Dollywood Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Fun And Exciting work place
Host (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMarch 10, 2019
It was a very fun work environment. In my time there I made so many memories. A work day was kinda stressful running outta food at the stand and having to chase someone down to get you what you needed was hard. The people I worked around were some amazing people. I got along with just about everyone.
Pros
Discounts, Free access to any location that Dollywood/ Dollywood Spalsh Country partnered with
Cons
Short brakes, Not enough air conditioning
Great place to work.
Front line host (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJanuary 15, 2019
I loved work for dollywood. The interaction with guest was amazing.i loved being able to help them create memories with their families worth repeating.
Pros
Free lunch, free tickets
Cons
Working 16 hours a day
I enjoyed my time at dollywood
Host (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 8, 2019
Dollywood was a wonderful place to work. I really enjoyed the culture. I worked three 12 hour shifts every week so I certainly would get tired, but I enjoyed the opportunity.
Dollywood!!
Games Host/Breaker (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNFebruary 12, 2018
An amazing place to work! I loved every minute of it and if I wasn't going to school for something not related to Dollywood I would have never left! Perfect first job for teens!
Wonderful place to work
Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg while PBX Host (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNFebruary 1, 2018
Wonderful place to work. My coworkers and managers and easy to work with. Fast-paced environment and with lots of opportunities to learn something new.
Rinse and Repeat
Attractions Host (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMay 29, 2017
I worked a season position as an Attractions Host on one of the roller coasters. My main jobs was to insure the safety of the guest and my fellow coworkers while creating a fun and enjoyable environment. The bulk of the job was assisting the guests onto the roller coaster train, placing their loss articles into bins, checking their restraints, and dispatching the train on the ride. Rinse and repeat. We did have to do test rides every couple of hours which was a nice hiatus of the work. It was a very repetitive and monotonous job especially while working outside in the dead of summer in jeans and a button down shirt. However, we rotated positions on the ride every 30 minutes which add some variety to the day. How the schedules were made, we had to work long hours. I had back-to-back 12 hours shifts, but that gave me several free days throughout the week. The majority of the guests and my co-workers made the work enjoyable. There were some bad eggs of guests but seeing 99% of them walk off the ride with a big smile brought me joy. Management is very solid and respectable. They were involved but not overbearing. The overall culture at Dollywood has a family feel that is very inviting.
Pros
Good culture, Cheap meals, Free park tickets and other perks/discounts
Cons
Repetitive, Tedious work, Long workdays
Fun place to work
Host (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMarch 7, 2017
Very fun place to work. Training is minimal. Expectations are astronomical. Pay is extremely low in any position. Hours are very long and tend to prevent you from family time.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Bad pay, over worked, extremely hot if outside or in foods.
Sometimes fun, but really stressfull and demanding.
Host (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNOctober 12, 2016
Overalls it's an ok place to work. The company sometimes makes it a hard place to work. It's hot in most shops over 100 degrees. They use to reward their employees but this year they seemed to have just stopped. Most employees are great I love a lot of them.
Pros
There employee beniifits are ok if you get to use it, They have an ok parent program thats helps me pay daycare a little each month, Most of the employees are awesome.
Cons
When their slow you get no hours, When they get overly busy they change your schedual, 1 day short notice on your day off, and you work 6 days a week, Which is not covenant when you have kids, Management changes rules without saying anything till you get writen up, The safty lady debbie lies and gets you negative write.
Best Job I've Ever Had
Sales Host (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNOctober 20, 2015
This really is the best job I've ever had. I've been there for 5 years and my co-workers have become a second family. The pay stinks, but the benefits and perks help make up for it. But it's hard to survive on this pay. I love the guests and helping them make great memories! The hardest part of the job is upset guests and the outdoor elements.
Pros
Benefits/perks, Co-workers, Guests, Getting Paid to Have Fun
Cons
Pay, Outdoor elements (heat/cold/rain)
Seasonal, poor pay, bad working conditions
Toll Booth Host (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNSeptember 24, 2015
While this company claims to have a Christian background, in reality they are as capitalistic as Walmart. They do not care about anyone's religious beliefs, nor do they care about family problems. Families are not first when working for this company. When I called out one day the supervisor actually HUNG UP on me before i could finish talking. Then she tried to call back. A couple days later my contract for the next year was not renewed.
Fun place to work.
Attractions Host (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMay 14, 2015
Dollywood is a great place to work for Young adults and retired seniors or people wanting only part time jobs. It's a great fun atmosphere to work in and most of the employees love their jobs. It is hard to leave because its like leaving family.
Pros
Fun place, You get into most area attractions free.
Cons
The pay is low and the raises if they give them aren't much.
Fun work place and great team
Game host (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJune 30, 2014
At Dollywood I worked as a game host, I not only provide service to customers, but I also handle money making sure the finance was in check. I dealt with customers being dissatisfied and being the one to solve problem, making every effort to provide the customer with the best experience and joyful memories that will last. I learned that I will not always be able to satisfy customers, but I can work my hardest to meet their needs if possible. My team provided great support when it came to dealing with customers, if I could not come up with a solution, I could always rely on my partner to back me up. Though customers may seem unhappy at first, they always left satisfied at the end. We seem to always be able to provide great service giving the customers more than they expect.
Pros
Watching the customers leave happy
Cons
seeing a customer leave upset
fair
Ride Host (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNFebruary 25, 2014
made sure customers were safe on ride and ensured proper procedures of the ride