DollarDays International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent
President/CEO/Founder (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 19, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great people wonderful atmosphere. Progressive company with vision and a fabulous business model that does help small businesses and nonprofit organizations.
Pros
Progressive
Cons
all headline - no article
Buyer/Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 13, 2012
My dollardays experience was like an Enquirer headline.....flash, no substance. Although the concept was interesting, the reality of it made no business sense. The idea of selling 6 pieces of an item for the same price Wal-Mart would pay doesn't work unless you buy in volume. At the time, dollardays only drop-shipped from manufacturer, wholesaler etc. It might work for a closeout, but not Folgers. You're not going to buy 6 cans at the same price as you would if you were buying 10,000 cases.

The funniest was when in lieu of a raise, I was offerred stock options.....and there was no stock. In addition, the backstabbing for a small company was laughable. Not sure what the guy had on the president, but I lost what little respect I had for him, the concept and the company. I know the company is still around. I drive by their office on the way to mine every morning. The business model I am sure has changed. How? I'd like to know. Perhaps they're warehousing some things now. I am a little curious....emphasis on little
Pros
casual dress code, decent benefits
Cons
no real direction, lack of enthusiasm