Dollywood Employee Reviews in Pigeon Forge, TN

Positive work place
House and Grounds (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMay 28, 2019
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Supervisor is very understand if you need day's off for family affairs. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with guests who visit the park.
Pros
Sometimes get free lunch passes.
Cons
To far to drive for pay received.
Unfortunate
Cashier, Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMay 18, 2019
A typical day at Dollywood was characterized as relentlessly busy and incredibly overheated. I learned the basics of food safety and customer service while employed at Dollywood. The management was poorly regulated and didn't communicate well between shops-- an essential skill when working in a theme park.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long hours, uncaring management, rarely air conditioned
family friendly employees
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TN 37863April 18, 2019
all employee's are family at work and care about each other works well with each other and understand the aspects of the park and tradition . All over a great place to work.
Fun And Exciting work place
Host (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMarch 10, 2019
It was a very fun work environment. In my time there I made so many memories. A work day was kinda stressful running outta food at the stand and having to chase someone down to get you what you needed was hard. The people I worked around were some amazing people. I got along with just about everyone.
Pros
Discounts, Free access to any location that Dollywood/ Dollywood Spalsh Country partnered with
Cons
Short brakes, Not enough air conditioning
Great culture, friendliness, teamwork
Customer Service Representative-Tickets (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMarch 10, 2019
Overall, Dollywood and all Herschend Companies card for its employees and guests. It is a great place to work. Everybody in the whole Dollywood family creates MEMORIES WORTH REPEATING.
Great work environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 22, 2019
Developed a friendly and safe work and customer environment. Great potential atmosphere to first develop customer service skills and gain customer relation experience.
Great safe and fun work environment
Cashier/Host (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TN 37863January 13, 2019
I always got great hours and they always helped with my scheduling! Since I was a high school student at the time getting my first job was rather hard. Dollywood on the other hand helped me every step of the way to make sure their company was my first job.
Pros
Free admission and many other benefits
I enjoyed my time at dollywood
Host (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 8, 2019
Dollywood was a wonderful place to work. I really enjoyed the culture. I worked three 12 hour shifts every week so I certainly would get tired, but I enjoyed the opportunity.
I enjoyed working at Dollywood was able to meet different people
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 3, 2019
opening shop making sure food was cook properly , a very good place to work.I enjoyed working with fellow workers. Guests and safety were always a priority! We were competitive while supporting each other fully. We worked hard and enjoyed the rewards of knowing we did our best to serve our guests.
Pros
host meals
Long hours, but a decent job.
Opertations Team Member - Wild Eagle (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 2, 2019
The job was challenging at times, especially when working outdoors in 100 degree weather for 10 hours on end, but the people and benefits are always a great thing to have. Dollywood is not a bad place to work by any means, but the long hours did get in the way of enjoying most things after or before work.
Fun workplace.
Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNDecember 7, 2018
Wonderful people, lots of fun and family. The best part was meeting people from all over and learning about them. Hardest part was adjusting to new management.
nice place
Assistant Leader (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNDecember 4, 2018
i love working here. the people here are wonderful. the wages are fair. if there are any issues they are quick to help and get the matter resolved efficiently.
It was a great place to work and to teach me the value of following leadership
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNNovember 19, 2018
The management did all that they could to make us comfortable and cared for. They also allowed us to have health insurance after so many days working.
Dollywood
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNNovember 16, 2018
They atmosphere of Dollywood is easy captured as soon as you walk through the gates! Although some of the leadership throughout the park needs work. Most departments are constantly short-handed and they lean on others to help lift up and carry the weight when the "higher ups" basically refuse to help. While you bust your butt to help, you get nothing in return. The benefits are great, but they pay is a joke. Customer service is a large part of the job and I personally take pride in working at Dollywood. I have a wonderful department that is very caring and understanding of any needs of the people that work within that location. If you can find a location that shows appreciation, then take that opportunity and run with it!
Great atmosphere pleasant place to work!
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNNovember 13, 2018
Very good place to work, very high pace and busy!!
Shifts vary from 7-3 or 3-11.
Dress code is business attire
The Resort is beautifully decorated.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
15 min break with lunch
Stay out of Foods
Foods Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNOctober 20, 2018
This company has completely lost site of their core Christi an values. With the new VP of finance and the new Foods Director, Dollywood has become all about the dollar. The host's are not a focus at all unless they submit to the tyranny of the dictatorship that is know as the Foods Division.
The only focus of Dollywood is getting guests in the gate and taking their money.

I would recommend Dollywood as long as you are not going to the foods division. It is pure evil in that division and promotes nothing but negative energy caused by the Director of foods.
Pros
The people you work with on the front line.
Cons
Director of Foods and the foods division managememt.
Worst mangement host back stabers
Server, Hostess, and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNOctober 17, 2018
Worst place I worked at no breaks have to beg to go to the bathroom ridiculous. Do several jobs not enough pay I am contacting LABOR BOARD money hungry company say they care about HOST NOT!!! Team leaders are RUDE DISRESPECTFUL other host are back stages steals tables they change positions without asking you.
Very organized place
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNOctober 9, 2018
Splash Country cared about two things; keeping people safe and keeping people happy. They made sure the park was clean and a great place to have a family vacation.
Loved it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNOctober 6, 2018
I loved working at Dollywood
Hours were good the days were long but good hours
My manager was very rude and always complained but other then her the workplace was amazing always so welcoming and enjoyable
The pros about it was since its a big park its a long walk from the host parking to your station
Pros
Host lounge and good hours
Cons
The days were very long and host parking
Fun place to work
Admissions Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNSeptember 30, 2018
Worked with a great team with great team leads. Everyone has fun and enjoys each other's company. Lots of perks and comp tickets for our family. On site doctor was a plus.
Pros
Low cost Host meals, healthcare, perks in area attractions and comp tickets
Cons
Very hard to advance or transfer positions in this company, Work schedules are hard .sometimes 12 hours on one job, turnstiles is standing till 2 PM to get stool.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollywood. Our community is ready to answer.

Dollywood Reviews by Location