Dollar Tree Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 4,102 reviews matching the search See all 14,270 reviews
Good company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  NCApril 17, 2019
Good company to work for, good pay and benefits. If you are willing to stick with it, you have room for growth. They expect a lot out of every employee in the building.
Great place to work. It gave me an opportunity to learn how to work with other coworkers and customers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mineola, TXApril 16, 2019
My experience was a good one. I had great management, and treated well by other employees. Right away they helped me learn the ropes, it wasn’t long at all before I was picking up speed. They had a great work environment. It really helped having flexible scheduling, they worked around to help find a solution for me and the work place.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Pay
It was okay place to work there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 16, 2019
When I worked at Dollar Tree it was okay working there and got along great with all workers and customers ... most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers in need... the hardest part wasn’t so bad.
Pros
Free lunch or dinner
Cons
Short breaks and not enough hours
Really good
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 16, 2019
The environment was really friendly and everybody was treated like family. It was still a fast pace job that was overdemanding and did not pay well. I was making less than minimum wage
Pros
employees
Cons
pay, store
Great associates
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2019
Dollar tree is a great environment to work in management is good just needs some work , they do need new computers because they are really slow but other than that dollar tree is fine there are great deals everything’s a dollar and there are great items to choose from based on feedback I get from customers
No money, no hours.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHApril 16, 2019
Last resort better than nothing.. very few hours
. Will work you when they need you could care less if they don't need you. No raises for a year. No benefits. Not the worst job but don't recommend it.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours, job security, advancement etc.
not productive
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJApril 16, 2019
u do not want o work ever in dollar tree it not something anyone would want u to do cause it how they handle thing the proper way then it always having a problem
Pros
no freee lunches
Cons
nothing is free
It was a good job but not provide enough hours.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYApril 16, 2019
I learned how to make displays, How to put shelving up on walls It was a good job for a short time but did not provide enough hours.
I enjoyed my work with customers.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours, breaks are too short
Management is treated like slaves
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCApril 16, 2019
Managers have to work like slaves. A manager has to stock shelves, unload trucks that are not palletized, work in unsafe stockrooms, minimal payroll to keep the store filled, complete payroll, HR work, retention etc. The managers also run registers, barely get lunches, told that the impossible can be done without proper staffing or compensation that will give the staff incentive to work. Managers are mentally and physically mistreated. Your family is supposed to come second to the business.
Pros
Monthly Bonuses
Cons
Work life balance, low wages, no payroll hours to effectively run the stores, overfilled stockrooms, etc
Fun but underpaid and not enough hours
Stocker/Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Watauga, TXApril 16, 2019
I loved my managers at the dollar tree, all of them were encouraging and helpful, and it is actually pretty easy to become a manager young as long as you have reliable transportation. I'm 19 and if it weren't for my transportation issue, I'd be training to be a merch manager right now. Unfortunately, for managers, overtime was out of the question but almost impossible to do the job without. My previous manager did end up working off the clock multiple times to avoid job abandonment. The dollar tree also pays only a bit over minimum wage, but is also very likely to hire despite previous problems at other jobs. I was hired on the spot. Another problem is the amount of hours they gave managers to give their staff was so low, so a lot of the time I only received 15 hour work weeks despite being the head stocker, the longest one there, and the most valuble and reliable (managers words, not mine). All in all, a good place to build experience and very easy to get yourself into a managerial position young, but not very good pay and unreliable hours.
Pros
Good for experience, managerial positions young sans college degree
Cons
Short breaks, minimum wage, 5 hour days unless management, 10-20 hour work weeks
Just ok
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 15, 2019
More team work needed and a better break plan.Dollar Tree needs more than two people in the store at a time.t he trucks never have a set day or time .
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Short staff
Overall easy job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIApril 15, 2019
LIke any job you get the workers that work hard, the mediocre ones and the ones that find any excuse not to work and sit and talk. As far as manual labor as a cashier this job was very easy. The managers don't get paid enough for the amount of time and effort they put in there and hours are very limited for cashiers. Do not work here if you depend on the income alone. I would only recommend it as a side job for extra money
Dollar Tree is ok
freight team member / Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJApril 15, 2019
As a current employee at dollar tree I have to say I love working here because it really is hard work as a stocker. Only problem is the pay & lack of hours.
Fun management flexible on hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNApril 14, 2019
Not given enough hours to have more then one person on shift and expect stock to get put out and not get paid for the job you are doing. The management make the job easier by making the environment fun and well relaxed.
Pros
10 minute breaks
Cons
Short breaks short hours no benefits
Dollar Tree is a great conpany
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIApril 13, 2019
Part time or full time dollar tree has what you need, the environment is welcoming. It can be a home away from home. My DM was one of the best bosses I've ever had
Pros
Flexible schedule, good pay, insurance
Cons
Bad back from constant stocking abd unloading trucks
Wouldn't recommend
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 13, 2019
The compensation is terrible, little to no communication, understaffed.

My biggest complaint is that the work schedule changes quickly and without notice
Very productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 12, 2019
It was really easy to get down the routine in the store, my boss was great, made some friends, the hours were flexible and if you needed more hrs you got it
Pros
Breaks were fair
Cons
Good if you just need money
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 12, 2019
This is not the right place to work if you have responsibilities. Dollar Tree does not Recognize employees who have work for them for years. Every manager and employee gets paid the same raise in October. With working at this company it is production work and which every is paid unfairly. The company rather pay a person coming into the company more money then they would promoting a person. Some money is better then none put this is just a little extra gas money job.
Stressful
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIApril 12, 2019
Always have to work fast. Even when you have medical issues and they know about them you still have to move quickly. Have to pay for your own stuff and do not get paid enough to remotely live especially if you have kids and a family. I suggest that if you work here that you are young and no kids and pretty much live with your parents.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No benifits and cant live on the wages they offer
Fun Place to Work
Cashier/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ayden, NC 28513April 12, 2019
If you are a student looking for a great part time job while in school or a working professional that may need money on the side, this is the job for you. I worked there in 2014 and the hours were not consistent but that was mainly because we acquired a new supervisor. I enjoyed meeting new people and working in an environment that I could be around people constantly.
Pros
Pretty flexible with students
Cons
No Benefits for Part-Time, may sometimes get called in if someone doesn't show.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss