Dollywood

Dollywood Employee Reviews

United States247 reviews

parksplashattractionperkhostthemeguestticket

Games attendant

This job is really fun, there is lots of great people who work here. Bad thing is that it is outside in the heat with heavy clothing on. They have fans but they don’t work. They’ve been saying they’re going to fix them for years now.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Outside

employees are fun to work with

managers dont respect you unless your high up there. working you extremely hard and never appreciate the job you do. only nice to you when bigger managers are around. president of dw is great he just needs to check his managers out.

Dollywood insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Poor management

Lousy health insurance, management's incompetence, and low pay. They treat maintenance as if they are nothing more than a janitor. Not a good place to work if you want a career.

Pros

Guests are friendly

Cons

Health insurance

The place isn't bad it's the management that ruins it.

Good old boy system, so if you're in there and praising your department managers and whistle blower you'll probably do ok, you'll will find out quick that the leaders in ride maintenance has a lot to be desired. Stay away from this place.

Good ole boys

Advancement is not an option so don't bother. If you are not willing to kiss your supervisors feet you will be treated unfairly. They decide who they will hire based upon being related and promote only hand picked people.

Fun place to work

Seems most everyone gets along and enjoys their work at Dollywood. I had a blast working there for the summer season. Pay is not great but OK and they are willing to work with you on days off and hours of work. I never met a person who wasn't smiling and enjoying their job. The added bonus of a cheap place for employees to eat lunch or dinner is good also. If they had a campground for employees to stay in I would go back and work again. The local area campgrounds cost way to much to stay there and the ones that don't cost much have no sites left open. Still if you get a chance and want to work this is a great place to do so. OH and a fun place too.

Fun & enjoyable work environment

I am going to keep this simple.The pay isn't great, averaging $13-$14 per hour. The benefits & perks (in my opinion) make up for the low pay. Fellow employees are great to work with. Overall, I miss working at Dollywood and am hopeful to find a way back. The main reason I parted ways with them was pay related.

Much better places to work in the area

The original management team at Dollywood that made it a great place to work with strong Christian family values have all retired. Dolly is an amazing woman with strong input at the park on growth, artistic and creative issues, but not on day to day park operations. The young progressive millennials that now run the park have a different vision from the founders. If you’re not in sync with their culture, you won’t be comfortable working there.

Pros

A few perks like free admission for you and your dependents, along with a few free admission tickets to give away

Cons

Lowest pay in Sevier county. Most jobs require constant standing in all weather conditions

Bad,older employees treat new people mean to new people who do not know the job.they don't care what your concerns.

Dollywood is the worst place that I have ever worked and I would not recommend it to anybody for any reason the senior people there are so mean and hateful to people that they regret having to come to work and there are too many jobs that pay too much money to put up with the things that you have to put there for minimum pay.

Upbeat and fun place to work.

Great place to work, if you get the chance to. Never a dull day at Dollywood, no matter what dept you work in. I'd work here again, if I lived closer to the place.

Pros

2.50 meal in the host lounges!

Cons

In our dept, breaks were rare.

Fun environment - the people you work with become great friends.

Great place to work if you love the industry. Every day is different and you have opportunities to make guests day. Operating rides is fun and you get to be outdoors (pros and cons here) In general employee benefits are great. Long hours are hard. I am lucky to not have small children because I know that would be difficult to manage. Would enjoy more stable schedules for work/life balance.

If I had been able to read some of the reviews before going to work there I would have never applied. Upper management could care less about how employees are treated by middle management or by the leads. You are an employee and they have no qualms of reminding you of that. Unless you are a part of the click or a tail kisser, you have no chance of advancement.

Pros

Free tickets

Cons

Everything having to do with the running of the park

Fun place to work, just wish pay was better.

I grew up loving dollywood so naturally when the opportunity to work in the park came up I was happy to take it. I love being around all the happiness, and helping be apart of delivering that to the guests. Overall I just feel like pay could be better with how much they're making in the parks.

Pros

Uplifting place to work.

Cons

pay/hours

No Work/Personal Life Balance

If you plan to work at Dollywood and also like going to church or want a balance between work and your personal life. I suggest finding other options.Sadly as a full time host, management wouldn’t give me time for church or for personal life situations.You will work with great people and have great experiences with coworkers but will deal with different guests throughout every shift.

Pros

Great coworkers, free admission to park

Cons

No work and personal life balance, low pay rate

Excellent place to work, good pay, mentoring, experience helps and will get you a more experience job. Management is experienced and good at helping you achieve your goals.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Fun place to work with happy coworkers

Because Dollywood gives their employee a free season pass thru using their ID card, along with discounts, dependant passes, and the ability to earn guest passes for others just by working, they give their employees the option of with and play. They also have a clinic on site and a whole building dedicated to wardrobe, so Dollywood is dedicated to getting authentic and makes it fun to wear a uniform. They also have an employee area where only the employees get to eat (basic employee meals are $2.50), and the cups they give you are free to refill when you're on the clock. The management was always very kind and understanding when teaching me new things.

Pros

Reduced lunch cost, free drinks, free season pass, guest passes

Pretty fun gig

I mean it's amusement park work so you deal with the works of people. You can't really complain though. Co-workers all try to help each other out and most are willing to help when they can.

Pros

Free sodas during covid, if you work in food you get a meal pass

Cons

big park and walking to where you're needed drains you most times

Great guest experience on the backs of underpaid workers

I really wanted to love it here, but the management is just completely disconnected from actual jobs being done and do not seem to care if the hourly and seasonal employees are happy. Free tickets don't equal being paid enough to support a family.

Pros

free tickets to the theme park

Cons

low pay, little support from managers.

Stable schedule for 40hrs wk

Typical day at 11 hrs work "GREAT". What I have learned working at Dollywood is that it is an abscess tooth waiting for a Dentist. Management is"GREAT", middle management "DOUBLY SO!!!!!". The work culture is, Praise Dolly, Place the plate!!!!! The hardest part of the job is fitting into THE Dollywood Mold, the turnover rate is extremely HIGH

Pros

Free money + gauranteed 40+ hrs + unemployment + solid work experience

Cons

Management, Management, And management, Do not meet the guests expectations, And no refunds but yet dw has on their website 100% customer satisfaction, Again middle mgt doesnt reflect dw mission statements, They do not lead with love or any human kindness.

The benefits are awesome!

It's really not where you work at Dollywood or other properties its the management. If they don't care for you you don't recieve good raises and you will not advance. Its so sad that you can work there for years and someone come new and they have more going for them because management likes them. I mean its sad... your concerns just don't matter.

Benefits

Fun place to work

Different departments have different management teams. My team is awesome and very caring. I enjoy working in different locations, and that my job changes often. If you are not flexible this job could be difficult.

Pros

Foods hosts gets free food.

Cons

Not enough vegetables.

Common questions about Dollywood

Answered by current and former employees at Dollywood

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollywood. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits