Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 11,123 reviews matching the search See all 11,422 reviews
Great if you have no life
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 18, 2018
Perfect for workaholics!
Learn to have patience and nothing is worth stressing over. It is not the end of the world, there is always a solution. Working in retail is way harder than what it seems.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Too many to mention
Busy and Heart Pumping
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
I got calls from a Manager calling me in like 3 hours early with no Schedule. I had to keep calling Cashiers because lines were to much to bear. The manager barely does anything I was short a couple dollars and she was watching the cameras recording and made me feel like I was in a incrimination when I did not steal. That is why I quite at Dollar Tree because they have no regard for emotions.
Pros
No pros
Cons
10 Min Lunch, Short Notice on working, 30 Minute Training
Multi Paced Environment, Must Learn Quick.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 17, 2018
Like Any Place Of Work It Has Its Ups And Downs. Some Customers Are Great Some Are Rude. But In Every Job You Find YOUR Rhythm, Something That Makes Your Job Easier On You.
Pros
Your Regular Customers Makes Your Day!!!
Cons
W Can No Longer Have Anything To Drink At The Register.
worse company ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 17, 2018
no life work balance, no hours no payroll, upper management do not care for anything that happens at store level. manager based business meaning management must do it all especially store manager.
Na
Management (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJuly 17, 2018
Very short staffed and store plan is always disorganized. The pay for the work expected is un reasonable. Good luck to Dollar Tree employees. I wish you the best
Productive and a fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CAJuly 17, 2018
Very easy for a first time job. Environment was relaxing, coworkers were very friendly and welcoming. Managers were great. Most enjoyable part of my day was greet customers, making sure they found what they needed. Sometimes i would help and stock here and there.
Nice to work but poorly managed.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLJuly 17, 2018
Working at Dollar Tree was good at first. I learned customer service and how to stock things correctly. The management was good but poorly ran. Work place was diverse. Hardest part of job was trying to keep the store clean. Most enjoyable was making sure the customers were happy and found what they needed.
Cons
10 minute breaks
i wouldn't let me dog work there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 17, 2018
this company sucks I hate it and I would let my dog work for them they wont give full time unless you a manager and they expect like too much out of one person
brief
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2018
even though my employment with company was brief I had a great time managing my younger staff. It was fun and the atmosphere was breath taking. I would work for the company again.
Fun workplace
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Powder Springs, GAJuly 17, 2018
I really loved the environment. It’s a fast but a happy workplace. My manager was nice but she also stayed down my back. She stood by this saying “there’s a time to play and a time to do work” and that saying taught me a lot.
Productive fun environment to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 17, 2018
dollar tree is a great place to start off as management.. i learned how to supervise other employees, be in control with running the store, toward the end of the day I will complete paperwork, be in control making sure the deposit is sent off, ending my shift and going home..
Job was only seasonal through Christmas
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 17, 2018
Dollar Tree was a fast paced working environment that was fun and I enjoyed helping people and learning new things. Great experience but pay was not good or benefits.
Pros
enjoyed interacting with people
Cons
not enough money or benefits
Hostile Dramatic environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 17, 2018
Not a comfortable environment to work in, very low hours and no progressment happening within the company, very low pay. Managment was not flexible and treated coworkers poorly.
Bad place to work
Stocker/unloader (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 16, 2018
This job is not the job u want to have. They barely give u hours, u only work 2 days out of the week. This job has no benefits and u also dont get raises.
met some great people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 16, 2018
As a store manager i felt that there was a lot of moving in order to make sure your sales where up. Productivity was usually good. Truck was always late and that brought your sales down if you didn't have the product people wanted pr couldn't seem to get. Not every place had a certain spot so there was a lot of shifting things around in order to have the product make sense. But it seemed very laid back until the holidays.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
moving product to much
Not great
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 16, 2018
Customers were rude, associates didn't seem to care about anything. I learned how to deal with unruly customers. Workplace culture was too nonchalant. The hardest part of the job was the customers and unskilled associates. The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out.
Poor management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 16, 2018
Very unorganized. Inconsistent no hours and very underpaid. Never enough cashier's or employees on per shift. You also never get a raise or recognized for your hard work
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Short breaks
No support or real traning
Trainee for Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 16, 2018
Your taught by other new cashiers that can very easliy lead you down the wrong path. Management is too busy to get to know the employees and with the turnover rates they don't even try.
decent
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 16, 2018
this is more so a temporay type of job not somthing for somone who wants to make or expect alot of money and thats honestly the truth but it was still nice
Pros
everything
Cons
im not sure
Honest
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 16, 2018
Honestly it was bad just all over bad. Management had no idea what they were doing. Than they didn't treat their employees as humans they acted like we were robots.
Pros
always looking for new people
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K
42.9K
33.2K
21.2K
11.1K

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dollar Tree.

Powered by Comparably