Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 11,160 reviews matching the search See all 11,459 reviews
Fin
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHJuly 21, 2018
My store manager was awesome. Fun and relaxed enviroment sometimes busy. The people that work there are awesome people. Just did not make enough for me and my family
odd workplace
Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAJuly 21, 2018
Started working on the night crew. Job consisted of unloading truck while stocking items on pallets. Setting up floor displays and restocking items on selves.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INJuly 21, 2018
Great place to grow and excell in management if you like. The days are long and could be 6-8 hours of coverage depending on co-workers, always busy. The workplace is what you make your work environment to be. In other words you set the pace management or not..
Pros
Hours come during the holiday
Cons
Hours are taken throughout the year
Not enough hours in the week
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALJuly 21, 2018
Working at Dollar Tree was an excellent starting job, however, as my personal goals and needs advanced, this job could not keep up. You are limited to only 15 hours MAXIMUM per week, and are barely paid minimum wage. Some days you will be the only cashier available and be required to both run the cash register and stock the store.
I loved working at dollar tree
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 21, 2018
dollar tree is an amazing company to work for everyone is friendly and kind. great pay. and great start off training if you have never had a job. the hours were great
Pros
great pay, great company
Work day
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXJuly 21, 2018
Very under paid. You make below minimum wage but are required to work hard. I only worked 4 1/2 hours a day & 9 hours a week. I asked constantly for hours but they didn't give me any
Staying busy
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 21, 2018
Unloading trucks, stocking, cleaning, creating displays for feature items, running register and assisting customers was a normal day for me. I enjoyed working there! I have to say it has changed for the worse since I was employed there.
Pros
Management tried to accommodate employees with changes in schedule, etc.
Cons
No benefits, low pay, minimal hours, short breaks
Not much opportunity for growth
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC 29588July 20, 2018
Okay company if you need a job. That's about all I can say for my experience working for the company. I do not feel much opportunity for advancement.
It was okay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJuly 20, 2018
I was supposed to get paid one amount, and was never paid that. I told them several times about it, and they did nothing. I had to leave. I liked working there, but i needed my money to be right.
great place to work but not enough hours
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYJuly 20, 2018
it was a great place to work the manager and the employees were a great group of people to work with but didnt get enough hours to cover the cost of living in my town.
Pros
great group of people
Cons
not enough hours
Not the best place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 20, 2018
Very hectic experience working for Dollar Tree. Poor management. Manager left me alone at register for most of the time I was working there with almost no experience.
Fast-Paced and always a job to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJuly 20, 2018
I personally enjoyed this job because I like being busy and always having something to do. Whether it was sweeping the floor, stocking items out of place or assisting customers at check-out, there was never a reason to stand with nothing to do.
Poor management
Customer service, cashier, merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orange, NJJuly 20, 2018
I was ecstatic in working at Dollar Tree and went above and beyond my duties to show how capable I am.
Over time as management changed, so did the care and conditions of the store. I take great pride in my work and many have got away with shortcuts and slackness. Productivity is rocky at times. Shipment is horrendous as we struggle to get items out on floor. Store is in complete disarray, totally unorganized.
I am also very embarrassed for customers as they shop due to the horrific, unstable and hazardous conditions of the store.
Requests from management falls on deaf ears. The professionalism and customer service are lacking incredibly.
Those who work extremely hard are not appreciated.
Pros
Get to make up hours as needed on occasion
Cons
10 min breaks off the clock, lack of hours and inconsistent scheduling.
It all depends on the management
Cashier, stocker, put backs (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 20, 2018
My experiences in two different stores. One was great, calm, good management, and the other one was unstable, not so good management. It depends on how you work, who they like, or who they trust, they would get the hours. The pay isn't good at all! At first I just love to work there one of my favorite stores. But when the shift manager don't like you because don't know why, they treat you different from others. Couldn't work for that little pay and unprofessional behavior.
Pros
See what the store carries
Cons
Pay isn't good
awful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCJuly 20, 2018
they didnt let you have a full break but only 10 nminutes they didnt care about your well being.or you really they only gave you so many hours and mainly because managment got the most hours out of anybody.
Pros
who knows
Cons
quality
Great starter Job
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 20, 2018
This job is not for someone that is trying to make a living. The amount of work for the pay is not as fair, but durable for someone needing a job while on college.
Pros
Great for College and High school students
Cons
No benefits
Love my co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, MOJuly 20, 2018
It is a part time job, so you get about 15 to 20 hours a week if you are lucky. I love the people I worked with though. The people I worked with were the best part about working there. I enjoyed interacting with the customers as well.
Pros
Dont have to stand on feet long
Cons
Dont get many hours to work
Can be a stressful place to work
Receiving Lift Driver (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OKJuly 20, 2018
The warehouse can be very stressful at times, dued to some job tasks. It lacks in cleanliness and their safety program could be better. Great medical and dental benefits.
Pros
Free medical and dental benefits.
Cons
Some safety issues.
Great Beginner Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bushnell, FLJuly 19, 2018
Dollar Tree was my first job and I became employed a few weeks after giving birth. The store manager was great. She was understanding, flexible, kind and sweet. The job offered great flexibility but the pay could be better or more hours during a work day and week. It's a great job for somebody new to the work field or a side job. On average the hours I worked in a two week period would barely pay for utilities in my home, let alone a child. As said, A great side job or beginner job.
Pros
Schedule Flexibilty, Moderate work pace
Cons
Hours and Pay
Dollar tree was a great job I loved it so much I got along with the employees.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJuly 19, 2018
Dollar tree kept me going, even when I had bad days at home I wanted to work to keep my mind off things, I enjoyed everyday since I been there. The people I worked with were amamzing and the manager was great to me.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
10 minutes break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K
42.9K
33.2K
21.2K
11.1K

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dollar Tree.

Powered by Comparably