Dollywood
Happiness rating is 76 out of 100

Dollywood Employee Reviews

I loved working with my immediate team and most of the management team. Often required to work any job at any time due to extremely understaffed. Overall, most of the employees are warm-hearted and help others.
Pros
Many park, hotel and show perks. Good medical and dental coverage. Enjoy helping guests enjoy their experience.
Cons
If one department needs help due to understaffing, we’re all expected to drop everything and assist, leaving our own work to fall behind.
I enjoyed my work as Park Ambassador. I was out in the park interacting with guests and answering their questions. Due to COVID restrictions becoming less and less the ambassador job was ended.
Pros
Guest interaction
Cons
Healthcare
If you’re looking for a place of love and acceptance, this is the place for you. If you’re looking for work/life balance, this place is not the job for you.
Pros
The relationship you make with co-workers
Cons
Unrealistic expectations pushed down on management
Such a great company to work for, everyone cares about everyone! If a employee needs help or assistance in any way, management or coworkers make it happen as best as they can!
Pros
Reasonably priced lunch, good work is always recognized with free lunch coupons, free park tickets and employee events!
Loved my time working there as a performer. Patrons really love the shows - I felt like our team brought a lot of joy to people and that felt very rewarding.
Pros
Free access to theme park, basic health care on site, supportive staff & managers, lots of performance opportunities
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I’ve worked at Dollywood for a year and will be returning this season. What I like the most about Dollywood is that everyone treats each other with respect and as a family member.
Cons
I worked over (10) years for Dollywood before suffering a stroke and had to give up my job. Dollywood treated me really great! They cared for my health. I was contacted by them to check on my needs. I would cherish the opportunity to work there again.
Pros
Breaks, host lounge, free admission tickets every month
Cons
You have to work in the weather elements
Dollywood is a fun place to work. There is room for growth and advancement. The people you work with always smile and are friendly. The Christian atmosphere is felt throughout the park. I loved my Dollywood experience.
Dollywood is a fun place to work. There are challenges for some employees that work out in the sun and weather without any protection. Shifts are long at times but manageable. I hear a lot of the older employees that have been there for years complaining that they are being pushed out by younger employees. 10.25 an hour to stand out in 95+ degree heat with no shade, is asking a little too much and not healthy for those who do it day to day.
Pros
Free passes to park
Cons
Long shifts and low pay.
I enjoyed working in Tickets and Customer service management. The company culture is very family oriented, and is a friendly place to learn and have a good work life balance.
Pros
Great Food, Good Benefits, and Decent Scheduling
Cons
Sometimes management can be overbearing, or micromanaging
If you don't like one job, you can always try something else that works for you within the same company. The best thing about it though is, it is run like a Christian company and has very thoughtful caring people in management. Dollywood is about the sweetest place to work, the pay is a little low, but you get well compensated and there are plenty of opportunities to advance.
Pros
Lunch on site
Cons
Working in the heat (for some reason, most of the shops, do not have air conditioning)
Enjoyed working with this company until they began centralizing major departments, leaving those who were not located at the park out of a job.They can be somewhat clickish, but my director coworkers were awesome!
Pros
Close to home, professional admin staff, free park admission, discounts
Cons
Years of service do not necessarily qualify someone for a management role.
Tech work in dollywood entertainment can be fun most of the days but the intense and ever changing work schedule will leave you burnt out and feeling more like a tool than a person.
Pros
Work with some top industry acts.
Cons
Mediocre benefits, horrible life work balance, they dont care about you.
I loved working here for my internship! Whenever I was having a bad day and came into work it instantly put a smile on my face just because of the good people and environment! Would recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
Park Access
Great place to work at! Long days standing on your feet but worth it!! The environment in the air everyday is so happy and joyful! It wasn’t only a serious place to work at but it was a great place too see so many happy faces!
Working here is long hard work but you can advance given enough time. Wages are low as compared to others on the parkway but there is a great feeling of family
I had a great experience working for Dollywood. I got to meet a lot of people. And see different cultures. And my employees were great people to become friends with
You'll work your life away. At times you'll be expected to stay later despite already being there in the Am, hope you have somebody to take care of your pets.
I absolutely love working at Dollywood’s Splash Country! With this experience I have learned how to deal with some unruly guests in the most civil way possible. No complaints whatsoever.
I enjoyed my work. Supervisor are very helpful. We work as a team. The company really are interested in making visitors have good memories. Loved meeting people
Pros
Benefits are great.
Cons
Weather can be difficult at times.
Dollywood although nice. Is smoke and mirrors. They do not maintain a staff of people who are there for the RIGHT reasons. They will fire dependable, honest, hardworking people who rarely ever take days off if any at all. To keep bad seeds who are underqualified and have no sence of self leadership thus keeping the lazy employees and letting go the good employees who actually keep the company running at its best. What a shame.
Pros
Free theme park entry
Cons
Workers who work nights, and after hours do not get ant any perks., And they do not give raises to those who deserve them, . And if seems as if they pay no attention to worker performance., When HR should really be looking into the peoples work records to see who should stay or go, not just random
  1. Employee Reviews