Dollywood Employee Review

An energetic company to work for. Interacting with guests and co-workers
Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 22, 2013
Dollywood's Splash Country is a fun place to work. I work 10-12 hour shifts and enjoy every moment because of the camaraderie with fellow co-workers and the socializing I get to do while out in my work place. I've learned that working as a team is the best way to get the job done. My management is always willing to work with me around my schedule and any concerns I have about the workplace as well as guests and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when a guest is not happy with their experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is I can try and make the rest of their time their happier and more fun.
Pros
free season passes for self and family, free parking, free lunches and wonderful people to work with and for.
Cons
the only con is dollywood is only open for 4 months in the summer.

Other Dollywood Employee Reviews

Its ok.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJune 21, 2019
I worked with plenty of nice people at the resort. Upper management in the Dollywood company and Corporate from Herschend were wonderful. Benchmark not so much. Their values don't seem aligned well with HFEs.

About half of the managers in a certain department at the resort had basically no people skills...they fly through them pretty quickly (at least in F and B)...

HR had some issues.. (Most were great, but there were a select two or three that were hard to take seriously because they were doing the same things that they were firing people for. (I wasnt one of the ones fired.)

The perks are great-but they did not take away the issues that weren't being addressed. I could not get the tools I needed to succeed because there were too many hoops for even my manager to jump through. (She was great though. She did try.) In turn, I couldn't help my hosts either.

I did work my way up through a couple different positions rather quickly... So that's a plus if you're looking to do so.

However, when it isnt tourist season, your hours may get significantly lower(at resort)- even in certain manager/supervisor non exempt positions. They only require your average amount of hours worked to be full time over a certain period of time- which is why during season there may be overtime opportunites to get your hours average up, but then during slow season you may have less to work with. Just something to keep in mind when you get "extra time" during those peak seasons.

My favorite parts were literally the people I worked with and being able to help guests create memories
  more... with their families and friends.  less
A fantastic summer job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNMay 30, 2019
If you are a highschooler in the Sevier county area and looking for a summer job, this is the place to be. They give all types of discounts and such for the local areas, and the management is quite kind. Pay isn't the best, but the discounts make up for it if you are active around town.
Pros
discounts, great management, fun
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollywood. Our community is ready to answer.

Dollywood Reviews by Location