Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 12,134 reviews matching the search See all 12,455 reviews
Great Place for a Part-Time Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonds, WAOctober 20, 2018
This is an amazing place to work if you're a college student, stay-at-home mom/day, or someone that just needs extra money. With a very flexible schedule, and great managers makes this an awesome day to work.
Pros
Great managers, great pay
Cons
Low hours, no benefits
Very fun and productive workplace.
San Tan Valley - associate (Former Employee) –  San Tan Valley, AZOctober 20, 2018
This was my very first paying job. This is where I learned deeply about costumer service and being a good cashier. Very respectful environment and managers treated associates with respect.
Relaxed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAOctober 19, 2018
The work load isn't too bad. you must be able to multi-task, as you have to run a register as well as stock the shelves around you and directly in front of the registers.
Fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 19, 2018
I enjoyed my employees and customers! I started out as a stocker but within a few short months became a part time manager. After about two months became full time freight management.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
No benefits
Very fast paced
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 19, 2018
it was a very fast paced job always had something to do. I had lots of hours. Had a lot of familys coming in and you could relate with their needs and help them, they gave you tips to living and you gave them tips and recipes.
Pros
Employees were helpful
Cons
Not enough hours
N/a
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI 53222October 19, 2018
Most was a cashier most of the time, when there wasn’t any customer around I would walk around stocking, cleaning up. Job was slow most of the time but okay.
Had a great time working with them
Associate (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJOctober 19, 2018
Great fun just sometimes got super busy on yr feet all the time holiday time gets too busy and to many people call out but still u get the hours so worth it
Pros
Keep moving
Cons
Short staff shirt notice
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2018
It was fast paced and busy and you meet a lot of different people and the store has great products for a good price and you can find whatever you need in the store
My workplace
Cashier/Stock associate (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 18, 2018
Working at dollar tree is a great start for your first job. I started as cashier, which was fun but I wanted to do more around the store so I became a stocker for the early morning. I love stocking up new merchandise and being able to keep up with my aisles, making sure everything is in it's rightful place. The hardest part is not being able to finish the task due to many customers needing assistance, which is fine cause I'm still working and moving around. Overall it's a fun experience at dollar tree.
It was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKOctober 18, 2018
I had fun at qork. This is a great job for high school students but doesnt pay enough for living wage or those in college. All retail needs to pay their employees more.
Pros
The people
Cons
Low wage and benefits
Great environment and great co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, INOctober 18, 2018
At this job I was a cashier as well as a stock person. I loved my job at the Dollar Tree and was devastated when the hours were cut to almost nothing and I had to find another job.
fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2018
customers were generally nice, easy-going atmosphere. managers were nice and very flexible to employeee concerns. some weekend shifts were hectic at times (particulalry saturdays) but overall a nice experiennce during my time there
Pros
friendly staff/customers
Cons
low pay, not enough hours
You're nothing but a number to them.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TX 76182October 18, 2018
There's not really much to say: They want you to sell, but won't give you any direction, support, training or tools in order to do so, or help you succeed the way they want. If you're not within the store's manager little circle of friends, you're pretty much gone within a week, and won't hesitate about firing you right around Christmas. Grinch much? Yup. Avoid this company like an antibiotic-resistant, mutated, lab-grown-for-biological-warfare plague.
Pros
It was a job and they paid you.
Cons
You've thrown to the wolves, no nurturing culture, managers are just there to collect a paycheck.
Fun place to work
Associate Cashier Dollar Tree (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHOctober 18, 2018
Fast paced fun place to work. Great people to work with. I liked unloading the trucks and putting away the stock, it was hard work but fun. Being on register was fun too the customers were a lot of fun.
Fun and easy, not enough pay
Cashier/Floor/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 18, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at dollar tree. For the most part, the days went by quickly as there was enough work to do, but not so much that it was overwhelming. My managers and coworkers, in general, were awesome, and most of the customers at my location were very pleasant. I would have probably stayed there longer if it weren't for how little you are paid, and lack of opportunity to change that.
Productive, Friendly, and Fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2018
At Dollar Tree we got our work done and also kept it fun. We also made sure we greeted every customer that walked in to make sure they felt welcome. We also made sure they was able to find everything they need before they checked out. Working at Dollar Tree has help me become more of a people's person. The management is wonderful but the hardest part of my job was the end of the shift when we left i loved my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the customers leave happy.
Pros
Great hours, Good pay, and Wonderful Employees
Cons
Short Breaks, No free lunch, and Their not twenty-four hours
They us to have a basketball rim so we could play ball
Warehouse Associate / Manager (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSOctober 17, 2018
Dollartree is a fast pace job they have good benefits
They also have good manager that are willing to work with you and have good activity and also they like to share what is going on in the company
Fast passed
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZOctober 17, 2018
Fast passed job. Always busy. Hours vary based on store and sales. Managers and associates are helpful in training new hires. Give ability to go from seasonal worker to part time associate.
this is a fun and exciting place to work
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAOctober 17, 2018
I absolutely loved the store manager, but the higher-ups not as much. This is a great place to work as long as you don't plan on moving up. The pay isn't that great for cashiers, but this job is much more enjoyable as a cashier.
Pros
this is a great place to work
Cons
they expect to much from managers without a break
Not for everyone
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2018
Good for a first job or for a few bucks extra.
Could be a good job for a student.
Learned how to count out after shift
Learned customer service skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight