Dollywood Employee Reviews for Lead Recruiter

family friendly employees
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TN 37863April 18, 2019
all employee's are family at work and care about each other works well with each other and understand the aspects of the park and tradition . All over a great place to work.
I enjoyed working at Dollywood was able to meet different people
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 3, 2019
opening shop making sure food was cook properly , a very good place to work.I enjoyed working with fellow workers. Guests and safety were always a priority! We were competitive while supporting each other fully. We worked hard and enjoyed the rewards of knowing we did our best to serve our guests.
Pros
host meals
Fun workplace.
Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNDecember 7, 2018
Wonderful people, lots of fun and family. The best part was meeting people from all over and learning about them. Hardest part was adjusting to new management.
Splash Country
Lifeguard/Instructor, Foods Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 29, 2018
Splash Country is great for when you are 16 years old and want to try out life guarding. It is fast paced considering it is a water park, You always have to be on your toes and scan the water every second
Foods team lead
Foods team lead (Current Employee) –  FoodsMay 15, 2017
Great company ethics. Starts out making you feel respected for your talents but ends up they get rid of management at the drop of a hat. Basically it doesn't matter how hard your work and efforts are. Everyday going to work in the management you always wander is this going to be my last day over nothing or something stupid. If anyone has true management experience steer clear of this company.
Pros
Free tickets for family and friends.
Cons
Management has special friend clicks.
Everythings great! At first.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMarch 21, 2017
I started at dreammore, but ultimately was forced to transfer to the cabins because other people were jealous of my ambition. I learned that while the benefits are good, and dollywood SOUNDS very caring of their staff, they really only care about protecting certain managers. Stuff rolls downhill really fast, and you better hope you're not at the bottom. I watched other people who were hardworking and good at their jobs get transfered or let go for no good reason. Meanwhile no one wants to see the real problems they have, and if try to point them out and tell them how to fix it then you are accused of not doing your job properly.
Pros
Host lunches, comp tickets, good benefits if you're lucky enough to be full time.
Exciting Place to work
Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNFebruary 17, 2017
Dollywood really feels like a small town where everyone knows everyone. You really feel like you are at home while you are there. I absolutely enjoyed working there everyday.
A great place to work for great people!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 29, 2015
A fast paced and very physical job, but that's exactly what you'd expect. My work location was outdoor but under cover and very comfortable with strong fans for the summer and heaters for the winter. It was difficult to have a bad day or bad interactions with Guests because everyone was there to have a good time.

As a Team Lead I logged my Team's hours worked, the rides operation efficiency, and created the schedule for my team. I also did a lot of documentation of Host's attendance and performance.
Rewards for good performance were given frequently.
Pros
Cheap Lunch, Discounts throughout the park, Discounts on many local attractions and to other theme parks, Continuous training and feedback for self improvement.
Cons
Work outdoors in all weather conditions, Very Physically Demanding: walking constantly (often miles throughout the day), opening and closing restraints, many stairs.
Team Lead
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJanuary 28, 2015
Day to day concession operations, may involve one or more different concessions. Calculate labor on preplanned budget. All orders that apply to cost and sales. Bi-weekly inventories, employee scheduling with shift planner. Working with great teams and excellent management that aides in empowering me to provide excellent work and guest experiences.
Pros
$2.50
Cons
seasonal work
fun workplace with friendly employees
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNFebruary 1, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of the team having to sell fast passes and work the rides and let the people on the rides. The management over the team could have been better. However, the management over Splash Country was a great group to work with. The hardest part of the job was telling people that we do not refund their money on the bands. The most enjoyable part of the job was making friends at the park and working along with those friends throughout the summer.
Pros
2.50 lunch, free tickets to Splash Country and Dollywood, allowed to get in to different attractions across the U.S.
Cons
Commute, wearing Polos in the heat
An energetic company to work for. Interacting with guests and co-workers
Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 22, 2013
Dollywood's Splash Country is a fun place to work. I work 10-12 hour shifts and enjoy every moment because of the camaraderie with fellow co-workers and the socializing I get to do while out in my work place. I've learned that working as a team is the best way to get the job done. My management is always willing to work with me around my schedule and any concerns I have about the workplace as well as guests and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when a guest is not happy with their experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is I can try and make the rest of their time their happier and more fun.
Pros
free season passes for self and family, free parking, free lunches and wonderful people to work with and for.
Cons
the only con is dollywood is only open for 4 months in the summer.