant Manager/Cashier Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 14, 2018
I enjoyed working here it was my part-time i worked elsewhere for my regular job. I had lots of fun. Stressful at times they expect too much with the little time you have to stock amd if you dont do it all you get written up but there is favoritism here. I witnessed a guy being $80 short and this was the third time they just let him go to an atm and pull the money if it would of been someone else they would off got fired. If you'll be working here don't take big jackets or purses they treat you like a thief they pat you down to make sure you're not taking anything. Why would you lol its just a dollar
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Expect too much from you
It was a fun exciting job loved my co-workers also all the customers
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHNovember 13, 2018
It was a great experience learned a lot really enjoyed the crew and loved helping the friendly customers just wish they paid more and gave benefits to all employees not just management me they really just needed a lot of help putting freight on the shelves and also unloading the freight truck that comes once every week
Pros
Fun enviorment great crew of people
Cons
No benefits not enough money
It’s a productive work place always keeping busy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 13, 2018
I was working for this company for a year and very productive always had something to do in my opinion I enjoy working. There’s good people I would work there again but I’m more currently trying to get a home job for customer service repesentative.
Only good as a second job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Peoria, OKNovember 13, 2018
my particular location I work is in a kind of limbo space. it's larger than a small store, but never hits the weekly quota to be considered a "large store", keeping us relatively understaffed and overworked. Shifts are short, and the pay is incredibly low. Even if you manage to step up to be a supervisor, the pay isn't worth the workload managers are put under.

plus it's part time only, which makes the pay even less worth it.

The hardest part in my opinion with the store is just poor time management skills. it always seems like one shift is being given far too much work for a short amount of time, causing primarily closing shift to stay far too late after closing in an attempt to get everything done, and earlier shifts are given such minimal or generally simple tasks instead. this likely isn't intentional, it's just been my experience

second hardest part is the fact that our delivery trucks are never on time and are always overloaded to the point that the employee lounge area is inaccessible due to the sheer number of boxes filling up every possible space.

but other than the time management problem, which certainly trickles down into various parts of the job, the other employees are great. we all generally get along, and if we don't, well, hours are short enough that we don't necessarily interact other than when changing shifts.

But I really enjoy the job. I enjoy working with the customers, and I enjoy the managers I work with. I love how simple the customer service side of it is, how easy it is to simply know where things are and how to help customers when we
  more... are missing an item, how easy it is to correct mistakes, and how a majority of the time customers don't tend to complain if we're out of something, as there's always another dollar tree close by to check there too.  less
Pros
relatively easy going job, short somewhat flexible hours, fun supervisors
Cons
poor time management, horribly underpaid and overworked, stressful
Good starting job
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 13, 2018
I loved working for Dollar Tree because the customers where always nice and a lot of them were usual's. I was usually if not most likely register 1 (closest to the door). I would see every customer come in and greet them. It was nice catching up with regulars and and seeing them smile when they came in. As for duties, Checking customers out, bagging items and keeping the front face tidy was easy and satisfactory for me.
Fun workplace and enjoyable coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNNovember 13, 2018
The management is easy to deal with, the tasks are easy to complete, and it an enjoyable workplace. The hardest part of the job is the customers. Usually there are only two people working during the evening shift which is what I usually did, and because the manager is often busying doing things on the sales floor, he/she can't help you easily when you have a long line of customers. I didn't like that.
Pros
bi-weekly paycheck
Cons
short breaks
It was a for sure job in case of emergency.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKNovember 13, 2018
Ive worked for Dollar Tree several times. They hob was always there for me in case of emergency. My work there was great and thats why i always got hired there when i needed them. the pay was the worst ive ever had. The job it's self was fun, and something new every day. The management and supervisory positions was forever changing and sometimes we would get a decent supervisor. It was obvious we were expendable, because of the way they would talk to the employs. There was no security implemented in the store. Lots of customers would steal from the store.If you have any felony convictions you could not be promoted, so there was no chance to move up in the company. I liked my co workere,but the turnover rate was new each week, so it was hard to get to know the other employ's.
N/a
Assistant Manager at Deals (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 13, 2018
I have a plan every time I leave my home and that is come with a plan for the day and you will succeed. I love working I am one of those workers who gets screamed at everyday for forgetting her breaks because of her devotion towards her work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss