Dolls Kill Employee Reviews

Horrible Place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 26, 2019
Worked there for a decent amount of time. First started off as a okay place to work besides the lack of pay, but Management is horrible you don’t advance to higher positions, favoritism, lack of support, relationships with corporate undisclosed affect decisions being made for the team and instead are made for personal gain. Warehouse talk is made on the daily, including managers. You are working great hard for no reason. No benefits no 401k you get paid Semi-monthly. Horrible place to work complete waste of time.
Pros
Discount discount discount
Cons
Everything else.
Good place to work, but management needed improvement.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 5, 2019
Management was not very professional. They did not take the issues that some associates had very seriously, unless it was a safety issue like falling pallets or broken equipment. But other things such as having trouble reaching your numbers, issues with the software used, or if you had a problem with another associate, you'll have to solve it yourself. There was also a lot of high school like drama, just stay away from it.
Pretty chill
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 5, 2019
Pretty ok job, keep your head down and you will go unnoticed; management is a joke, they play favoritism and if for some reason you get hurt while working and try to report it, they will not allow you to make the report because they are already getting sued for safety reasons. Multiple cars have been broken into and stolen, management will not do a darn thing, they will tell you what happened after it already happened, security is a joke as well; all they do is sit there on their phones. And it's very easy to steal product, even the leads were in on the theft that's been going on.
Pros
Discounts i guess
Cons
It aint worth working here, hard work goes highly unnoticed
trash
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 30, 2019
if you want you’re car broken into or stolen apply here. no job security. managers stay power tripping. easy job but sucky pay . managers do nothing but browse they’re computer shopping or other inappropriate things
Pros
no heavy lifting
Cons
no sick days, slow accumulating pto, benefits are garbage
Fun Place for Younger Crowd
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 26, 2019
Pays very little which leads to quality of employees being very poor. Hard to really feel like you are succeeding within your team because you can find yourself working with people that are very inept. Definitely a fun environment but lacking in skillset or structure.
Pros
Chill work environment
Cons
Horribly low pay
Great coworkers, terrible culture
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2019
overworked, underpaid, exploitative business practices, unstable owners, no internal review processes, lazy and unsupportive upper management, no-notice firings constantly
This job is a joke
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Management is a joke, managers are constantly quitting (they probably know something we dont) H.R is an even bigger joke. Pay is constantly getting screwed up. Missing hours on multiple peoples checks. TONS of drama. When your checks do come in full, the money is nice. You just have to put up with unrealistic goals that are set. Safety is not enforced. Not the ideal job.
Pros
Company discount
Cons
Management, parking, lack of security, constant discrepancies in paychecks
This Place is a Joke
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 11, 2019
I Have never in my life worked for someone so unprofessional and unorganized. Typical work day for me wouldn't be very difficult because there's maybe one floor manager for the whole warehouse. I didn't learn much except that dollskill is living in the year 1998 with the technology they provide for the warehouse. Every single check I got from them in the 3 months working... each one was missing some kind of hours /pay. I never got paid the right amount and after telling them over and over I still have not got paid! This was not just me this was an ongoing problem in the whole warehouse. I couldn't work for free so I had to leave.
Pros
No managers on the floor so nobody does anything, You can watch youtube all day if you wanted to, you can leave for 2 weeks and they wont even notice your gone
Cons
Everything, No holiday pay, They dont pay you correctly.
Productive, great place to stay busy.
General Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Work at Dolls kill is simple and fast. On a daily basis you attend the same responsibility so you learn fast. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Which, made the experience even more enjoyable.
Pros
Cheap lunch, longer break than usual jobs.
Cons
Takes up entire day, doesn't allow you to handle persnal bussiness.
A fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2018
a lot has changed since i worked there, but i still did enjoy my time there. especially the people. Only thing i didnt like was the last minute mandatory overtime.
Dolls Kill
Social Media Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2018
During a typical day, although it was very fast paced, it was inspiring to be around so many hard working people. Majority of people treated each-other with kindness and support, which was of great help when you have a lot of pressure to perform your job immaculately. Among learning various negotiation techniques during my time as a buyer for Dolls Kill, I learned a lot about various marketing strategies and how to implement them and when to implement them. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with the daily changes within the marketing department, however I am glad I worked through this type of environment because it allowed me to practice being adaptable to daily changes that are out of my control. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the customer enjoyment and feedback of the posts I created for the Dolls Kill Instagram. Also, creative days where I was able to freely create content were some of my favorite times during my two years at this company.
Pros
Allowed dogs in the office, general healthy work culture amongst staff members, helpful executives
Cons
Every-one is very over worked and underpaid, no free lunches (unhealthy optional snacks), no HR department so poor work environment complaints were ignored
No work life balance/low compensation
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2017
Pay is low for what is expected of you. Very little work life balance and benefits are not great and there are no traditional perks included even though this is a very profitable start up company.
Pros
Fun product/casual dress code
Cons
Low pay, bad benefits