Dollywood Employee Reviews for Lifeguard

great!
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJanuary 9, 2019
even though it was only for a short amount of time, splash country was the best job ive ever had. if i could afford to work there every summer then i would
Very organized place
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNOctober 9, 2018
Splash Country cared about two things; keeping people safe and keeping people happy. They made sure the park was clean and a great place to have a family vacation.
Fun Place to Work!
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMay 20, 2018
This was a great place to work. The typical work day started early and ended late, but I received many breaks during the day and I was able to get in the water and cool off.
Great job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNMarch 21, 2018
I loved working here when I did. It was my first job. Great opportunity, great coworkers, and great managers. You learn so much and you get to meet a wide variety of people.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks
Fun but exhausting
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNDecember 26, 2017
It was a nice place to work as a first time job. I learned how to manage my time and be responsible in my funds. Management was very understanding and friendly.
It was a fun summer job but I would not work here again.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNOctober 23, 2017
A typical day consisted of getting up very early and driving far for me. Then, I would stand around in the heat or freezing cold from 6 to 12 hours a day. Most of the managers were understanding but this job just was not for me.
Summer Lifeguard
lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNAugust 22, 2017
I was a lifeguard for one summer and my immediate manager hated me for no apparent reason. I would always get the worst schedule and rotations during my days at work. To my understanding, that manager has since been asked to not come back. This was back in like 2008 or something.
fun summer job
Aquatics Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJune 27, 2017
I've worked here for almost 5 seasons and I always have a fun summer. I meet many different people very season if not every day and always have good guest interactions.
Pros
$2.50 lunches local discounts mostly for free
A very fun and educational first job to have!
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNFebruary 21, 2017
I worked for splash country for two years! My experience was so much fun and so educational. I got to learn how to save lives and how to perform CPR. Oh and not to mention how many friendships you make there with the management and your co-workers! You get so many cool perks too. If you love to help people and have fun in the sun this is totally the job for you!
Pros
Cheap lunches, perks, tan, pay
Cons
Short breaks, management, long hours, no AC in break room.
Fun place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNDecember 21, 2016
It was a great environment to work in and I loved everyone there I just believe there should have been less managers. Some managers picked favorites. Overall though it was a great job.
Pros
Benefits, fun job, tan
Cons
They didn't care about my home life they just wanted me to work
Best Job Ever!
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNOctober 13, 2016
I literally hated to leave. this was the best working year i have ever had! All the managers are absolutely amazing. Everyone is always hanging out and more than willing to help with any questions you may have! i Would absolutely Recommend anyone here! You learn so much when you do saves. Oh and by the way you would also learn CPR and many other different thing.
Pros
luch for $2.50, managers are amazing, all associates are so nice and always willing to help
Cons
nothing at all!!!!
Fun
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNSeptember 21, 2016
I had fun while I was here, but the hours were scarce along with the hourly pay. It seemed as if the same three people got all the hours.
Bad/good
Life guard / Conductor/ Ride / Attendant (Former Employee) –  Water Park / TRAINOctober 3, 2014
Though some of my work experience was good. the majority was poor. Water Park (Splash Country) outstanding Management team. Support and training was spot on. DOLLYWOOD not so good, Management needs to be more aware of what is going on with the employees.Safety is a big issue for employees as well as guests.
Pros
Seeing happy faces on the quests faces
Cons
knowing the problems and knowing nothing will be done