Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Great place to start
Freight manager (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 20, 2018
Worked at dollar tree for 5-6 years staring as a cashier and eventually to freight manager. If I didn't need to move I probably would still be there. My store was a great place to work. It was like family.
ggh
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
The staff at the store was great and management even better. The customers were the worst and almost make the job unbearable. It is a great place to start.
As a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAApril 20, 2018
A typical day at this work is in some how stressful, this is because you have to interact with customers that sometime they are not friendly. They can be rude at you and you can not do anything about it. That can be the hardest part of this job. In this job you can learn how to operated a cashier and in somehow how to give and revise change.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks, not enough hours
Easy place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 20, 2018
Was not able to get stock to floor in time frame given because distributors send too much stock in too little time and understaffed was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Easy work enviornment
Cons
understaffed
It was not a great job
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 20, 2018
It was a two week renovation of the job, the management did not make it clear what position i was hired for and were very inconsiderate. The pay was low for the type of work we were doing and the amount of hours given was not enough
Pros
Cons
management, and pay
Eh
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJApril 20, 2018
Not the best job Ive ever had. Coworkers were friendly and managers were kind, but hours were inconsistent. I was trained as a cashier and stocker and stocked overnight until Christmas, after that my hours went from 20-30 a week to 10 shifts in 3 weeks.
Pros
Nice coworkers, not diffciult job
Cons
Not enough hours
dollar tree
STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 20, 2018
I am a college currently a college student. Dollar tree will work with your schedule which is a positive, The pay was OK. Overall I had a positive experience.
Dollar Tree is a hostile work environment they managed by fear and intimidation
Recieving dept. Fork lift driver (Former Employee) –  Chesnee, SCApril 20, 2018
The Dollar Tree corporate mentality is we don't care about you there will always be someone who wants a job. They manage by fear and intimidation. It's a sad State when you walk into work and you don't know if you're going to make it through the shift without being fired. All of the managers I had were under the age of 30 with no real management experience. It seems they made the rules up as they went along.
Productive working experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLApril 19, 2018
Dollar Tree was a very fast pace environment. I learned how to use my time wisely. Sometimes dealing with difficult customers could be the hardest part of the job. Being able to work with other cashiers as well as stocker's helped make the job more manageable.
If you're a teenager or a young person this is a great job for you but if your mother that has children and trying to make a living it's not that grea
Stock/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKApril 19, 2018
If you're going to work nights you would go in at 3 in the morning and work for 4 hours shift you would throw to you both you are required to have at least 80 boxes done for night you can work in the morning or cashier you'll get more hours being a cashier as well
It was okay
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALApril 19, 2018
Great for a high school student, not enough for living off of at all. Management was good but it's very annoying shilling things to customers and having to stock and cashier at the same time at all times
Pros
Easy
Cons
Customers, fast paced, lazy co-workers
Can be enjoyable if set with the right management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 19, 2018
I worked here close to a year to see what kind of potential I had coming from previous retail experience. Learning the typical filing of paperwork, staffing, stocking promotional items of the week. Work days would often include counting and switching registers, basic management duties. While the work was easy to learn, management could have been a bit more enthusiastic and shown more recognition towards associates as well as other managers when it came to hard work being accomplished rather than constant criticism regarding work not being done to their liking.
not so pleasant to work at
dollar tree manager (Former Employee) –  elizabethtown,ncApril 19, 2018
have to deal with employees laying out and find a replacement for them.had to keep store stocked all day and everyday.made schedule for the week to keep staying ahead. brought the store I managed from low sales to high sales was was never appreciated.
Fast paced job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbell, OHApril 19, 2018
Was a good job, fun environment and great co-workers. Our new store manager was impossible to work with but other than that I loved the job and wish i could have stayed with the company.
Wonderful Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Selbyville, DEApril 19, 2018
Greet atmosphere,wonderful staff,really enjoy working there and glad to be part of the team.Job duties are very simple, love communicating with the customers,helping them if needed.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
pay rate
Hard work rewarded
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 19, 2018
There is great opportunity to move up. There is always a lack of man hours so managing your teams productivity is a must. The higher volume stores do pay well
Dollar Trree
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MIApril 18, 2018
Was an Assistant Manager and was more like a staff memeber than anything. Felt like a glorified cashier most of the time. Worked with minimal staff most days.
a job
STOCKER (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 18, 2018
management is ok. don't really see much enjoyable about the job. culture is ok. I learned that this company is all about speed and low hrs. hardest part of the job is not much is certain. a lot of inconsistency on truck days with delivery.
It was pleasant
Part time cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 18, 2018
I did enjoy helping people with their items at checkout as a cashier, i would talk to my customers and be genuine. I'd be courteous helped them find a better choice give them a lively experience.
It's ok pay could definitely be raised and they allow loyal employees a chance to move up though they made a mistake and became frug felons
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INApril 18, 2018
Dollar tree will work with your schedule my manager in Greenwood is pretty awesome but it's not to secure I feel sometimes as though corporate does not appeciate its employees but I am greatful for the little time I have been able to give thus far
Pros
Cons
Not enough money/hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.2Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.